In India, the 21st of April is observed as National Civil Service Day. The term “civil services” relates to India’s long-term executive authority. The nation’s administration mechanism would not function without the civil service system. Here’s additional information concerning India’s Civil Service Day, including its background, importance, as well as other characteristics.
National Civil Service Day 2022
|Event||National Civil Services Day 2022|
|Date||April 21, 2022|
National Civil Services Day 2022: History
On April 21, 1947, the inaugural National Civil Service Day was marked. Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, the Home Parliament member, officially launched the day. At one point in his remarks, he described the government employees as India’s steel structure. He delivered the address at Chatsworth House at Delhi’s All India Administrative Services Training Academy. Throughout the past, civil services were known as the Indian Civil Services during British colonialism before being renamed to the All India Services and taken over entirely by India.
Check: top 10 IAS officers of India
National Civil Services Day 2022: Significance
As a result, our nation’s civil service is made up of a number of different branches, including IPS, IAS, and IFS, in addition to a long list of other services provided by the All India Services and Central Services Group A & B.
The day has been set aside to recognize all members of the civil service and to remember those of us who have gone above and beyond their call of duty. On this day, individuals also establish arrangements for the foreseeable future. On this day, Civil Service employees are encouraged to perform harder for the good of the society because of the commemoration.
This day is earmarked to praise and motivate government employees. Additionally, on this day, the administration pays tribute to the veterans by acknowledging their achievements and awarding them with medals. On this day, India’s Prime Minister commends the country’s civil servants, who have contributed much in the area of public service.
National Civil Services Day 2022: Awards
On this day, Implementing Entities receive the Prime Minister’s Excellence award in Public Management, which acknowledge outstanding performance in administering essential initiatives and introducing innovative ideas in several areas.
The Award event invites government workers together to network and understand about best practices in the area of public grievances being adopted around the country. All public officials look forward to this yearly event, which celebrates the results of the year’s efforts.
There are three categories for the PM Excellence Awards in Public Administration of Public:
- It is made up of 8 north – eastern states as well as three mountain regions: Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Jammu & Kashmir.
- It consists of seven Union Territories.
- It is made up of the remaining eighteen Indian states.
Every official, singly or in combination, or as an organization, are qualified for this award programme, which was started in 2006.
The prize consists of a medallion, a parchment, and Rs 1 lakh. The total cash prize for a group is Rs.5 lakh, with a per-person cap of Rs.1 lakh. A company may only receive up to Rs.5 lakh in cash. Administration Policy changes and Civil Grievances and Pensions Division and the Ministry of Personnel together arrange the award ceremony.
Check: top 10 IPS officers of India
National Civil Services Day 2022: Quotes
- “Above all, I would advise you to maintain to the utmost the impartiality and incorruptibility of administration. A civil servant cannot afford to and must not, take part in politics. Nor must he involve himself in communal wrangles.” (Sardar Patel)
- “The Prime Minister and the chief ministers are one team. The Cabinet Ministers and the State Ministers are another team. The civil servants at the centre and the states are yet another team. This is the only way we can successfully develop India.” (Narendra Modi)
- “Along with discipline, you must cultivate an esprit de corps without which a Service as such has little meaning. You should regard it as a proud privilege to belong to the Service, covenants of which you will sign, and to uphold throughout your service, its dignity, integrity and incorruptibility.” (Sardar Patel)
- “Civil servants are fully aware of the challenges the British economy faces. They are, after all, working tirelessly and professionally to support the coalition government through the current challenges, every day, and in every part of Britain.” (Gus O’Donnell)
- “There are too many countries where the values we take for granted in our civil servants simply do not exist. Seeing these values in action, applied with dedication by hardworking individuals, makes me proud to lead a service that is making life better for millions across Britain.” (James Conell).
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: When is National Civil Service Day 2022?
Answer: National Civil Service day is observed on April 21 every year.
Question 2: When was the first National Civil Service Day observed?
Answer: on April 21, 1947
Question 3: Who is India’s first civil service officer?
Answer: Satyendranath Tagore