Michael B Jordan is known for many hit movies and shows including Creed, The Sopranos, Cosby, and Black Panther. For his powerful performance, Jordan has been awarded multiple honors and nominated for many more. Even after being bullied in school for his aspiration to become an actor, Jordan never gave up and successfully established himself as one of the finest actors. In this article, we have discussed interesting details about the actor such as Michael B Jordan’s net worth in 2023, his personal and professional life, best movies, etc.
Michael B Jordan Net Worth 2023
|Name||Michael B Jordan|
|Profession||Actor, producer, director|
|Net worth (2023)||$25 million (est.)|
Michael B Jordan’s Personal Biography
Michael B Jordan was born on 9 February 1987, in Santa Ana, California, to Donna and Michael A Jordan. His mother worked at the Newark Arts High School where Jordan also did his schooling. Michael was a basketball player during his school years but always aspired to become an actor and a model. He has a sister Jamila and a younger brother Khalid who is a football player. Jordan is a fan of anime, especially Naruto: Shippuden and the Dragon Ball.
In 2020, Jordan started dating model Lori Harvey but the couple ended their relationship after over a year in 2022. Lori is the daughter of famous comedian Steve Harvey. Since 2023, he is reportedly dating a UK-based model Amber Jepson. The actor has also been linked with other renowned celebrities including Catherine Paiz, Kendall Jenner, Kiki Layne, Cindy Bruna, and Snoh Aalegra.
|Full name||Michael Bakari Jordan|
|Profession||Actor, producer, director|
|Years active||1998 – present|
|Age||Born on February 9, 1987|
|Place of birth||Santa Ana, California, US|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Parents||Donna Jordan (mother) Michael A. Jordan (father)|
Michael B Jordan’s Acting Career
Michael Jordan started his career as a child model for Modell’s Sporting Goods and Toys “R” Us. He got his first professional acting role in episodes of the renowned series “Cosby” and “The Sopranos” in 1999. In 2001, Jordan landed his debut role in the movie “Hardball” at the age of 14 years. However, he received some spotlight when he appeared in a significant role in the series The Wire. Over the years, Jordan starred in multiple popular shows including All My Children, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Without a Trace, Cold Case, etc.
Later Years & Breakthrough
In 2009, Jordan further came to the limelight through the drama “Friday Night Lights” and landed another major role on the show “Parenthood” in 2010. The same year he also guest-starred in an episode of “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”. In 2012, Jordan appeared in the film Red Tails and landed his first lead in the movie “Chronicle”. For his performance in the 2013 movie “Fruitvale Station”, Michael gained critical acclaim and established himself as a sincere actor in the industry. Time magazine named him one of 30 people under 30 changing the world, and Entertainment Weekly and GQ named him one of the breakout stars of 2013.
Michael landed his breakthrough role as Donnie Creed in the movie Creed which was the 7th Rocky film released in 2015. again in 2018, he gave a brainstorming performance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) film “Black Panther”. All three of these movies, Fruitvale Station, Creed, and Black Panther, were directed by Ryan Coogler, and all of them performed immensely well at the box office. Jordan reprised his roles in the sequels to the movie Creed, “Creed II” and “Creed III’ and also in the sequel to Black Panther movie, “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”.
Jordan made his directorial debut with the movie Creed III for which he was also the lead actor and producer. He has also produced movies such as “Just Mercy”, “Without Remorse”, and “A Journal for Jordan”.
In 2022, Jordan became a part-owner of the English football club AFC Bournemouth and after the club was taken over by the Black Knights Football Club, Jordan led the minority ownership group with Kosmos Founder Nullah Sarker.
Check other Richest Actors in the World
Best movies & shows of Michael B Jordan
A list of some of the best movies and television shows of Michael B Jordan is given below.
- Creed (2015)
- Fruitvale Station (2013)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Just Mercy (2019)
- Creed III (2022)
- Creed II (2018)
- Chronicle (2012)
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
- Without Remorse (2021)
- A Journal For Jordan (2021)
- The Sopranos
- The Wire
- Friday Night Lights
- Cold Case
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Lie to Me
- All My Children
- The Assistants
Major Awards won by Jordan
Check below the complete list of awards won by Michael B Jordan:
- 2013 Hollywood Film Awards Hollywood Spotlight Award for Fruitvale Station
- 2013 Gotham Awards Breakthrough Actor for Fruitvale Station
- 2013 National Board of Review of Motion Pictures Breakthrough Actor for Fruitvale Station
- 2013 Satellite Awards Breakthrough Award Performance for Fruitvale Station
- 2013 Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuoso Award for Fruitvale Station
- 2015 African-American Film Critics Association Breakout Performance for Creed
- 2015 Boston Online Film Critics Association Best Actor for Creed
- 2015 NAACP Image Awards Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture for Creed
- 2015 Black Reel Awards Best Actor for Creed
- 2015 National Society of Film Critics Best Actor for Creed
- 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards Best Villain for Black Panther
- 2018 San Francisco Film Critics Circle Best Supporting Actor for Black Panther
- 2018 Seattle Film Critics Society Villain of the Year for Black Panther
- 2018 Teen Choice Awards Choice Villain for Black Panther
- 2019 Online Film Critics Society Best Supporting Actor for Black Panther
- 2019 Screen Actors Guild Awards Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for Black Panther
- 2019 NAACP Image Awards Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for Black Panther
- 2019 NAACP Image Awards Outstanding Actor in a Television Movie, Limited-Series or Dramatic Special for Fahrenheit 451
- 2019 Producers Guild of America Awards Producers Guild of America Award for Best Streamed or Televised Movie for Fahrenheit 451
- 2020 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture for Just Mercy
Other Honors in Jordan’s Name
- Jordan appeared on the list of “Top 10 Actors To Watch” on Variety magazine in 2013.
- He was considered one of “The 25 Best Actors in Their 20s” by Complex magazine in 2013.
- In 2020, he was chosen as the Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine.
- Jordan was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2020 and 2023.
- He was ranked 15th on the New York Times’ list of the 25 greatest actors of the 21st century.
- Michael was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine’s Young Hollywood Issue.
- He was featured on the Entertainment Weekly list of “New Hollywood: Entertainers of the Rise” in 2013.
- He was ranked #21 on GQ’s 25 Most Stylish Men in 2013.
- Jordan appeared on the 2013 Power 100 list for Ebony Magazine.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California in 2023.
Michael B Jordan on Social Media
Frequently Asked Questions
$25 million (approx.)
No, they both are completely unrelated