Elizabeth Warren is an American politician currently serving as the senior United States senator from Massachusetts, since 2013. She defeated incumbent Republican Scott Brown and became the first female US senator from Massachusetts in 2012. Warren is regarded as a progressive politician with focus on consumer protection, equitable economic opportunity and social safety net while in the Senate. She is member of the Democratic Party since 1996 and has also served in the Republican party for 5 years prior to that. Warren was a candidate in the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries and finished third after Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders. Check out details of Elizabeth Warren net worth 2023, political journey, honors, etc from this article.
Elizabeth Warren Net Worth 2023
|Net worth||$8 million (est.)|
Elizabeth Warren Personal Biography
Elizabeth Ann Warren was born on June 22, 1949 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to Pauline Louise Donald Jones Herring. Her mother was a homemaker and her father was a US Army flight instructor during World War II. She has her three older brothers, two of which died of Covid and cancer. Initially aspired to be a teacher, Warren left her university course only after two years to marry James Robert Warren, whom she had met in high school.
Elizabeth and her husband James married in 1968 and the couple moved to Houston, where James was employed by IBM. Together they had two children but the couple eventually got divorced in 1978. Two years later in 1980, Warren married her present husband Bruce H. Mann, a law professor. Warren also has three grandchildren through her daughter Amelia.
|Full name||Elizabeth Ann Warren|
|Profession||Politician, law professor, author|
|Political party||Democratic (1996 – present) Republican (1991 – 1996)|
|Years active (in office)||2008 – present|
|Education||University of Houston (BS), Rutgers University (JD)|
|Place of birth||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US|
|Date of birth||June 22, 1949|
|Spouse||Bruce H. Mann (1980 – present) Jim Warren (1968 – 1978)|
|No. of children||2|
|Parents||Pauline Louise (mother) Donald Jones Herring (father)|
- In 2011 Warren created and set up The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, an agency that investigates consumer complaints, provides financial tools & resources and regulates financial institutions.
- Before becoming first female senator of Massachusetts in 2013, Warren has acted as chairperson of the Congressional Oversight Panel for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).
- Warren is also a member of the The US Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs and chair of the Economic Policy subcommittee.
- She was previously a law professor for more than 30 years and has written 11 books, four pf which are bestsellers.
Other Popular Works
- Warren has appeared in the documentary films Maxed Out (2007), Michael Moore’s Capitalism: A Love Story (2009), Heist: Who Stole the American Dream? (2011), and Makers: Women Who Make America (2013).
- Warren wrote the Time Magazine’s Time 100’s entry on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in 2019.
- Warren opened the show Saturday Night Live with her impressionist Kate McKinnon in March 2020.
- Wide array of merchandise is sold in Warren’s name, including an action figure.
- Musician Jonathan Mann has even written songs on Elizabeth Warren, including “She Persisted”.
2020 presidential election
Warren officially announced her candidacy for the 2020 presidential election in 2019 at a rally in Lawrence, Massachusetts. Following this announcement, Warren released several policy proposal and got immense popularity in election polls. She became popular for the number and depth of her policy proposals. On March 5, 2020, she ended her campaign.
Elizabeth Warren Awards & Honors
- Warren was named the Bostonian of the Year in 2009 by the Boston Globe.
- Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts presented Warren with the Lelia J. Robinson Award.
- Warren became the first professor to win the Harvard’s law school’s Sacks–Freund Teaching Award for a second time.
- It also included Warren in the 40 most influential attorneys of the decade.
- Warren was inducted into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame.
- New Statesman magazine named Elizabeth Warren as one of the “top 20 US progressives”.
- Warren was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2009, 2010, 2015, and 2017.
- The National Law Journal has named Warren one of the Fifty Most Influential Women Attorneys in America many times.
Elizabeth Warren Contact Details
$8 million (approx)
Other then her salary as a Senate, Warren’s riches come from writing and her husband’s job in Harvard.
Elizabeth Warren was included in the 2021 Forbes’ list of 50 Over 50 – Investment.