Each year on March 10, the CISF raises funds to support its mission. In the year 2023, India is going to celebrate the 54th CISF Raising Day. Approximately 2,200 people worked for it when it was established by an action of the Indian Parliament in March 1969, according to official records. The day has been established in order to improve the safety and safety of manufacturing units across the nation.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is an Indian Central Armed Police Force that is responsible for industrial security. Located in New Delhi, it is administered by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs and has its headquarters there. The CISF is credited with providing security protection to more than 300 industrial plants, state public works projects, and institutions and enterprises across the nation.
CISF Raising Day History
The Central Intelligence Agency (CISF) was established on March 10, 1969, after the passage of an Act in the Parliament. Another Act of Parliament established the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) as an armed force of India in 1983. It was signed into law on June 15, 1983.
Each year on March 10, the CISF Raising Day is observed to honor the foundation day of the Central Industrial Security Force. The importance of the CISF Raising Day is discussed below.
CISF Raising Day Significance & Objective
The International Day of the CISF raises awareness of the criticality of security needed by important industrial enterprises and areas. In order to ensure a smooth productivity and a safe environment for people, industrial sites like as nuclear facilities, airlines, hydroelectric dams, historical monuments, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, and many more are required to have CISF protection.
The goal of the CISF is to provide better safety and security for industrial enterprises in the nation, including those in the public and private sectors alike. The Central Intelligence Agency includes 12 reserves regiments and eight training institutions.
Check: Special days in March
CISF Raising Day: CISF Duties
- Over 300 industrial units and state public works projects throughout the nation are protected by this company.
- Security is provided by the CISF for nuclear power stations and quarries owned and managed by Central Public Sector Enterprises (PSUs), as well as for key ports, airlines, and hydro electric facilities that produce Indian currency.
- In addition, it offers consulting services to commercial businesses and government agencies in India.
- Certain CISF regiments cooperate with the police to keep the peace.
- CISF’s fire brigade assists in occupational injuries.
CISF Raising Day Logo
The CISF emblem serves as the institution’s public face, representing protection and reliability for production plants throughout the world.
CISF Raising Day 2023 Quotes
- “VIP culture sometimes creates hurdles in security architecture. Hence, it’s important that the citizens cooperate with the security personnel.” (PM, ‘Narendra Modi)
- “No person armed with a standing army can leave the country. It’s important to keep us armed and disciplined at all times.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.” (George Washington)
- “On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind.” (Dan Lipsinki)
- “The soldier is the Army. No Army is better than its soldiers. The soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country.” (George S Patton)
- “In fact I feel less worried about the military every day. I think the church will be better for me.” (Winston Churchill)
On March 10
On March 10, 2023
Shri.Sheel Vardhan Singh