Which of the following is used in pencils?
- A) Phosphorous
- B) Silicon
- C) Charcoal
- D) Graphite
Answer: D) Graphite
 Brass gets discolored in air because of the presence of which of the following gases in air?
- A) Hydrogen Sulphide
- B) Carbon dioxide
- C) Nitrogen
- D) Oxygen
Answer: A) Hydrogen Sulphide
 What is true about Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)?
- A) It was developed and operated by indigenously in India
- B) It was developed in collaboration with USA & UK
- C) It was developed in collaboration with USA
- D) It was developed in collaboration with Russia
Answer: A) It was developed and operated by indigenously in India
 Define toxicity?
- A) A chemical reaction
- B) A process used in the manufacturing of detergents
- C) A harmful effect of soaps and detergents required to measure the effectiveness
- D) A process used in the manufacturing of soaps
Answer: C) A harmful effect of soaps and detergents required to measure the effectiveness
 Which of the following is an air-borne disease?
- A) Measles
- B) Pink eye
- C) Typhoid
- D) None of the above
Answer: A) Measles
 Which among the following nontoxic gases helps in formation of enzymes which ripen fruit?
- A) Acetylene
- B) Carbon dioxide
- C) Methane
- D) Ethane
Answer: D) Ethane
 The instrument that measures arterial blood pressure is known as
- A) Hypsometer
- B) Sphygmomanometer
- C) Sphygmoscope
- D) Pyknometer
Answer: B) Sphygmomanometer
 Consider the following Statements:
Radon is the heaviest gas
Astatine is the rarest element on the earth
Graphite which is a non-metal is also an electrical conductor
Which among the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
- A) Only 2
- B) 1 and 2
- C) 2 and 3
- D) 1, 2 and 3
Answer: D) 1, 2 and 3
 Albert Einstein was awarded Nobel Prize for his path-breaking research and formulation of the
- A) Principle of Wave-Particle Duality
- B) Laws of Photo-Electric Effect
- C) Theory of Relativity
- D) Theory of Critical Opalescence
Answer: B) Laws of Photo-Electric Effect
 Which one among the following is a strong smelling agent added to LPG cylinder to help in the detection of gas leakage?
- A) Ethanol
- B) Chloroform
- C) Ethanethiol
- D) Methane
Answer: B) Ethanethiol