21) The famous hill-station ‘Kodaikanal’ lies in :
(A) Nilgiri hills
(B) Palani hills
(C) Cardamom hills
(D) Javadi hills
Answer: B (Palani hills)
22) Which of the following mountain ranges form a dividing line between the Ganges Plain and the Deccan Plateau?
Answer: B (Vindhya)
23) Which of the following Mountain passes forms the ‘tri-junction’ of India,China and Myanmar?
(A) Nathu La
(B) Jelep La
(C) Bomdi La
Answer: D (Diphu)
24) The land frontier of India is about 15200 KM. Which of the following countries shares the largest border length with India?
Answer: A (Bangladesh)
25) Tropic of Cancer passes through which of the following group of Indian States:
(A) Gujarat, MP, Chattisgarh, Manipur
(B) Rajasthan, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Mizoram
(C) UP, MP, Bihar, Jharkhand
(D) Maharashtra, Chattisgarh, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B (Rajasthan, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Mizoram)
26) Which of the following is the highest peak of Satpura Range?
Answer: B (Dhupgarh)
27) Which among the following was the first Indian product to have got Protected Geographic Indicator?
(A) Indian Rubber
(B) Basmati Rice
(C) Malabar Coffee
(D) Darjeeling tea
Answer: D (Darjeeling tea)
28) From which of the following countries India does NOT import Uranium?
Answer: C (Brazil)
29) Which of the following states is/are not a part of Western Ghats?
(B) Tamil Nadu
(C) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Both b and c
Answer: C (Andhra Pradesh)
30) Tungbhadra multipurpose project is a joint venture of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.Tungabhadra is a tributary river of ___?
Answer: A (Krishna)