All important and special days in June 2023 are listed below and it also includes World Milk Day, World Environment Day, World Food Safety Day, World Blood Donor Day among others.
June is the sixth out of twelve months in a Gregorian calendar that come after May and before July. The month is named after the Roman goddess Juno, the goddess of marriage and the wife of Jupiter. This month marks many significant days some of which are of national importance while some are of global importance. In this article, a list of Special Days in June 2023 has been provided that might be observed worldwide or by a particular country.
List of All Special Days June 2023
Important Days in June 2023
There are a number of important events that occurs in the month of June and are celebrated globally. Most of these events are related to campaigns focused on issues like environment safety, health issues, human rights, etc. A list of Special days and dates in June 2023 is provided below, along with some basic details about them.
World Milk Day on 1 June 2023
To recognize the importance of milk as a global food and bring attention to dairy sector, it was decided by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) as June 1st will be observed as World Milk Day. The first World Milk Day was observed on June 1 2001.
Telangana Formation Day on 2 June 2023
2nd June is observed as Telangana Day or Telangana Formation Day and commemorates the formation of new state in India, Telangana. Many public and private events are organized into the state to celebrate this day.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression on 4 June 2023
June 4 is observed as International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression to acknowledge the pain suffered by children all over the world owing to physical, mental and emotional abuse.
World Environment Day on 5 June 2023
To garner attention towards major environmental issues such as global warming, overpopulation, increasing pollution, etc, it was decided that every year 5 June will be celebrated as World Environment Day. Almost every major corporations, NGOs, communities, and governments worldwide observe this day.
World Food Safety Day on 7 June 2023
The World Food Safety Day is celebrated every year on June 7. The purpose of this day is to increase awareness among people about the consequences to taking contaminated food and water and they are encouraged to maintain proper hygiene when it comes to food.
World Brain Tumor Day on 8 June 2023
It was decided by the German Brain Tumor Association that to raise awareness in people regarding brain tumor, June 8 will be observed as World Brain Tumor Day every year. The day also honors the patients of brain tumor and their family.
World Day Against Child Labour on 12 June 2023
With the aim of raising awareness against child labor, World Day Against Child Labour was launched by the United Nations in 2022. Since then, every 12 year June 12 is observed as World Day Against Child Labour.
World Blood Donor Day on 14 June 2023
To honor the blood donors for their life-saving gesture and to encourage more people towards blood donation, World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on June 14. It is also one of eleven official global public health campaigns initiated by the World Health Organization.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on 15 June 2023
To gather attention on the improper care of the eldres and the increasing cases of physical, emotional, and financial abuse, The United Nations (UN) decided to observe June 15 as World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. The first The World Elder Abuse Awareness Day was observed in the year 2012.
Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev on 16 June 2023
Guru Arjan was the fifth guru of Sikhs who was arrested, tortured and executed on the orders of Mughal Emperor Jahangir for his refusal to convert to Islam. The execution took place on 16 June 1606 and is observed as Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev in different states of Punjab.
World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought on 17 June 2023
The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is celebrated every year on 17 June to raise awareness about desertification and drought, and how to prevent and recover from them. This day has been observed by the United Nations since 1995.
Autistic Pride Day on 18 June 2023
Observed every year on June 18, Autistic Pride Day is a pride celebration for autistic people. Every year a different theme is decided to celebrate this day.
World Father’s Day on 18 June 2023
To honor the hardships that a father goes through to take care of his children, third Sunday of June is celebrated as Father’s Day. In the year 2023, it will be observed on June 18.
World Refugee Day on 20 June 2023
To raise awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world, World Refugee Day is observed globally on June 20. World Refugee Day events are hosted by many groups on these days to draw attention to the conditions of refugees all over the world.
International Yoga Day on 21 June 2023
Yoga is a spiritual practice of ancient India, the importance of which has now been accepted by the whole world. To celebrate this practice and encourage everyone to do Yoga more often, 21 June is observed internationally as International Day of Yoga.
Olympic Day Run on 23 June 2023
Olympic Day Run is celebrated every year on 23 June and it marks the day on which the International Olympic Committee (IOC) was formally established. The observance also aim to promote mass participation in sports.
International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking on 26 June 2023
To raise awareness among people against drug abuse and the illegal drug trade, International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed every year on 26 June. The first International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was observed in the year 1989.
Helen Keller Day (US) on 27 June 2023
The Helen Keller Day celebrated on 27 June commemorates the birth anniversary of Helen Keller, an American author, disability rights advocate, political activist and lecturer. She lost her sight and hearing at the age of nineteen months due to an illness but she overcame all the physical disability and went out to become a famous author.
World Asteroid Day on 30 June 2023
June 30 marks the anniversary of Tunguska event, the biggest asteroid-related event on Earth. Every year, this day is observed globally as Asteroid Day or International Asteroid Day. This day was co-founded by English theoretical physicist and cosmologist Stephen Hawking.
List of Important Days & Dates in June 2023
Below presented is a list of special days in June 2023, excluding the dates that have already been discussed above. Most of these days are observed by specific countries.
- 1 June 2023– Global Day of Parents, Independence Day (Samoa), Children’s Day, Mothers’ and Children’s Day (Mongolia), Fei Fei Day (Vancouver), National Tree Planting Day (Cambodia), National Maritime Day (Mexico), Pancasila Day (Indonesia), Victory Day (Tunisia), The Day of Protection of Children Rights (Armenia), President’s Day (Palau), Madaraka Day (Kenya)
- 2 June 2023– International Sex Workers Day, Day of Hristo Botev (Bulgaria), Children’s Day (North Korea), National Rocky Road Day (US), Decoration Day (Canada), Civil Aviation Day (Azerbaijan), Social Forestry Day (Bhutan), Coronation of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck (Bhutan), National Rotisserie Chicken Day (US), Festa della Repubblica (Italy)
- 3 June 2023- Martyr’s Day (Uganda), World Clubfoot Day, Confederate Memorial Day (US), National Chocolate Macaroon Day (US), Mabo Day (Australia), Economist day (Buenos Aires, Argentina), Opium Suppression Movement Day (Taiwan), National Egg Day (US)
- 4 June 2023- National Unity Day (Hungary), Flag Day (Estonia), Armed Forces Day/Birthday of Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim (Finland), Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989 Memorial Day, National Cognac Day (US), Emancipation Day/Independence Day (Tonga), National Cheese Day (US)
- 5 June 2023- Father’s Day (Denmark), National Gingerbread Day (US), Teachers’ Day (Romania), Arbor Day (New Zealand), Liberation Day (Seychelles), Constitution Day (Denmark, Faroe Island), President’s Day (Equatorial Guinea), Day of Reclamation (Azerbaijan), National Moonshine Day (US), Indian Arrival Day (Suriname)
- 6 June 2023- Teachers’ Day (Bolivia), National Day (Sweden), Anniversary of the Normandy Landings, Korean Children’s Union Foundation Day (North Korea), Argentina’s Engineering Day, Memorial Day (South Korea), Queensland Day (Queensland), Engineer’s Day (Taiwan), UN Russian Language Day, National Applesauce Day (US)
- 7 June 2023– Birthday of Prince Joachim (Denmark), Journalist Day (Argentina), Anniversary of the Memorandum of the Slovak Nation (Slovakia), Flag Day (Peru), Sette Giugno (Malta), Battle of Arica Day (Chile), Commemoration Day of St John the Forerunner (Armenian Apostolic Church), Chocolate Ice Cream Day (US), Union Dissolution Day (Norway), Ludi Piscatorii (Roman Empire)
- 8 June 2023- Engineer’s Day (Peru), Bounty Day (Norfolk Island), Primoz Trubar Day (Slovenia), Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, World Brain Tumour Day, World Oceans Day
- 9 June 2023- La Rioja Day (La Rioja), National Heroes’ Day (Uganda), Autonomy Day (Åland Islands), Anniversary of the Accession of King Abdullah II (Jordan), Murcia Day (Murcia)
- 10 June 2023- Navy Day (Italy), Reconciliation Day (Republic of the Congo), Army Day (Jordan), Abolition Day (French Guiana), Portugal Day (Portugal), National Iced Tea Day (US)
- 11 June 2023- Student Day (Honduras), American Evacuation Day (Libya), Davis Day (Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada), Kamehameha Day (US), Birthday of Prince Henrik (Denmark), National Corn on the Cob Day (US), Brazilian Navy Commemorative Day, National German Chocolate Cake Day Day (US)
- 12 June 2023– Russia Day (Russia), Independence Day (Philippines), Loving Day (US), Dia dos Namorados (Brazil), Helsinki Day (Finland), Chaco Armistice Day (Paraguay), June 12 Commemoration (Lagos State), National Peanut Butter Cookie Day (US)
- 13 June 2023- Inventors’ Day (Hungary), Suleimaniah City Fallen and Martyrs Day (Iraqi Kurdistan)
- 14 June 2023- Flag Day (US), Mourning and Hope Day (Lithuania), Liberation Day (Falkland Islands and South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands), Sant Kabir Jayanti, Mourning and Commemoration Day or Leinapäev (Estonia), Freedom Day (Malawi), Day of Memory for Repressed People (Armenia)
- 15 June 2023- Statehood Day (Arkansas), Engineer’s Day (Italy), National Salvation Day (Azerbaijan), Cagayan de Oro Charter Day (Cagayan de Oro City), National Lobster Day (US), Day of Valdemar and Reunion day (Flag Day) (Denmark), Arbor Day (Costa Rica), Mangaia Gospel Day (Mangaia, Cook Islands), World Wind Day
- 16 June 2023- Engineer’s Day (Argentina), Sussex Day (Sussex), National Fudge Day (US), Youth Day (South Africa), Bloomsday (Dublin, Ireland), International Day of the African Child
- 17 June 2023- Icelandic National Day, Bunker Hill Day (US), Occupation of the Latvian Republic Day (Latvia), Father’s Day (El Salvador, Guatemala)
- 18 June 2023- Waterloo Day (United Kingdom), International Sushi Day, Human Rights Day (Azerbaijan), National Day (Seychelles), Foundation Day (Benguet), Queen Mother’s Birthday (Cambodia), Autistic Pride Day, International Picnic Day, World Father’s Day (Third Sunday of June)
- 19 June 2023- Labour Day (Trinidad and Tobago), Feast of Forest (Palawan), Day of the Independent Hungary (Hungary), Laguna Day (Laguna), Juneteenth (US), Surigao del Norte Day (Surigao del Norte), Surigao del Sur Day (Surigao del Sur), Never Again Day (Uruguay), World Sickle Cell Awareness Day, World Sauntering Day
- 20 June 2023- Day of the National Flag (Argentina), West Virginia Day (West Virginia), Festival in honor of Summanus (Roman Empire), Martyrs’ Day (Eritrea), Gas Sector Day (Azerbaijan), National Vanilla Milkshake Day (US), National Kouign Amann Day (US), National Ice Cream Soda Day (US)
- 21 June 2023– Father’s Day (Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Uganda, United Arab Emirates), National Indigenous Peoples Day (Canada), National Day (Greenland), Day of the Martyrs (Togo), World Humanist Day, National Peaches ‘N’ Cream Day (US), World Music Day, World Hydrography Day
- 22 June 2023- Father’s Day (Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey), Teachers’ Day (El Salvador), Anti-Fascist Struggle Day (Croatia), Day of Remembrance of the Victims of the Great Patriotic War (Belarus)
- 23 June 2023- United Nations Public Service Day, International Widow’s Day, Father’s Day (Nicaragua, Poland), Jaaniohtu (Estonia), St John’s Eve (Europe), Bonfires of Saint John (Spain), Grand Duke’s Official Birthday (Luxembourg), Last day of Dragaica fair (Romania), Okinawa Memorial Day (Japan), Jani (Latvia), Festa de Sao Joao do Porto (Portugal), National Day of Remembrance for Victims of Terrorism (Canada), Victory Day (Estonia), First day of Golowan Festival (Cornwall)
- 24 June 2023- Sanziene (Western Carpathian Mountains of Romania), Army Day or Battle of Carabobo Day (Venezuela), Enyovden (Bulgaria), Jaanipaev (Estonia), Bannockburn Day (Scotland), Midsummer Day (England), Saint Jonas’ Festival or Jonines (Lithuania), Day of the Caboclo (Brazil), Jonsmessa (Iceland), St John’s Day, Youth Day (Ukraine), Jani (Latvia), Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day (Canada)
- 25 June 2023- Independence Day (Mozambique), Teacher’s Day (Guatemala), Statehood Day (Croatia, Slovenia, (Virginia), World Vitiligo Day, Arbor Day (Philippines), National Catfish Day (US)
- 26 June 2023- International Day in Support of Victims of Torture, World Refrigeration Day, Army and Navy Day (Azerbaijan), Independence Day (Madagascar, Somalia), Flag Day (Romania), Ratcatcher’s Day (Germany), Sunthorn Phu Day (Thailand), National Chocolate Pudding Day (US)
- 27 June 2023- Unity Day (Tajikistan), Mixed Race Day (Brazil), Day of Turkmen Workers of Culture and Art (Turkmenistan), Independence Day (Djibouti), PTSD Awareness Day (US), National HIV Testing Day (US), Seven Sleepers Day (Germany), Canadian Multiculturalism Day (Canada)
- 28 June 2023- Family Day (Vietnam), Soviet Occupation Day (Moldova), Stonewall Riots Anniversary (US), Vidovdan (Eastern Orthodox Church), National Ceviche Day (US), Poznan Remembrance Day (Poland), National Tapicoa Day (US), Carolina Day (US), Tau Day, Constitution Day (Ukraine)
- 29 June 2023- Engineer’s Day (Ecuador), Independence Day (Seychelles), Feast of Saints Peter and Paul, Veterans’ Day (Netherlands), Haro Wine Festival (Spain)
- 30 June 2023- Asteroid Day, Navy Day (Israel), Independence Day (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Philippine–Spanish Friendship Day (Philippines), Armed Forces Day (Guatemala), Revolution Day (Sudan), General Prayer Day (Central African Republic)
Every year, father’s day is observed on third Sunday of June.
World Day Against Child Labour
On 1st June 2023