An entrance test will be conducted by the Banaras Hindu University to select the students for admission into the Central Hindu Girls’ School (CHGS) and Central Hindu Boys’ School (CHBS). Different tests will be held for admission into classes VI, IX and XI in the month of April 2021. Interested students/ parents can fill the application form for the entrance test from the month of March 2021 in online mode. Before applying, the students must ensure their eligibility criteria for the class they wish to take admission in. this article provides complete details related to BHU SET 2021 such as application process, admit card, etc in a nutshell.
BHU SET 2021 Important Highlights
- The application form will be considered as successfully submitted only after the payment of application fee.
- Incorrect and incomplete application forms will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be sent in this regard.
- Details of test center, date and time will be communicated to the students through their admit card.
- 50% seats will be reserved for the sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU subject to securing the minimum marks in the SET.
- To take admission as internal candidate (in class VI & XI) students will have to fill separate form available at the school counter.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for more than one stream in Class XI, he/ she will have to fill separate application forms for each stream.
- If the candidate commits any error in filling the roll number, SET number, etc on the answer sheet, it will not be possible to rectify the error and the answer sheet will be evaluated accordingly.
BHU SET 2021 Examination Schedule
Check below the tentative exam schedule for BHU SET 2021:
|Availability of online application form||1st week of March 2021|
|Last date for submission of application||Last week of March 2021|
|Correction in application form||1st week of April 2021|
|Last date for correction in application form||2nd week of April 2021|
|Issue of admit card||2nd week of April 2021|
|Dates of entrance test||4th week of April 2021- Class XI Arts & Commerce|
|4th week of April 2021- Class XI Biology|
|4th week of April 2021- Class XI Mathematics|
|Last week of April 2021- Class IX|
|week of April 2021- Class VI|
|Result declaration||2nd week of June 2021|
|Beginning of counseling/ admission process||4th week of June 2021- Class VI|
|4th week of June 2021- Class IX|
|4th week of June 2021- Class XI Mathematics|
|4th week of June 2021- Class XI Biology|
|Last week of June 2021- Class XI Arts & Commerce|
|Last week of June 2021- Class XI Paid Seats (In CHBS Only)|
Details of the BHU SET 2021 eligibility criteria for different classes are given below:
For class VI:
- Age limit: The age of the candidates as on 30th September 2021 should be between 10 and 12 years.
- Educational qualification: Candidates should have passed class V examination from a recognized school.
For class IX:
- Age limit: As on 30th September 2021, age of the candidates should be between 13 and 15 years.
- Educational qualification: A pass in class VIII exam of a recognized school is mandatory to be eligible.
For class XI:
- The age of the candidates should not be more than 18 years as on 30th September 2021.
- Science stream: Applicants should have passed class X exam from a recognized board/ university with more than 60% marks in aggregate. Along with this, above 50% marks is also required in Science and Mathematics individually.
- Commerce stream: Those who have passed class X exam from a recognized board/ university with at least 55% aggregate marks can apply.
- Arts stream: Mere pass in class X exam from a recognized board/ university is required.
BHU SET Application Form 2021
Complete application process have been made online The application form for BHU SET 2021 will be made available on the entrance test portal www.bhuonline.in. Link for the same can also be found on the official website of the university www.bhu.ac.in and on this page.
- Applicants can fill their application forms by providing basic personal, academic, contact and other details as required.
- Along with this, it is also mandatory to upload candidates’ photograph and signature into the form in scanned format.
- Details in the application forms should be provided with extreme care so that there are no mistakes in it.
- Although correction window will be provided for rectifying any mistakes into the form, it is better if the form is submitted error-free in the first attempt only.
- Once all the information is provided into the application form, the candidates should submit it online.
- There is no need to send a printout of the form to the University but the students should keep one copy with them for their own use.
- Application fee for general candidates will be Rs. 400/- and for SC/ ST candidates, Rs. 200/-.
- The application fee can be paid online through debit or credit card or through challan submission in HDFC bank.
- The admit card will be sent to the candidate via email on the registered email address.
- SMS alert regarding issue of Admit Card will also be sent on the registered mobile number.
- Other than this, the candidates can download the admit card from the BHU Entrance Test Portal www.bhuonline.in using the unique code allotted at the time of application submission.
- If a candidate is unable to download the admit card one week before the test, he/ she should contact the relevant authorities.
- Candidates will have to paste self-attested passport size photograph (same as the one uploaded in application form) in the space provided on the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, the candidate should inform the Chief Coordinator, SET 2021.
Basic overview of the BHU SET 2021 exam pattern is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Pen and paper based
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Important topics:
- For class VI: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science
- For class IX: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science
- For class XI:
- Mathematics Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General Studies
- Biology Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Studies
- Commerce & Arts Group: English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, General Mathematics and General Studies
- Result of the entrance test will be declared through online mode on the official website of the university.
- A candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she gets a minimum of 33% (25% for SC/ ST) in the SET.
- On the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test, a merit list of the candidates will be drawn.
- The qualified candidates having NCC “A” Certificate will be given additional 3 marks while preparing the list.
- Separate merit lists will be drawn for admission into different classes and displayed on the entrance test portal www.bhuonline.in.
Counseling & Admission
- No separate letter will be sent to call students for counseling and are advised to see their position in the merit lists and appear for the counseling.
- Candidates must report for counseling along with the relevant documents in original and photocopy.
- The candidates for admission in class XI will have to exercise their choice combination on the day of counseling.
- The eligibility shall be verified with the original certificates and mark sheets at the time of counseling.
- The candidates will be given a seat in the concerned class strictly on the basis of the merit subject to successful verification.
- If at any stage it is found that the applicant is not eligible for admission, his/her candidature will automatically stand cancelled.
The candidates are required to produce the following certificates in original and their photocopies at the time of counseling:
- Mark sheet of previous class
- Date of birth certificate
- School leaving certificate of previous school
- Category certificate, for candidates belonging to SC/ ST category
- Admit card of BHU SET 2021
- Employee Certificate from LTC Cell, BHU, for sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU (except for internal admissions)
- Any other important documents as required
Subject Combinations Available In Class XI
- For Central Hindu Boys’ School (CHBS)
- A1: English Core, 2. Physics, 3. Chemistry, 4. Mathematics and 5. Computer Science
- A2, A3 & A4: English Core, 2. Physics, 3. Chemistry, 4. Mathematics, and 5. Hindi Core/ Sanskrit Core/ Physical Education
- B1: English Core, 2. Physics, 3. Chemistry, 4. Biology, and 5. Computer Science/ Agriculture
- B2: English Core, 2. Physics, 3. Chemistry, 4. Biology, and 5. Hindi Core/Sanskrit Core/ Mathematics/ Physical Education
E: 1. English Core, 2. Accountancy, 3. Business Studies, 4. Economics and 5. Mathematics/ Vocal Music/ Physical Education/ Computer Science/ Hindi Core/ Sanskrit
F: 1. English Core/ Hindi Core, 2. Economics/ Psychology, 3. History/ Vocal Music/ Computer Science 4. Political Science/ Sanskrit/ Mathematics and 5. Geography/ Physical Education
- For Central Hindu Girls’ School (CHGS)
- English Core, 2. Physics, 3. Chemistry, 4. Mathematics/ Biology and 5. Hindi Core/ Sanskrit Core/ Computer Science/ Music (Vocal/ Sitar/ Tabla)
- English Core, 2. Accountancy, 3. Business Studies, 4. Economics and 5. Hindi Core/ Sanskrit Core/ Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Music (Vocal/ Sitar/ Tabla)
- English Elective/ Hindi Elective/ Home Science, 2. Economics/ Psychology/ Physical Education, 3. Political Science/ Geography/ Painting, 4. English Core/ Hindi Core and 5. Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Music (Vocal/ Sitar/ Tabla)/ Sanskrit Core/ History
Candidates belonging to the different categories will be given reservation in seats as per the following rule:
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates
- 5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates
- 50% seats are reserved for sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU