- Delhi Police is offering many facilities online such as lodging FIRs, Lost & Found reports, requesting tenant verification, etc.
- You must have a valid email ID and phone number to report an incident.
- A unique number will be generated after you file a report.
- You can use this number to track your complaints.
Delhi Police is one of the smartest and most advanced forces in India. To reach out to citizens, it has provided a facility to register First Information Reports (FIRs) online. You no longer have to visit the police station to lodge your complaint.
This user-friendly system ensures transparency in the department. With the availability of the Delhi Police Online FIR portal, you can also track actions on your complaints. It is a great initiative by the Delhi police to build trust and confidence in the public.
Online Services Offered by Delhi Police
Delhi Police has a dedicated portal for a large number of services. Citizens can use this portal for any of the following services.
- Lost report
- Motor Vehicle (MV) E-FIR
- Missing person/ children registration
- Track the missing child (WCD)
- Khoya paya child (GNCTD)
- Missing person search
- Theft e-FIR
- View FIR
- Police clearance report
- Character verification report
- Senior citizen registration
- Domestic help/ tenant registration
- Missing/ stolen mobile phones
- View complaint status
- Complaint lodging
- NOC/ License
- Stolen vehicle search
- Unidentified persons found
- Unclaimed seized vehicle search
- Unidentified dead bodies
- Economic Offences Wing (EOW)
- Pak national registration guidelines
- Arrested person
- Permission for processions, rallies, & other events
- Request for 66 DP Act
- Citizen services feedback
- Request for jama talashi/ Supardari claims
- Antique FIR
- Complaint Dashboard
File e-FIR for Theft
If someone has stolen your property then you can lodge an e-FIR online. The process is explained below.
- Go to the Delhi Police stolen property portal propertytheft.delhipolice.gov.in/.
- Choose the “Stolen Report” option.
- Click “Existing User” if you have a profile on the Delhi police portal. Else, click “New user”.
- Create an account by providing the following details: username, email ID, mobile number, and password.
- Next, sign in using the username and password generated in the previous step.
- The system will verify your email ID and mobile number through an OTP.
- On the next page, you should click on the “Register FIR” button. From this page, you can also retrieve an FIR or search the status of your FIR.
- Now, a form will display on your screen. You must fill out this form very carefully.
- A few of the details you are required to enter are –
- Complainant’s Details – Name, Parentage, Gender, Country, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Place from where property stolen in Delhi, Police Station, District, Date & Time of property theft.
- Type of Incident – Theft/ Luggage Lifting/ Pick Pocketing/ Burglary, Can you Identify the suspect, vehicle used by the suspect, etc.
- Details of the property stolen – Select a category of the property and a provide description.
- Other Details – ID proofs of the complainant, information about the suspect, etc.
- Check and confirm that the details you have provided are true to the best of your knowledge.
- Finally, click on the “Register” button.
A copy of the FIR with an FIR number will now be generated. Take a printout of the same for future requirements. Soon, an investigation officer may contact you if required.
Also Check: UP Police Online FIR Details
Lodge Complaint for a Crime
Unfortunately, if you are a victim of a serious crime then Delhi Police is there to help you. You can lodge a complaint through their Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS).
- First thing first, visit the official website at cctns.delhipolice.gov.in/citizenicms/.
- Choose “Create an account” if you are visiting for the first time.
- Enter the following information.
- Personal Details – First Name, Identification Type (Aadhar Card (UIDAI)/ Driving Licence/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Ration Card/ Voter Card), Identification Number, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Gender.
- Age Panel – Enter your Date of Birth.
- Address – Village/ Town/ City, district, state, country, etc.
- Login Details – Username, Security Question/ Answer, Password, etc.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Next, you can log in and access the crime FIR form.
- Provide details about the incident and the complaint you want to register.
- You should enter substantial and true details only. Don’t include false facts.
- Choose the police station of the area in which the incident took place.
- Click on the “Submit” button to finalise your complaint.
Online Police Report for Lost Mobiles/ Articles/ Documents in Delhi
Delhi Police also allows you to file a report for lost mobile, articles, and documents in Delhi. However, these reports are only for records and not investigated by the police.
- To start reporting, you must visit the Delhi police lost & found portal at lostfound.delhipolice.gov.in.
- Choose the “Register” option available under the “Lost Article Report”.
- On the next page, you provide the following details about the complainant.
- Father’s / Mother’s Name
- Mobile Number
- Email ID.
- Also provide the place of loss in Delhi, the date of loss, and, and time of loss.
- Choose category of the article lost – Aadhar Card, iPad, Tablet, Laptop, Computer, Camera, Watches, Passport, Pan Card, Mobile, Voter ID Card, SIM Card, Driving Licence, School I-Card, College I-Card, Institution I-Card, Property Document, Misc Document, Ration Card, Bank Passbook, Stamp Paper, Sale Deed, Agreement of Sale, Registration Certificate of Vehicles, Fitness Certificate, Permit of Vehicle, Debit Card, Credit Card, Wallet, Certificates – Educational, and Others.
- Enter a description of the article you have lost and or any other details(optional).
- Provide the captcha code displaying on the screen and Click “Submit”.
A unique report number will be generated after submitting the form. Keep it safe for future reference. You will get a copy of the same at your email address as well.
View Delhi Police Registered FIR
Here is how you can see a registered FIR on Delhi Police’s record.
- Visit the DP’s portal at delhipolice.gov.in/viewfir
- Choose the FIR date or time.
- Enter the Police Station, District, and FIR Number.
- If you don’t know the FIR number then you can enter the Accused Name/ Victim Name/ Complainant.
- A copy of FIR in PDF format will appear on your screen.
Delhi Police Helpline Number
In case of any distress or problem you can call Delhi Police directly through the helpline numbers
|PCR||112 (24X7) (Toll Free)|
|Women in distress||1091|
|Missing Persons||1094, 23241210|
|For uploading Audio and Video Clips||9910641064|
|Vigilance (Anti Corruption Helpline )||1064|
|Special Cell (North-Eastern States)||1093|
|Eyes and Ears||14547|
Important Note – False reporting is an offence. Lodging incorrect facts in FIR can invite legal actions punishable under section 182 of IPC.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should have your phone number, email ID, and one ID proof handy while registering an FIR online.
The complete process hardly takes 15-20 minutes.
Yes, you will get a unique FIR number for filing the complaint online.
Yes, you can easily track your online FIR using your unique FIR number.
Yes, there is a senior citizen cell in Delhi Police. You can visit the same at delhipolice.gov.in/seniorcitizencell.