Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the authority that conducts the CBSE Reading challenge every. This challenge is organized to provide students with the opportunity to demonstrate their skills in reading and understanding the English language. Those who want to apply need to submit the application form through their school. It is two-stage examination. Only those students will be allowed to apply for stage 2 who will clear the stage 1 exam. In this post, all the necessary details related to the CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24 are provided.
Update: CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24 registration is now open.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 Important Dates
|Releasing of official notification||Released|
|Starting of the registration process||Now open|
|Question paper availability for registered schools||To be announced|
|Exam date for stage 1||To be announced|
|Start of registration for stage 2||To be announced|
|Date of examination for stage 2||To be announced|
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for all the candidates to make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
For Stage – 1: All the aspirants who are studying in Class 8th to Class 10th from a school affiliated to the CBSE.
For Stage – 2: Best 6 students from each affiliated school registered after the 1st stage.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 Application Form
The registration process of CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24 has been started online at its official website. . Please note that the application process of stage 1 and stage 2 takes place separately. Complete details related to the application process are as follows.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 1st stage
- Those schools who are looking to register for this test must be affiliated to the CBSE.
- Please note that the schools can register on behalf of their students for stage 1 only.
- In the application form, all the necessary details regarding the candidates must be entered.
- The school must register well before the last dates.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the candidature of the applicant can be rejected.
- There is no application fee for the first stage.
- Students cannot register themselves for the 1st
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 2nd Stage
- Only those students who will clear 1st round will be allowed to register for the 2nd
- Students can register themselves for the 2nd round after clearing the 1st
- Only six students from each class are eligible for the 2nd round registration.
- For the second round, an application fee is applicable.
- After submitting the application form, aspirants must take a printout of the same for future requirements.
The application fees for the candidates of various categories are as follows.
|Stage 1||No charges|
|Stage 2||No charges|
Check details about Aakash ANTHE
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates looking to participate in the CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 must know the examination pattern given below.
For Stage 1
- Initially, the contest is going to be for reading in English.
- Schools may take the question papers as per the schedule.
- The question paper will have five to eight passages. Each passage will be followed by objective type questions.
- Those students who will answer the questions in the shortest span of time will be selected.
- Successful candidates will be shortlisted for the stage 2.
For Stage 2
- The stage 2 examination will be online (Computer based test).
- The test will be conducted only for those students who will clear stage 1 and register before the last date.
- The details modalities of the stage 2 examination will be communicated to the students after the stage 1 exam.
Awards and Recognition
The awards and recognition to be given to the students are as follows.
- Those students who will participate in the stage 2 examination will get online participation & appreciation certificate by the Board.
- Top 50 candidates from every region will get a merit certificate.
- Please note that this test will help candidates in boosting their knowledge and confidence.
- Schools are advised to encourage their students to participate in large numbers for this challenge.
- Through this test, students will get an opportunity to demonstrate and practice their reading skills.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 Result
- The result of the first round based on the reading skill of the candidates will be declared by the school (2 each for class 8th, 9th, and 10th).
- Please note that if more than 6 students perform equally well then school will organize a suitable screening test to identify the best 6 students.
- The result of stage 2 will be released online through the official website of the board.
- Best scholars will get recognition according to the terms.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the students need to participate in their schools only. The CBSE will not accept individual applications.
The following abilities of the student will be tested during the challenge.
The ability to read with accuracy and process text in order to understand it
The ability to read with comprehension
The ability to construct meaning by retrieving information, relating text with their previous knowledge and integrating information
The ability to interpret information and draw an inference.
The ability to reflect and evaluate to assess the quality and credibility of the text
Please note that stage 2 of the examination will be conducted in online mode (Computer-based test).
No, there is no such application fee.
There is not any application fee prescribed.