Delhi Nursery Admission is a process that is carried out every year to enrol children into nursery classes in Delhi schools. For the season 2024-25, the application process is expected to begin in December 2023. It is a highly competitive process, with a large number of parents vying for a limited number of seats.
The admission process is governed by the Directorate of Education, Delhi. The criteria for admission are set by the individual schools. The criteria usually include factors such as distance from the school and the presence of siblings in the school.
Parents are advised to start the admission process early and to research the admission criteria of the schools they are interested in. They should also ensure that they have all the necessary documents, such as birth certificates and proof of residence. With careful planning and preparation, parents can increase their chances of securing a seat for their child in a Delhi nursery school.
Delhi Nursery Admission 2024-25 Overview
|Name of the Admission Process||Delhi Nursery Admission|
|Participating Schools||All Schools in Delhi|
|Authority Managing the admission process||Directorate of Education, Delhi|
|Mode of application||Both online and offline|
|Selection Criteria||Distance from the school, Age of a candidate, etc.|
Delhi Nursery Admission Dates 2024-25
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Uploading of admission Notifications by the schools||Last week of November 2023|
|Starting of the admission process||1st week of December 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of December 2023|
|Uploading details of children who submitted the application forms before the last date||Last week of December 2023|
|Uploading of marks obtained by children on the basis of the points system||Last week of December 2023|
|Releasing of the first list of selected candidates||4th week of January 2024|
|Release of the second list of selected candidates||2nd week of February 2024|
|Publication of the subsequent list of selected applicants||1st week of March 2024|
|Closure of the admission process||3rd week of March 2024|
Delhi Nursery Admission Eligibility Criteria 2024-25
The eligibility criteria for children looking for admission to entry-level classes in Delhi schools are as follows.
- For Nursery Class – The age of a student should be more than 3 years but less than 4 years as on 31st March 2024 (the child must be born between 1-04-2020 and 31-03-2021).
- KG Class – The age of a student should be more than 4 years but less than 5 years as on 31st March 2024 (the child must be born between 1-04-2019 and 31-03-2020).
- Class 1st – The child should have completed the age of 5 years as on 31st March 2024 (the child must be born between 1-04-2018 and 31-03-2019).
Note: The age relaxation of up to 30 days can be granted at the level of Heads of schools in both maximum and minimum age limits.
It is very easy to register for Delhi Nursery Admission 2024. Parents can apply on behalf of their wards in both online and offline modes. The details are as follows.
- To apply offline, you will have to purchase the forms from the school’s admission office.
- Those who want to apply online can submit the application form through the official website of the school.
- In the application form, parents need to provide complete details about their children such as name, date of birth, etc.
- Please note that the application form for EWS category students will release online through the official website edudel.nic.in.
- Along with the application form, parents need to attach the following documents.
- Birth Certificate of the child.
- Residence proof of Delhi
- Caste Certificate
- The duly filled application form must be submitted along with the application fee before the last date.
- The application fee for Delhi Nursery Admission is Rs. 25/-
- Buying a prospectus is optional. The price of a prospectus can vary for different schools.
Delhi Nursery Admission Selection Process
- The selection process for Delhi Nursery Admission is a point-based system.
- Schools will give points to students based on various parameters. These parameters may include Distance from the school, firstborn child, Siblings studying at the school, etc.
- Let’s take a look at the selection parameters followed by top schools in Delhi.
All Government Sarvodaya Vidyalayas in Delhi
- 1st Priority – Children residing in the vicinity of 1 km of Sarvodaya Vidyalaya and children residing within 3 km of Sarvodaya Vidyalaya who have no Sarvodaya Vidyalaya with 1 km of their residence.
- 2nd Priority – Children living in the vicinity of 3 km of the Sarvodaya Vidyalaya other than those mentioned in the above category.
- 3rd Priority – Children living beyond 3 km but in such cases concerned HoS will take an undertaking from the parents regarding safe transportation of the child.
DPS RK Puram
|Distance from the school||50|
|Real brother/sister currently studying in DPS R K Puram / Vasant Vihar / East of Kailash)||25|
|Parent (Father / Mother) Alumni of School||10 (Father) 10 (Mother)|
Modern Public School – Shalimar Bagh
|Neighbourhood 0 to 8 km 8.1 to 10 km 10.1 to 12 km||70 60 50|
|Sibling studying in Modern Public School||10|
|Parent Alumni of Modern Public School||10|
|Staff Ward (for confirmed staff only)||10|
Sanskriti School – Chanakyapuri
|Distance from the school||0 to 30 points|
|Sibling currently studying at Sanskriti School||25|
|Parent, an Alumni of Sanskriti School||25|
Documents Required for Admission
The following documents are required for Nursery Admission in Delhi.
- Date of birth Proof
- Original Date of Birth Certificate Issued by MCD or any other local body.
- Anganwadi Record.
- Hospital/ Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife (ANM) register record.
- An undertaking by the parents regarding the date of birth.
- One passport-size photograph
- Any one of the following documents regarding residential proof of Delhi.
- Ration card (Issued in the name of parents having the name of the child).
- Domicile certificate of child or parents
- Voter I card of any of the parents.
- Electricity bill/ MTNL telephone bill/ Water bill in the name of any of the parents.
- Bank passbook in the name of the child or any of the parents.
- Aadhaar card of the child/ any of the parents.
- Passport in the name of the child/ any of the parents.
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
Important Points to Remember Regarding Delhi Nursery Admission
- Reservation Criteria – 25% of the total seats in all private schools in Delhi are reserved for EWS category children. Similarly, 3% of seats are reserved for children with special needs (CWSN).
- Monitoring Cell – The government of Delhi has set up a monitoring cell in all districts. This cell will answer all queries of parents related to the online application of EWS/ DG children & Children with disabilities.
- Prospectus – No school can force a parent to buy a prospectus.
- Multiple Applications – Multiple applications can result in the rejection of candidature even after getting selected in the draw.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, an aadhar card is not mandatory.
25% of total seats in all private schools.