The Doon School is an all boys boarding school located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Established in the year 1935, this school is affiliated to the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE). After the class 10th, the school offers two curriculums i.e. International Baccalaureate (IB) and Indian School Certificate (ISC). As far as the Doon school Admission 2020-2021 is considered, it will be offered in class 7th and 8th only. The overall strength of this school is around 600 students with approx. 70 teachers.
Overview of Doon School Admission Process
Due to its reputation of being one of the best schools in India, the Doon school receives a lot of applications for admission. The basic overview of the admission process is illustrated in the table below.
|Entry Points||Class 7th and Class 8th|
|Application process||Online (via Email)|
|Mode of application fee payment||Online or via demand draft in favour of “The Headmaster, The Doon School”|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam and Interview|
|Entrance exam Centers||Calcutta, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore|
|Starting of the registration process||Any time after the birth of your son|
|Registration Fee||Depends upon the age of a boy (check table below)|
Age Limit for admission
The doon school admission into the following two classes.
Class 7th (D Form): The age of a boy for entry to class 7th should be over 11 years and less than 12 years.
Class 8th (C Form): The age of a boy for entry to class 8th should be over 12 years and less than 13 years.
- The parents interested in the Doon School Admission can download the application form from the official website.
- The duly filled application form along with application fees need to be submitted via email.
- To submit the application form, the parents need to send the scanned copies of a completed application form, birth certificate of your son and receipt of online payment by email to Mr. Madan Kothari, Head of Admissions, email@example.com.
The registration fee for the Doon school admission is different for the students of various age groups.
- Up to 3 years: Rs. 12000/- ($ 600 US Dollars)
- 3 – 5 years: Rs. 15000/- ($ 850 US Dollars)
- 5 – 7 years: Rs. 18500/- ($ 1000 US Dollars)
- 7 – 9 years: Rs. 22000/- ($ 1300 US Dollars)
- 9 – 11 years: Rs. 29000/- ($ 1500 US Dollars)
- 11 – 13 years: Rs. 36000/- ($ 1800 US Dollars)
The Doon School fee structure for Indian and Foreign Nationals students is given below.
For Indian Students
- School Fee: Rs. 10,25,000/- per annum
- Incidental expenses: Rs. 25,000/- per term
- Refundable security deposit: Rs.4,00,000/- (at the time of admission)
- One-time Admission Fee: Rs. 4,00,000/-
For NRIs/ Foreign Nationals
- School fee: Rs. 12,81,000 /- per annum
- Admission fee: Rs. 6,40,500 (at the time of admission)
- Advance for incidentals: Rs. 50,000/- per term
- security deposit: Rs. 6,40,500/- (at the time of admission)
One of the reasons why the Doon school is considered one of the top schools in Dehradun is its world-class facilities. Some of the magnificent facilities that school offers are as follows:
- Clubs and Societies
- Security facilities
- Trips and Tours
- Modern Library
- Regular workshops and activities, etc.
Address: The Doon School, Mall Road, Dehradun, India 248001
Office Hours for General Enquiries
- Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m
- The Head of Admissions: Madan Kothari
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: +91 (0) 135 252 6406 or +91 9719638840
Other contact details of the school
- School’s Phone Number: +91 135 2526400
- Fax Number: +91 135 2757275
- Head Master’s Email Address: email@example.com
- Deputy Head Master’s Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Office: email@example.com
- HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: Check here
We have tried to provide you with the most accurate information. However, if you feel anything is incorrect or you have doubt then feel free to contact via comment section.