The Indian Air Force is one of the most prestigious organization in the country, and being a part of it is a matter of pride for many. Agniveer Vayu 2024 recruitment drive is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to serve their country and be a part of the Indian Air Force. The recruitment process is expected to be highly competitive and only the best candidates will be selected.
IAF send admit card of successfully registered candidates to their email IDs. You should note that the Agniveer Vayu scheme is for the posts of Airmen. This selection process is not for the selection of commissioned officers/ Pilots/ Navigators.
Update: Agniveer Vayu 2024 admit card will be sent to the students to their registered email IDs (48-72 hrs before the exam)
Overview of Agniveer Vayu 2024
|Name of the Scheme
|Name of the posts available
|Duration of active service
|17.5 years to 23 years
|Mode of application
|Authority Conducting the exam
|Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force Agniveer Vayu Dates 2024
|Starting of online application form
|27th July 2023
|Last date to submit the application form
|17th August 2023
|Date of Examination
|13th October 2023 onwards
|Date of Agniveer Joining
|To be updated
IAF Agniveer Vayu Eligibility Criteria
- The age of an applicant should be between 17.5 years to 23 years.
For Science Stream Students
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an education board with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Aspirants should have completed a 3-year diploma course in engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Candidates should have passed a two-year vocational course with non-vocational subjects i.e. Physics and Maths from a recognized board with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Any stream other than Science
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent exam in any subject approved by Central / State Education Boards with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Aspirants should have passed a two years vocational course with at least 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Medical Standards or Physical Standards
|At least 152.5 cm
|A minimum of 5 cm expansion
|Proportionate to height and age
|Aspirants must have normal hearing. He should be able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 metres with each ear separately
|Must have healthy gums, a good set of teeth and at least 14 dental points.
|Normal anatomy without loss of any appendages.Free from any surgical disability or infection or skin ailments.Physically and mentally fit to perform duty in any part of the World in any climate and terrain.
Also Check how to join SSC
Agniveer Vayu Application Process 2024
All eligible candidates need to submit the application form for Agniveer Vayu online. Check the details below.
- The registration process will take place through the official website of IAF i.e. indianairforce.nic.in.
- At the time of registration, aspirants need to provide their mobile number and email address.
- In the next step, candidates will have to enter their complete educational and personal details in the main application form.
- It is compulsory for candidates to upload scanned images of the following documents in the application form.
|Class 10th /matriculation passing certificate
|10+2 or equivalent exam mark sheet. Or 3 Years Engineering Diploma Final Year mark sheet along with class 10th mark sheet. Or 2 years vocational course mark sheet along with marks sheets of non-vocational course with subjects English, Physics and Mathematics
|Recent colour photograph of size 10 KB to 50 KB (Photograph must be taken with candidate holding a black slate in front of his chest with his name and date of photograph taken clearly written on it with white chalk in capital letters)
|Applicant’s Left-hand thumb impression image (Size 10 KB to 50 KB)
|Candidate’s signature image (Size 10 KB to 50 KB)
|Candidate’s parent’s (Father/ Mother)/ Guardian’s signature image (Applicable only if the age of a candidate is less than 18 years)
|Image of the mark sheet indicating marks in English subject in Diploma or 12th/ 10th if English is not a subject in Diploma.
- After uploading the images, candidates need to pay the application fee.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form receipt.
- The application fee for all candidates is Rs. 250/-
- Aspirants can pay the application fee online using Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Internet Banking.
- You may also pay the fee offline by submitting a bank challan at any branch of Axis Bank.
Check How to join CRPF
- IAF will send the e-admit card to the registered email IDs of candidates.
- The online admit card is mandatory for appearing in the exam. The candidates are advised to check their email regularly and download the admit card as soon as it is available.
- The admit card contains important information such as the exam date, time, and venue. It is essential that the candidates carry a printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre along with a valid photo ID proof.
- In case of any discrepancy or issue with the admit card, the candidates must contact the Indian Air Force immediately.
Indian Air Force Agneepath Scheme Recruitment 2024 is a six-stage selection process. The list of all six stages is given below. Please note that a candidate will be selected for the 2nd stage only if he clears the 1st stage.
- 1st stage – Written Exam
- 2nd stage – CASB (Central Airmen Selection Board) test
- 3rd stage – Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- 4th stage – Adaptability Test – 1 and Test – 2
- 5th stage – Document Verification
- 6th stage – Medical Examination
IAF Agniveer Exam Pattern
The pattern of the written exam for Agniveer Vayu 2024 is explained in the following table.
|For Airmen Science
|Subject and Number of questions
|English – 20 Questions Mathematics – 25 Questions Physics – 25 Questions
|For Airmen Other Than Science
|Reasoning & General Awareness – 30 Questions English – 20 Questions
|Airmen Science & Other than Science
|Mathematics – 25 Questions English – 20 Questions Reasoning & General Awareness – 30 Questions Physics – 25 Questions
Note: Each question will carry 1 mark. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
The subject-wise syllabus of Agniveer Vayu Recruitment 2024 is given below.
- English – Word Formation, Determiners, Conjunction, Modals, Adverb, Subject-verb concord, Clauses, Antonyms, Synonyms, One-word substitution, Idioms and phrases.
- Mathematics – Binomial Theorem, Application of integrals, Application of derivatives, 3-Dimensional geometry, Differentiation, Differential equations, Definite and Indefinite integrals, Permutation and Combination, Matrices and Determinants, Mathematical reasoning, Mathematical induction, Linear programming, Straight lines and family of lines, etc.
- Reasoning – Time, Speed and Distance, Simple Trigonometry, Inserting correct mathematical signs, Percentage, Non-verbal reasoning, Number Puzzle and coding, Analogy & Odd one out, Coding and Decoding, Area of triangles, squares and rectangles, Time sequence, Number and Ranking.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
The physical fitness test consists of the following activities
- 1.6 Km run to be completed within 06 minutes 30 seconds.
- 10 Push-ups,
- 10 Sit-ups
- 20 Squats
At the time of the document verification, candidates need to furnish the following documents.
- Colour printout of admit card for Phase II.
- Colour printout of duly filled application form downloaded on completion of online registration.
- 8 passport-size colour photographs (similar to the one used at the time of registration)
- Original along with 4 self-attested copies of matriculation passing certificate
- Original along with 4 self-attested copies of matriculation mark sheet
- Any one of the following three documents. Original with four copies
- Intermediate/ 10+2/ equivalent examination passing certificate and marks sheet.
- Three years diploma course passing certificate and marks sheets of all semesters.
- Two years vocational course passing certificate and all marks sheets including a non-vocational course with subjects English, Physics and Mathematics
- Phase-I admit card
- Certificate for SOAFP (Son of Air Force Personnel), if applicable)
- NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate (if applicable)
IAF Agniveer Vayu Salary
Selected candidates will get the salary as per the following package.
|Monthly Salary Package
|In-Hand Salary (70% of total)
|Contribution to Agniveer Fund (30%)
|Contribution to Agniveer Fund by the Government
|Total Amount in Agniveer Fund after 4 years
|Rs. 5.02 lakh
|Rs. 5.02 lakh
|Total Amount a candidate will get after exit (As Seva Nidhi Package)
|Rs. 10.04 lakh/-
- Perform pre-flight checks and inspections on aircraft to ensure they are in good condition for flight.
- Operate and maintain aircraft systems and equipment during the flight.
- Communicate with air traffic control and other aircraft to ensure safe and efficient air traffic flow.
- Participate in training exercises and drills to maintain readiness and proficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of flight time, maintenance activities, and other relevant information.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, IAF will not provide any TA/ DA to candidates.
No, 25% of total Agniveers will be selected to be enrolled in the IAF as a regular cadre.
No, women candidates are not eligible to join the armed forces under the agniveer scheme.