In order to transform the future, as outlined in the UNESCO global Futures of Education report, we must urgently re-balance our relationships with one another, with nature, and with the technology that permeates our lives and offers exciting new possibilities while also raising serious questions about equity, inclusion, and democratic participation.
This is where the International Day of Education comes into the picture. This year, we are all set to celebrate the 6th International Day of Education 2024.
International Day of Education 2024 Overview
|Event||International Day of Education|
|Theme||Yet to be announced|
|Version||This year, we are celebrating 6th International Day of Education.|
International Day of Education 2024 Date
During this year’s International Day of Education, the most essential reforms that must be nourished in order to achieve everyone’s basic right to education and build more sustainable, inclusive, and peaceful futures will be highlighted.
A discussion on how to improve education as a public good and common good, how to lead the digital transformation, support teachers, preserve the earth and unlock the potential in every individual to contribute to well-being.
|International Day of Education 2024||Wednesday||24th January|
|International Day of Education 2025||Friday||24th January|
International Day of Education 2024 Theme
We’ll update you the theme of International day of education 2024 after its official announcement. Meanwhile, you may have a look at its previous years’ theme:
2023 Theme: “to invest in people, prioritize education”
2022 theme: “Changing Course, Transforming Education”
2021 theme: “Recover and Revitalize Education for the COVID-19 Generation”
Why do we celebrate this day?
As outlined in its approved charter, the international community is committed to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. It’s important to remember that education is critical to achieving all 17 of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
So this day serves as a kind of canopy under which the United Nations may pursue a variety of goals, and the message it conveys has far-reaching implications and authority.
There is a slew of problems and shortfalls that the United Nations needs to deal with, and one of them is poverty, which is a fascinating and even more startling fact in many nations, especially third-world countries. If you want to assist someone, don’t give them your fish; teach them how to catch a fish and it will make a big impact.
Covid-19 and International Day of Education
There is a respiratory illness known as Covid-19 or CoronaVirus, which originated in China and had spread worldwide. The rapid spread of this deadly illness shocked the whole globe. It was discovered that the virus was transmitted through inhalation and direct contact with infected individuals or objects. Millions of individuals were affected, and the general population was soon cooped up in their homes.
Governments were driven to shut down all educational institutions and even lock down whole sectors in order to halt the worrisome spread of the virus, which was a large gathering at educational establishments. Because of the rigorous lockdown and dread and worry, education served as a source of encouragement as a source of inspiration, direction, and support.
Online education not only kept students occupied and away from sadness, but it also helped them accomplish goals that they otherwise would not have been able to. We learned through the Pandemic Covid-19 that education isn’t only about schools and textbooks anymore. Because education cannot be suspended in difficult times, students were able to continue their online studies without fear of contracting the virus thanks to gadgets like smartphones and PCs.
About National Voter’s Day
Steps taken to celebrate International Day of Education 2024
- The right to an education should be guaranteed to everyone. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that everyone has the right to an education. The proclamation advocates for free and obligatory primary education to be made available to all students. Higher education must be made available to all students, according to a 1989 convention on the rights of the child.
- In order to break the cycle of poverty that is leaving millions of children, youth, and adults behind, governments must ensure that everyone has access to high-quality, egalitarian education.
- Many children and youth still do not attend school; 617 million children and adolescents remain illiterate; just 40% of females in sub-Saharan Africa finish lower secondary school, and four million children and young refugees are not attending school. They are being deprived of their right to an education, which is wrong.
- Education is a stepping stone to a better life for those who are less fortunate. According to the Globe Bank’s latest report, 258 million children and adolescents throughout the world are unable to enter or finish school, 617 million children and adolescents cannot read and perform basic arithmetic, and fewer than 40% of females in sub-Saharan Africa complete lower secondary school. They are being deprived of their right to an education, which is wrong.
- Since 2019, nations throughout the globe, including the United States, the United Kingdom, India, Pakistan, China, the United Arab Emirates, Australia, Turkey, and Germany, have celebrated International Education Day on the same day, January 24, every year.
International Day of Education 2024 Wishes
Have a wonderful education day, everyone. May your education teach you the route to a happy life.
Best wishes for a successful educational day. Let your existence be illuminated by education.
Let’s all swear to teach at minimum one kid during our existence. To each of you, a wonderful education day.
The most inconceivable activities become feasible thanks to education. Now, I congratulate everyone who contributes or gets it.
I greet you everyone a happy International Education Day. I hope you understand how critical it is for us and future generations.
Thanks for providing your wisdom on a daily basis, both consciously and unconsciously. On this educational day, best of luck.
International Day of Education 2024 Quotes
“The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” (Dr. Seuss)
“Education is one thing no one can take away from you.” (Elin Nordegren)
“Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” (Albert Einstein)
“What makes a child gifted and talented may not always be good grades in school, but a different way of looking at the world and learning.” (Chuck Grassley)
“The ability to read, write, and analyse; the confidence to stand up and demand justice and equality; the qualifications and connections to get your foot in the door and take your seat at the table all of that starts with education.” (Michelle Obama)
It is not yet decided.
As a way to recognize the importance of education in fostering global harmony and progress, the United Nations General Assembly voted on December 3 to declare January 24 as the International Day of Education.
During the Pandemic Covid-19, education was a source of both hope and employment. While Covid-19 had a negative impact on the institutions, it was unable to expel the minds. However, online schooling also addressed the needs of the children.