Politicians make most of their money from their salary but they might have some assets or side business contributing towards their net worth. But not all politicians work on a limited salary and there are few who have accumulated billions of net worth comprising of villas and automobile collection and other form of properties. Most of their wealth comes from family money but for most the source is not very clear. Here we have compiled and presented a list of top 10 richest politicians in the world 2023-2024 containing details of their wealth and its source.
Top 10 Richest Politicians in the World
Let’s explore the list of 10 richest politicians in the world in 2023- I have also shared their net worth in 2023 and nationality.
|Name||Net worth (2023)||Nationality|
|Vladimir Putin||$70 billion||Russia|
|Michael Bloomberg||$76.8 billion||United States|
|Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan||$30 billion||United Arab Emirates|
|Hassanal Bolkiah||$30 billion||Brunei|
|Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Nahyan||$20 billion||United Arab Emirates|
|Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum||$14 billion||United Arab Emirates|
|Mohammed bin Salman||$8 billion||Saudi Arabia|
|Silvio Berlusconi||$8 billion||Italy|
|Imelda Marcos||$6 billion||Philippines|
|Kim Jong-un||$5.2 billion||North Korea|
10 Richest Politicians Details
Now that you know the world’s richest politicians, their net worth, nationality, etc, let us learn a little bit more about them in detail.
1. Michael Bloomberg
- Michael Bloomberg is the richest politician in the world 2023 with a net worth of around 76.8 billion dollars.
- Bloomberg has served as the mayor of New York City for 12 years, one of four individuals to serve that long.
- He has established public charter schools, rebuilt urban infrastructure, public health initiatives and much more as the mayor of the New York City
- Bloomberg was also up for the presidential elections in 2020 but later withdrew his name.
- A major philanthropist, Bloomberg has donated more than $12.7 billion to gun control, climate change and other causes.
- Vladimir Putin is the 2nd richest politician of the world where his net worth might vary from 70 to 200 billion, the exact figure not known to anyone.
- Putin is the president of Russia since 2012 and previously from 2000 to 2008 and has served as its prime minister from 1999 to 2000 and 2008 to 2012.
- Europe’s dependence on Russian oil and gas is the major source of Putin international influence and his wealth.
- Putin has been voted as the world’s most powerful person four times between 2013 and 2016.
- The richest man of Russia, some also claims that Putin might be the richest person of the world.
3. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and minister of presidential affairs.
- He is a member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi and his brother is the current President of the UAE.
- Most of his wealth comes from his rich family and his personal wealth is estimated to be 30 billion dollars.
- Sheikh Mansour manages the Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), an investment company for the royal family that owns the Manchester City Football Club.
- Hassanal Bolkiah is the Sultan and Prime Minister of Brunei who is among the richest politician of the world.
- Bolkiah is the world’s second-longest reigning monarch currently in rule after Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Sultan owns 600 Rolls-Royces, 450 Ferraris, 380 Bentleys and lives in the world’s largest palace.
- Most of his fortune, other than the family wealth, is derived from Brunei’s oil and gas.
- Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan was the second president of the United Arab Emirates till his death in May 2022.
- His estimated net worth is around 20 billion dollars making him one of richest politicians of the world.
- Not just rich but Sheikh Khalifa was also one of the world’s most powerful people according to Forbes 2018.
- The world’s tallest man-made structure Burj Khalifa was originally known as Burj Dubai but was later renamed in Khalifa’s honor.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the vice president, prime minister and minister of defense of Dubai.
- Businesses and economic assets of Dubai have grown multifold under his leadership, most of which is owned by him.
- However, most of his wealth comes from real estate development. His monumental projects include the artificial Palm Jumeirah islets and the Burj al-ʿArab hotel.
- His current net worth has reached around 14 billion dollars making him of the richest politicians.
7. Mohammed bin Salman
- Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud is the crown prince of Saudi Arabia and also the deputy prime minister and minister of defense.
- Although his father remains king of Saudi Arabia, power and control of the country remains in Mohammed’s hand.
- Mohammed is linked to extrajudicial killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi Arabian columnist of Washington Post who had criticized the Saudi government.
- With an estimated net worth of 8 billion dollars, Mohammed is one of the wealthiest politicians of the world 2023.
- Silvio Berlusconi is a politician from Italy who is one of the richest politicians and also one of the richest Italians.
- He has served as the Prime Minister from 1994 to 1995, 2001 to 2006 and 2008 to 2011.
- He is the longest serving post-war Prime Minister of Italy and the third longest-serving since Italian unification.
- Berlusconi is a renowned businessman with assets in television, newspaper, publishing, cinema, finance, banking, insurance and sports.
- As of now Berlusconi’s net worth is around $8 billion, which mostly comes from his vastly expanded business ventures.
9. Imelda Marcos
- Imelda Romualdez Marcos is the first woman to be featured in this list of world’s richest politician.
- She is the widow of former president of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos who served as the First Lady from 1965 to 1986 and yielded great power.
- Imelda is popularly known as Steel Butterfly for her perfect combination of political resolve and fashion sense.
- With a net worth of more than 5 billion dollars, Imelda is the ninth-richest politicians of the world and one of the richest person of Philippines.
10. Kim Jong-un
- Kim Jong-un is a dictator and the supreme leader of North Korea and also the leader of Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK).
- Before Kim Jong-un, his father and grandfather ruled North Korea under total dictatorship and he continues to do the same.
- Kim is known for his luxurious life and is the owner of 17 luxury palaces around North Korea, a fleet of 100 luxury cars (mostly European), a private jet and a 100-foot tall yacht.
- He has a net worth of around $5.2 billion which earned him a place in the top 10 richest politicians in the world 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
Vladimir Putin is the wealthiest politician in the world, others names are included in the top 10 list above.
Vladimir Putin with $70 billion.