The airfares are getting cheaper and within the reach of a common man. The aviation industry is expected to flourish. Air hostesses are crucial for the success of any airline. They ensure that a passenger gets a pleasant environment during his/ her travel. Every year, many young girls aspire to become Air Hostesses. If you are also wondering how to become an Air Hostess in India in 2023 then this post is just for you. Here, we will let you know the exact process to become an Air Hostess in India in 2023.
Courses to become an Air Hostess in India 2023
There are multiple courses including certificate courses, diploma courses, and degree courses available to become an Air Hostess. Here are some top courses that you can opt for to live your dream of becoming an Air hostess
Air Hostess Certificate Courses 2023 (Duration – 3 months to 1 year)
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant (certification)
- Aviation Customer Service (certification)
- Aviation Management and Hospitality (certification)
- Hospitality and Air travel Management (certification)
- Airline Passenger Service (certification)
- Flight Purser (certification)
- Airlines Hospitality (certification)
- Air Hostess Training (certification)
Air Hostess Diploma Courses 2023 (Duration – 6 months to 1 year)
- Diploma in Aviation Customer Care
- PG Diploma in International Airline and Travel Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Air Hostess training
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant training
Air Hostess Degree courses 2023 (Duration – more than or equal to 2 years)
- Sc. in Air Hostess training
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
- Sc. Aviation
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Degree in International Airline and Travel Management
Eligibility Criteria to become an Air Hostess
Let’s discuss the eligibility criteria that you must meet to become an Air Hostess in India.
- Age & Marital Eligibility
- Most of the airlines recruit Air hostesses within the age of 18 years to 25 years. However, there are some airlines that do not follow such rules.
- Many airplanes prefer unmarried Air hostesses. At the same time, a few airlines do hire married candidates as well. So, these eligibility criteria depend upon the airline for which you are looking to apply.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th followed by an air hostess course.
- Apart from the course, a candidate should also have the ability to speak English fluently.
- In order to become a successful air hostess, your height should be at least 5 feet 2 inches (157 cm).
- The weight of a candidate must be proportional to her height.
- The complexion of the skin should be clean.
- Apart from this, the candidate must be physically fit and look attractive.
- As mentioned above, the aspiring air hostess should be medically fit.
- It is extremely crucial for a candidate not to have any underlying medical problem. It is so because an underlying medical condition can affect the overall efficiency of the crew and put the passengers at risk.
- Mental fitness is as important as physical fitness. Candidates must have the eyesight of 6/9.
Required skills for becoming an Air Hostess
All Air hostesses should possess the following skills to be successful in her career.
- They should be soft-spoken and must have a clear voice.
- Must have the ability to keep patience in any situation.
- Should be a team player and have the ability to take a decision at the crucial time.
- They must have good communication skills in local as well as foreign languages.
- Having a good sense of responsibility is crucial.
- They should be able to carry a positive attitude all the time and be ready to work with flexible timings.
- An Air Hostess should be full of confidence with a friendly personality.
Top Institutes for Air Hostess Training 2023
Here is the list of some of the finest Air Hostess Institutes in India in 2023:
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Delhi
- Universal aviation academy, Chennai
- Wings Air Hostess and Hospitality Training, Gujarat
- Jet Airways training academy, Mumbai
- The Bombay Flying Club’s College of Aviation, Mumbai
Air Hostess Course Fee in India
Well, the course fee depends upon the institute in which you are looking to study. We are providing you the approximate fees of some famous institutes in India.
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Delhi – Rs. 1.5 lakh per year
- Universal aviation academy, Chennai – Rs. 1 lakh per year
- Wings Air Hostess and Hospitality Training, Gujarat – Rs. 1.35 lakh per year
- Jet Airways training academy, Mumbai – Rs. 1.45 lakh per year
- The Bombay Flying Club’s College of Aviation, Mumbai – Rs. 1.5 lakh per year
Check: 10 Youngest Billionaires
Air Hostess Career Prospects and Scope
There are various posts and roles that you can work on after completing your Air Hostess course. Some of these posts are as follows.
- Flight Attendant – Flight Attendants play an important role including pre-flight, mid-flight, and post-flight formalities. These are part of the entire cabin crew
- Ground Attendant – Ground attendants help passengers with pre-flight procedures and assist them in boarding the flight
- Customer Service Agent – Working on this post, candidates are responsible for handling all kinds of queries received through chats, emails, or phone calls.
- Senior Air Hostess – The senior Air Hostess has the responsibility of managing the entire crew. She ensures the smooth operation of the flight.
Air Hostess Salary
The salary depends upon the post and the airline for which you are working. Nonetheless, we are providing you average salary for various posts at different airlines.
- Flight Attendant – Rs. 4.8 lac to Rs. 6.75 lac per year
- Ground Attendant – Rs. 5 lac to Rs. 7 lac
- Senior Air Hostess – Rs. 5.5 lac to Rs. 8.25 lac
- Customer Service Agent – Rs. 3.6 to Rs. 4.62 lac
Note: The salary in government-operated airline depends upon the grade pay. Talking about international airlines, the minimum salary is around Rs. 50000/- per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most of the airlines don’t hire married Air hostesses. They prefer only unmarried candidates with no children policy at the time of hiring.
No, a tattoo is not allowed for air hostesses.
The selection process is different for various airlines. Here is the general selection process applicable for many airlines.
Meeting all eligibility.
Apply for the job and appear for the job interview
Clear the selection process organized by the airlines. The selection process may include the following rounds.
Yes, of course, Air Hostess is a good job. You will love this job if you like traveling and meeting new people.
Here are some top Airlines that recruit candidates.