The Rashtriya Military School Ajmer is one of the five Rashtriya Military Schools, (RMS) that prepares the students for the Armed Forces. The school is affiliated to CBSE and offers classes from VI to XII. Parents who wish to enroll their wards into the school can obtain and submit the application form through offline mode. Selection of the students for admission will be done on the basis of an entrance test followed by an interview. Generally, the school offers admission into class VI. Admission to class IX depends on the number of vacancy available, if any. Complete details related to Rashtriya Military School Ajmer Admission 2021-2022 is provided in this article.
RMS Ajmer Basic Information
|Date of establishment||15 Nov 1930|
|Campus area||87 acres|
|Type of school||Government, all boys’ school|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Classes offered||Classes VI to XII|
|Address||Behind Roadways Bus stand, Paltan Bazar, Ajmer – 305 001, Rajasthan, India|
|Contact number||0145 2624105|
- Admission into class IX is strictly subject to the availability of vacancy as notified by the school in time.
- The school also considers admission in class XI depending on the vacancy but the chances are extremely rare.
- Any incorrect information in the application form will lead to its rejection and cancellation of candidature.
- Six months relaxation in upper age limit is permissible for the wards of war widows of Officers, JCOs/ ORs killed in action.
- Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be done during admission.
- The candidates can ask for inter-school transfer during their course of study as per the rules of the respective schools.
Rashtriya Military School Ajmer Admission 2021 Important Dates
Check out the important dates related to Rashtriya Military School Ajmer Admission 2021 in the table below:
|Last date for submission of application (for class 6 and 9)||October 2020, 3rd week|
|Date of written exam (for class 6 and 9)||December 2020, 4th week|
Rashtriya Military School Ajmer 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria for admission to Rashtriya Military School Ajmer.
- Only boy candidates are eligible for admissions.
- For class 6: For admission to Class VI, the age of the candidate should be between 10 and 12 years as on 31st March 2021.
- For class 9: A candidate with age between 13 and 15 years as on 31st March 2021is eligible for admission.
- For class 6: The candidate should have passed Class V from a recognized board for admission in Class VI.
- For class 9: For admission to class IX, the applicant should have passed Class VIII from a recognized board.
- A candidate must be medically fit to get admission into the Rashtriya Military School Ajmer.
Rashtriya Military School Ajmer Application Process 2021
The application form for RMS Ajmer admission 2021 along with the prospectus can be obtained from any Rashtriya Military Schools. To obtain the form, the candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC/ ST candidates) through cash or Demand Draft. Other than this, the form and prospectus can also be obtained through post by forwarding a self-addressed slip and application fee of Rs. 650/- (Rs. 350/- for SC/ ST candidates) through Demand Draft. In case of fee submission through demand draft, the draft should be drawn in favor of The Principal, Rashtriya Military School Ajmer.
Basic personal and academic details of the candidates will be asked in the application form. Photograph of the candidates should be affixed at the desired places into the form. The form should also be duly signed by the candidates and the parents. Choice of center for appearing in the exam can be provided into the application. Duly filled application form can be submitted at the Rashtriya Military School Ajmer.
- The candidates who submit the application form in time will be able to download their admit card from the school’s website and appear for the exam.
- A hard copy of the admit card should be taken to be carried to the exam center on exam day.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam in absence of a valid admit card.
- Admit card might also be required at the time of admission to the school and therefore should be kept safe by the candidates.
A basic overview of the entrance exam pattern is provided here.
- Mode of exam: Offline (OMR sheet)
- Question paper language: English & Hindi
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 200
For class VI
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50|
For class IX
The syllabus of the entrance test will comprise of the following topics.
- For class 6: Questions will be asked from the topics of Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English of class 5 level.
- For class 9: Questions will be asked from the topics of English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science of class 8 level.
RMS Ajmer Interview & Result
- A merit list of the candidates who clear the written test will be prepared for the interview.
- Candidates are required to appear for the interview round according to their names in this list.
- Schedule and venue of the interview process will be communicated to the students through the official website.
- The final merit list and result will be announced after the process of interview is over.
- Marks of the interview will be added to the score of the written test before deciding the final merit.
- Candidates can check and download their result by visiting the official website of the school.
Medical Fitness Test
- Selected candidates are required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test at the Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services.
- A choice to appear for any of the Military Hospitals for medical test can be provided at the time of filling the application.
- Only the candidates who are declared qualified in the medical test will be considered for final admissions.
Hospitals for conduct of Medical Test
The medical test of the shortlisted candidates will be done at the following hospitals:
|Eastern Command, Kolkata||11|
|Southern Command, Pune||12|
|Central Command, Lucknow||13|
|Western Command, Chandimandir||14|
|Air Force, Bangalore||15|
|Northern Command, C/o 56 APO||16|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Southern Command|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Western Command|
|Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt||34|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Eastern Command|
|151 Base Hospital||42|
|155 Base Hospital||43|
|158 Base Hospital||44|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Northern Command|
|92 Base Hospital, C/O 56 APO||53|
|150 Gen Hospital, C/O 56 APO||54|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Central Command|
|Base Hospital, Lucknow||70|
|INHS Sanjivini, Cochin||81|
|INHS Ashvini, Mumbai||82|
Rashtriya Military School Ajmer Fee Structure
The expected fee structure for the Rashtriya Military School Ajmer is provided below and may vary as per the school’s discretion.
|Category||Tuition fee (per year)||Caution money (one time)|
|OR & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 4800/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|JCO & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 7200/-||Rs. 1800/-|
|Service Officers all three Forces (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 15000/-||Rs. 3800/-|
|Civilians||Rs. 24000/-||Rs. 6000/-|
|SC/ ST (25% of fee paid by the respective Category)||ORs- Rs. 1200/-
JCOs- Rs. 1800/-
Civilian- Rs. 6000/-
*A minimum amount of Rs. 10,000/- should be deposited by all categories in the Pocket Money Account of the ward to cater to the traveling expenses and monthly pocket money. It is mandatory to maintain a minimum balance of Rs. 4,000/- at any one time under this head.
RMS Ajmer Scholarship Programs
Scholarships will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of a common scholarship test conducted by the Army Headquarters. The scholarship will be awarded as per the following rules:
- Full remission of the school fees for those cadets whose parents’ income is less than Rs. 100,000/- in a financial year.
- Fees at half rates are charged from cadet whose parents’ income exceeds Rs. 100,000/- but is not more than Rs. 150,000/- in the financial year.
Facilities Available at the School
The Rashtriya Military School Ajmer offers its students world-class facilities, some of which are mentioned below.
- Digital classrooms
- Science laboratory
- Internet enabled computer laboratory
- Well stocked library
- Clubs and Activities- Photography, Dramatics, Wood Work, Debating, Elocution, Declamation, etc
- Music classes
- Art and craft center
- Motivational hall
- Info complex
- Sports facility
- Hostel and mess
- Well-balanced and nourishing diet, etc
Rashtriya Military School Ajmer Contact Details
Address: Behind Roadways Bus stand, Paltan Bazar, Ajmer – 305 001, Rajasthan, India
Phone No.: 0145 2624105
Fax: 0145 2426643
Email id: email@example.com