The government of Delhi is committed to providing quality education to all students of Delhi. To fulfil this vision, it has reserved 25% of the total seats in all private schools in Delhi for the students of EWS categories. Out of these 25% seats, 3% are reserved for Children with special needs.
To be eligible for EWS admission, the annual family income should be less than Rs. 1 lakh. The admission process is conducted through a computerized lottery system, ensuring transparency and fairness. The selected candidates will be required to submit the necessary documents for verification.
It is important for parents to carefully read and understand the admission guidelines before applying. The EWS Delhi Nursery Admission process provides an opportunity for underprivileged children to receive quality education and should be utilized by eligible families.
EWS Admission Delhi 2024-25 Overview
|Admission Offered||EWS Admission|
|Authority Managing the admission process||Directorate of Education (DOE), Delhi|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Classes||Pre-School/ Nursery, Pre-KG/ KG, Class 1|
|Selection Process||A computerized Draw|
EWS Delhi Admission Schedule 2024
|Uploading of admission criteria for EWS admission||Last week of November 2023|
|Start of the admission process and availability of forms||1st week of December 2023|
|Last date to submit the application forms||4th week of December 2023|
|Uploading details of children who applied to the school for admission under open seats||1st week of January 2024|
|Uploading marks (as per the points system) given to each of the children who applied for admission under open seats||2nd week of January 2024|
|The date for displaying the first list of selected children (including the waiting list ) (along with marks allotted under the points system)||3rd week of January 2024|
EWS Admission Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2024
Those parents who are looking to enrol their children in schools in Delhi under EWS Quota should check the following eligibility criteria carefully.
|For Pre-School (Nursery)||Less than 4 years as on 31st March 2024|
|For Pre-Primary (KG)||Less than 5 years as on 31st March 2024|
|For Class 1st||Less than 6 years as on 31st March 2024|
Note: The head of the school/ principal can give the age relaxation of up to 30 days in the minimum and upper age limit.
- The parents of the child should be residents of Delhi and must have relevant documents regarding the same.
- The annual income of the family should not exceed 1 lakh. Parents need to provide their income certificate to prove the same.
The step-by-step registration process for EWS Admission Delhi is explained in the following points.
- To begin the application process, parents need to visit the official website of the Directorate of Education (DoE), Delhi.
- On the official website, you will have to register as a new user and provide your email address and phone number.
- In the next step, you must provide your complete details in the main application form.
- While filling out the form, you will have to enter the list of schools as per your preferences.
- The list of schools selected by you will display automatically arranged on the basis of your choice.
- You can also delete the name of the chosen school from the priority list by clicking on the delete button.
- After submitting the application form, you will have to pay the required application fee.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
- The application fee for Delhi EWS Admission is Rs. 25/-
- Mode of payment – Candidates can pay the application fee online using a credit card/ debit card, UPI, or Internet banking.
Here is the list of documents that you will need at the time of Delhi EWS Admission 2024.
- Ration Card/ Smart Card issued in the name of parents (Mother/ Father having the name of child).
- Domicile certificate of child or of his/ her parents.
- Voter I-Card (EPIC) of any of the parents.
- Electricity Bill/ MTNL telephone bill/ Water bill/ Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
- Aadhaar Card/ UID card issued in the name of any of the parents.
- The Directorate of Education, Delhi will shortlist candidates on the basis of a computerized draw of lots.
- The directorate will also take care of preferences provided by parents at the time of releasing the computerized draw.
- Authorities will create a cell to take care of all concerns related to the Delhi EWS application form and online draw.
- You may also seek assistance for Delhi EWS/ DG & child with disabilities admission by giving a call on the numbers – 9818154069 & 8800355192. You can call on all working days (Monday to Friday) from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- The result of the draw will be published on the official website of the Directorate of Education, Delhi (DoE).
- The lottery result will be displayed in the form of a PDF file containing the following information.
- Registration number of candidates
- Name of the student
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Guardian’s Name
- The ID of the school
- Name of the allotted school
Important Points to Remember
You should note that private schools under the point system cannot give priority to students on the following basis.
- Transferable Jobs/ State Transfers/ IST
- A Parent working in a sister-concern school
- Parents education
- Both Parents are working
- First cousin of the child (Parental/ maternal)
- Oral Test
- First-time admission seekers
- Non-smoker parent
- Mother’s qualification 12th passed
- Social/ Noble cause
- Any other specific category
- Special ground if a candidate has proficiency in music and sports.
- Joint Family
- Special Cases
- Govt. Employee
- Date of Birth Certificate of Child from MCD/ Affidavit
- Professional Field/ Expertise
- Regularity in payment of school dues
- Scholar Students
- Declaration regarding picking or drop
- Special quality
- Business/ Services
- Economic condition/ BPL Family/ Background Poor Family
- Promotion/ Recognition as specified in the school website and notice board.
- Language (speak only 2 points, read only 2 points)
- ID proofs and Addresses of the documents of the parents
- Attitudes and values
- Certificate of the last school attended/ Marks of previous class
- Delhi University Staff
- Sports/ Sports Activity
- Special Permission for not completing elementary education
- SLC countersigned by EO
- Similar cultural ethos
- School parameters/ school-specific parameters
- Permanent resident of Delhi by birth
- Parents’ reasons for approaching the school in terms of the objective of the school.
- Oral Test/ Communication Skill/ Interaction
- No Admission Criteria
- Management Reference
- Management Discretion
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: It is expected to start in December 2023.
Answer: The admission is based on the computerized draw.
Answer: No, it is not possible to submit the application form offline.