Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) is the authority that will conduct the Bihar ITICAT 2022 examination. Here, ITICAT stands for Industrial Training Institute Competitive Admission Test. This entrance exam is conducted to select candidates for admission to ITI institutes across the state of Bihar. Candidates can get admission in Engineering and Non-Engineering trades. A large number of private and government institutes offer admission on the basis of this exam. In this post, all the necessary details related to the Bihar ITICAT 2022 examinations are provided.
The tentative schedule of Bihar ITICAT 2022 examination is given in the following table.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting date of online registration process||1st week of July 2022|
|Last date to register online||1st week of August 2022|
|Last date of payment through Challan after submission of Online Application form of Registered candidate||2nd week of August 2022|
|Last date of payment through Net Banking / Debit Card/ Credit Card after submission of the Online Application Form of Registered Candidate||2nd week of August 2022|
|Availability of the correction window||2nd week of August 2022|
|Releasing of the Admit Card||August 2022|
|Date of examination||August 2022|
|Declaration of the result||August 2022|
Bihar ITICAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before submitting the application form.
- The age of a candidate should be at least 14 years as of 1st August 2022. It means candidates born after 1st August 2008 are not eligible.
- To take admission into mechanic motor vehicle and mechanic tractor, the age of a candidate should be at least 17 years.
- Aspirants must have passed class 10th or equivalent exam conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) or CBSE with Mathematics and Science (Physics, and Chemistry).
- Those students who will appear for the class 10th or equivalent exam in the year 2022 are also eligible.
- To get admission into IT sector trade, aspirants must have studied science in class 10th.
- For non-engineering trades, just a pass in the class 10th examination is enough.
Bihar ITICAT Application Form 2022
The application form for Bihar ITICAT 2022 will release online. Those eligible students who are looking to apply need to submit the form before the last date. The complete process of the Bihar ITICAT 2022 consists of the following steps.
1st Step – Registration – First of all, you need to visit the official website of the board and register yourself. During registration, you will have to provide some of your basic information including your email ID and Mobile Number.
2nd Step – Enter personal information – After registration, you will have to login and enter your complete personal information like name, fathers’ name, etc.
3rd Step – Upload photo and signature – In the next step, you need to upload your photograph. In the photograph, you should hold a placard on your name and the date of clicking the photograph should be mentioned. Apart from this, you also need to upload your signature.
4th Step – Provide Academic Details – Once you are done uploading your signature, you should enter your complete academic details.
5th Step – Preview your application – Now, you can check the preview of your application. Submit the application form if you are satisfied with the information you have provided in the application form.
6th Step – Payment of the Examination Fee – After submitting the form, you can pay the necessary application fee.
7th Step – Take application form printout – Finally, take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
The application fees for candidates of various categories are as follows.
- General/ OBC/ EBC candidates – Rs. 750/-
- SC/ ST candidates – Rs. 100/-
- Physically Disabled candidates – Rs. 430/-
Mode of payment – A candidate can pay the application fee either online or offline.
- Online mode of payment – Using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Offline mode of payment – By submitting a bank challan.
Bihar ITICAT 2022 Admit Card
- Those candidates who will fill and submit the application form before the last date will be able to download the admit card.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to visit the official website and enter their registration details.
- The admit cards will not be sent by post to any of the candidates.
- An admit card will carry information like date, time, and venue of the examination.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to carry a hard copy of the admit card at the examination centre.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card and one photo Identity proof.
Bihar ITICAT Exam Pattern 2022
The exam pattern of the Bihar ITICAT 2022 examination is given below.
- Mode of examination – Offline (Pen and Paper based examination)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions – 150
- Number of papers – 1
- Duration of the examination – 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Maximum Marks – 300 marks
- Language of questions – English and Hindi
- Number of section – 3 (Mathematics, General Science, and General Knowledge)
- Marking Scheme – Each question will carry 2 marks
- Negative marking – Not applicable
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||150 questions||300 marks|
Bihar ITICAT Syllabus 2022
Candidates must know and understand the syllabus deeply in order to secure good marks in the entrance exam. The difficulty level of the examination will be as par with the class 10th standard. The detailed syllabus of Bihar ITICAT 2021.
- Mathematics: Sets and functions, Sets, Relation & Functions, Trigonometric Functions, Algebra, Principle of Mathematical induction, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Linear inequalities, Permutation & Combination, Binomial Theorem, Sequence & Series, Co-ordinate Geometry (I), Straight Lines, Conic Section, Introduction to Three-dimensional Geometry, Calculus (I) , Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Resoning, Statistics & Probability (I), Statistics, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Matric, Determinants, Calculus , Continuity and Differentiability, Applications of Derivatives, Integrals, Applications of the Integrals, Integral, Applications of the Integrals, Differential Equations, Vectors and three dimensional geometry, Vectors, Three – dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, Linear Programming (II), Probabilty (II)
- Physics: Properties of Bulk Matter, Heat and Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and, Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Current Electricity, Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Physical world and measurement, kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body, Gravitation, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and, Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems
- Chemistry: Some basic concepts of Chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Redox Reactions etc.
- Biology: Cell: Structure and Function, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Diversity in Living World, Plant Physiology, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology & Environment, Human Physiology., Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare
- General Knowledge: Indian History, Indian Geography, Sports, Current Affairs, Famous Personalities, etc.
- Soon after conducting the exam, the board will declare the result in online mode.
- To check the result, aspirants have to visit the official website and provide their registration details.
- The information related to the subject-wise and total marks scored by candidates will be mentioned on the result card.
- Along with the result, the board will also release a merit list.
- Only those candidates will get their names in the merit list who will score more than qualifying marks.
- Those successful candidates who will clear the entrance exam will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- In the counselling process, candidates will be asked to provide the choice of institutes in which they want to study.
- The allotment of seats will take place only on the basis of marks secured by candidates in the entrance exam.
- The admission will be finalized only after the verification of the documents and payment of fees.
- Certificate of passing (ii) Marks sheet and (iii) Admit Card for Matric or equivalent Examination (only Admit Card in the case of a candidate appearing in the qualifying examination)
- In case of appearing candidate in the qualifying Examination, a certificate clearly mentioning the subjects and stating that the result of such examination has not been published
- Caste certificate – Issued by the Concerned C.O. of Permanent residence
- Income & Assest Certificate to be produced by Economically Weaker Section – Issued by concerned DM / SDM / CO of permanent resident in prescribed proforma.
- Character certificate – Head of Institution last attended
- Application Form (Part-A) – Duly filled in by the candidate and photo pasted on the specified place on it.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Certificate for permanent resident of Bihar – Issued by the Concerned C.O. of Permanent residence
- Refugee Registration certificate (if applicable) – DM/ Refugee Registration Officer
- Certificate showing that the applicant’s parent is an employee of the Govt. of Bihar (if applicable) – Employer concerned
- Certificate showing that the applicant’s parent is an employee of Govt of India and posted in Bihar or an employee of any Public Sector Undertaking of the Government of India and posted in Bihar at the time of the submission of the application (if applicable) – Employer concerned
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Will I get the facility to fill and submit the application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, it is compulsory for all candidates to submit the application form in online mode only.
Question – 2: Is it possible to submit the application fee in cash?
Answer: Yes, you can pay the fee by cash by submitting a bank challan.
Question – 3: Can I get the admit card by post after submitting the application form online?
Answer: No, the admit card will not be sent by post to any candidate.
Question – 4: Is Bihar ITICAT 2022 an online exam or an offline exam?
Answer: This is an offline exam that will take place on OMR sheets.