Tom Cruise net worth is projected to be around $620 Million. He is one of the greatest and richest American actors and producers. He is also counted among the highest-paid actors around the world.
Tom Cruise started his career in the early 1980s and played a lead role in Risky Business (1983) and Top Gun (1986). His films have actually made $4 billion only in North America and over $10.1 billion around the world.
Based on their tremendous performance in films, he bagged three Golden Globe Awards and an Honorary Palme d’Or.
Tom Cruise Net Worth 2023
|Full Name||Thomas Cruise Mapother IV|
|Popular as||Tom Cruise|
|Born on||July 3, 1962|
|Place of Birth||Syracuse, New York, U.S|
|Occupation||Actor and Producer|
|Tom Cruise’s Net Worth||Roughly $620 Million as in 2023|
Key Facts about Tom Cruise
- He had started his career as an actor in early 1980s and played lead role in Risky Business (1983) and Top Gun (1986). The movie Top Gun grossed $360 million worldwide and it was the most successful film of the year 1986.
- The highest grossing and successful films of Tom Cruise are- Top Gun: Maverick (2022) grossed over $1 billion, Mission Impossible Fallout (2018) grossed $800 million, Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (2011) grossed $700 million, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (2015) grossed $690 million, War of the Worlds (2005) grossed $606 million, The Last Samurai (2003) grossed $456 million.
- He is one of the richest actors of the world.
- He has won three Golden Globe Awards and an Honorary Palme d’Or.
- He was the highest-paid actor in 2012.
- He starred in and produced “Mission Impossible which grossed $457 million worldwide.
Tom Cruise’s Early Life
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV was born on 3rd July 1962 at Syracuse, New York, U.S. His mother Mary Lee was a special education teacher, while his father Thomas Cruise Mapother III served as an electrical engineer. Tom Cruise is a proud brother of his three sisters namely Lee Anne, Marian, and Cass.
Both of his parents belong to Louisville, Kentucky and had German, English, and Irish ancestry.
He mentioned about his father that he was a “coward” who used to beat his children. Tom Cruise told “[My father] was the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you. It was a great lesson in my life—how he’d lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang! For me, it was like, ‘There’s something wrong with this guy. Don’t trust him. Be careful around him.'”
Tom Cruise was involved in the drama for the first time when he was in the fourth grade under the guidance of George Steinburg.
The mother of Tom Cruise left when Cruise was in 6th grade and his father Thomas Cruise Mapother III brought him and his three sisters back to the United States. Later in the year 1954, his father died.
Cruise was not interested to become an actor. Instead, he wanted to become a Franciscan priest.
Also Check Val Kilmer Net Worth
Tom Cruise’s Acting Journey
- At an age of 18, Tom Cruise moved to New York city to pursue his career in acting. He worked as a busboy in New York to mange his living expenses and later he moved to Los Angeles to get roles in television.
- Later he signed to Creative Artists Agency LLC (CAA) and started his career in acting.
- In the year 1981, he played a small role in the film Endless Love.
- In the year 1983, he appeared in All the Right Moves and Risky Business. It was indeed a career maker for Cruise.
- In the year 1985 he played a lead role in the film Legend. Later in the year 1986, he has become a superstar with Top Gun. Later, in the same year The Color of Money film was released.
- Then, Days of Thunder (1990) and Far and Away (1992) were released.
- Cruise’s role as Ethan Hunt in the reboot of Mission Impossible was truly appreciated. He himself produced this film.
- Later, he continued playing as the best actor in ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ (in the year 1999), ‘Vanilla Sky’ (in the year 2001), ‘Minority Report’ (in 2002), ‘The Last Samurai’ (in the year 2003), ‘Collateral’ (in the year 2004), ‘Rock of Ages’ (in the year 2012), and ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ (in the year 2014), Top Gun: Maverick (2022).
Tom Cruise’s Personal Life
The net worth of Tom Cruise is estimated $620 Million as in 2023. Let’s have a look at his personal life:
Cruise was in relationship with Rebecca De Mornay, Melissa Gilbert, Patti Scialfa, and Cher in the 1980s.
On May 9, 1987, he married to actress Mimi Rogers and then got divorced on February 4, 1990.
Later during the shoot of his film ‘Days of Thunder’ in 1990 he met actress Nicole Kidman and the couple got married on December 24, 1990. They both adopted 2 children namely Connor Antony and Isabella Jane.
List of Tom Cruise’s Best Movies
- Top Gun: Maverick (2022)
- Mission Impossible – Fallout (2018)
- All Def Movie Awards (2017)
- American Made (2017)
- Empire Awards (2014)
- Oblivion (2013)
- Knight and Day (2010)
- Tropic Thunder (2008)
- The Last Samurai (2003)
- Mission Impossible (1996)
- Jerry Maguire (1996)
- Interview with a Vampire (1994)
- Cocktail (1988)
- Top Gun (1986)
Upcoming Movies: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023) and Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part Two (2024)
Tom Cruise’s houses
Tom Cruise is living a lavish life with many homes at different locations of the world and a G450 private jet. Here is the list of houses Tom Cruise owns.
- Tom Cruise’s English estate, West Sussex, UK
- Tom Cruise’s Clearwater penthouse, Florida, USA
- Tom Cruise’s secluded ranch, Colorado, USA
- Tom Cruise’s Beverly Hills manor
- Tom Cruise’s Hollywood Hills homes, California, USA
Apart from this he has exceptional car collections and it also includes Bugatti Veyron, 996 Porsche 911, 1958 C1 Chevrolet Corvette, Saleen S281 Ford Mustang, 1949 Buick Roadmaster etc.
Top Quotes of Tom Cruise
“I love adventure movies, I just love action adventure films. It’s pure cinema and you go in and you’re lost to it. To me, it’s that challenge – I want to give an audience that ride, that entertainment.”- Tom Cruise
“We live in a world in which we are able to communicate very quickly in many different ways, and yet we find communicating more difficult than ever. When in fact we need communication more urgently than ever, because the enemies that threaten us are universal: drugs, illiteracy and crime. We have to fight against them together.”- Tom Cruise
“I’ve had such extremes in my life. From being this kind of wild kid, to one year studying to be a Franciscan priest at the seminary….I was very frustrated.”- Tom Cruise
“I don’t care what someone believes. I don’t care what nationality they are. But if someone wants to get off drugs, I can help them. If someone wants to learn how to read, I can help them. If someone doesn’t want to be a criminal anymore, I can give them tools that can better their life.”- Tom Cruise
“I feel good about the fact that I finally found something I love. I never lived in one place for very long – that’s the way my whole life has been. I was always packing and moving around, staying in Canada, Kentucky, Jersey, St. Louis – it all helped because I was always learning new accents, experiencing different environments.”- Tom Cruise