GK questions related to Modern Indian History | Modern Indian History GK Quiz 2020
The candidates aspiring to appear for different competitive exams must know that History section forms an integral part of their preparation. Exams like UPSC Civil Services, SSC CGL, IBPS PO, etc ask many questions from the Modern Indian History section and therefore the candidates should prepare strongly for this topic. In this article, the aspirants can find some of the best GK questions related to Modern Indian History arranged in the form of quiz.
The candidates are suggested to practice the Modern Indian History GK questions PDF so as to gain complete mastery over this section. Questions will keep adding from time to time to help you remain up-to-date with the latest trend in Modern Indian History. You can drop any query or suggestion, if any, into the comment box below.
GK questions related to Modern Indian History
(1) Which of the following organization was not established by BR Ambedkar?
[A] Depressed Classes Institute
[B] Samaj Samata Sangh
[C] Zero Club
[D] People’s Education Society
Answer: [C] Zero Club
(2) Which among the following books was authored by Mahatma Gandhi?
[A] Discovery of India
[B] Hind Swaraj
[C] My Truth
[D] Hindu View of Life
Answer: [B] Hind Swaraj
(3) The Swaraj Party was divided into factions after the death of CR Das and its ‘Responsivists’ faction worked for/by:
[A] Maintaining a separate identity of the Party within the Congress
[B] Creating obstacles in legislative process by acting as dissenters
[C] Cooperating with the No-Changers of the Congress in the favour of constructive programme of Gandhi
[D] Safeguarding the Hindu interests by cooperating with the British Government
Answer: [D] Safeguarding the Hindu interests by cooperating with the British Government
(4) ‘Do or Die’ is the famous slogan of which Congress leader?
[A] Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
[B] Mahatma Gandhi
[C] Lal Bahadur Shastri
[D] Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
Answer: [B] Mahatma Gandhi
(5) The pioneer of Communism in India was:
[A] MN Roy
[B] MR Jayakar
[C] SA Dange
[D] Nalin Gupta
Answer: [A] MN Roy
(6) Arrange the following events in the order of their chronology:
1) August Offer
2) Poona Pact
3) Third Round Table Conference
Choose the correct option:
Answer: [C] 2-3-1
(7) In 1953, under whose chairmanship was the first OBC Commission formed?
[A] KK Shetty
[B] Joachim Alva
[C] Hardekar Manjappa
[D] Kaka Kalelkar
Answer: [D] Kaka Kalelkar
(8) Under whose President-ship, Congress split into two groups?
[A] Rash Behari Gosh
[B] Bishan Narayan Dhar
[C] Madan Mohan Malaviya
[D] Syed Mohammed
Answer: [A] Rash Behari Gosh
(9) The resolution of Quit India Movement was passed in which of the following city?
Answer: [D] Bombay
(10) Simon Commission was sent to India in 1928, at that time who was the Prime Minister of Britain?
[A] John Allsebrook Simon
[B] Stanley Baldwin
[C] Clement Richard Attlee
[D] Winston Churchill
Answer: [B] Stanley Baldwin