The Calcutta Girls’ High School is one of the best girls’ schools of Kolkata. Established in the year 1856, the school aims at imparting quality education as well as platform for all round development of a girl child. Classes from KG to grade 12 are offered in the school and the curriculum prescribed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations is followed. Students are selected for enrolment in class KG as per the rules of the school management. For higher classes, admission is done on the basis of availability of vacant seats.
Calcutta Girls’ High School Basic Details
Some basic information about the Calcutta Girls’ High School are given below.
|Year of establishment||1856|
|Board of affiliation||ICSE|
|Type of school||Private, all girls’ school|
|Grades offered||KG to class 12|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Contact address||118, Princep Street, Kolkata – 700 072, West Bengal, India|
|Phone number||91 33 2215 1540|
Before applying for the admission, it is important that the parents ensure that their ward fulfill the basic eligibility criteria for the same. Details about the same can be found by contacting the school’s office.
- Parents who wish to enroll their kid(s) need to fill and submit an admission form providing basic details about the kid and the parents.
- The admission form is expected to be released on the official website of the school.
- Students whose applications are received successfully in time will be considered for the admissions.
- Selection of the students for admissions will be done as per the rules decided by the school management.
- The parents can get the detailed information regarding the Calcutta Girls’ High School admission by contacting the school.
One can find almost all facilities at the Calcutta Girls’ High School that should be there in an ideal school. Here have a look at some of the facilities available at the school.
- Smart classrooms with proper ventilation
- Science & computer laboratories
- Playground & sports facilities
- Well-stocked library
- Spacious auditorium
- Clean cafeteria
- Yoga classes
- Activity center
- Music and dance classes
- Drawing and calligraphy classes
- Healthcare facilities
- Transport facilities
- Arts and crafts classes
- Co-curricular activities- Debate, Indian Dance, Western Dance, Basket Ball, Chess, Western Music, Eastern Music, etc
Calcutta Girls’ High School Fees Structure
The annual fee structure for Calcutta Girls’ High School is provided in the table below.
|Particulars||Fees Structure (per annum)|
|Play group to class II||Class III to class VIII||Class IX and class X||Class XI and class XII|
|Tuition Fees||INR 25200||INR 25800||INR 26400||INR 27000|
|Development Fees||INR 2100||INR 2100||INR 2100||INR 2100|
|Session Fees||INR 7200||INR 7200||INR 7200||INR 7200|
|Power Backup Fees||INR 1200||INR 1200||INR 1200||INR 1200|
|Curricular Fees||INR 7800||INR 9000||INR 9600||INR 9600|
|Educational Project Fees||INR 1200||INR 1200||INR 1200||INR 1200|
|Subject Fees||———||———||INR 4800||INR 6000|
|Total||INR 44700||INR 46500||INR 52500||INR 54300|
Club Fee Structure
|Dance (Indian Classical)||INR 1050|
|Dance (International)||INR 1350|
|Food & Beverages||INR 1050|
|French Language||INR 1350|
|Games (Basketball)||INR 1050|
|Vocal Music (Eastern)||INR 1050|
|Vocal Music (Western)||INR 1050|
Calcutta Girls’ High School Contact Info
- Address: 118, Princep Street, Kolkata – 700 072, West Bengal, India
- Phone no.: 91 33 2215 1540
- Fax: 91 33 2215 2728
- Official website: www.cghs1856.org
- Address: DVC More, Kali, Pahari More, Asansol – 713 339, West Bengal, India
- Phone no.: 91 33 2215 1546/ 91 33 2215 1542/ 91 33 2215 1547/ 91 33 2215 1548
- Fax: 91 33 2215 2728
- Official website: www.cghsanansol.org
Also Check: St Lawrence High School kolkata
This article provides some important information related to the Calcutta Girls’ High School. Efforts have been made to provide genuine details only. However, in case you find any kind of discrepancy in this post, please let us know. You can drop your messages in the comment box below.