Do you know top 10 news anchors in India 2023? Let’s explore it here!
Free media is considered the fourth pillar of democracy. Thankfully, our country India has far more vibrant media as compared to many other nations in the world. Out of all forms of media, electronic media (especially TV news channels) has the widest reach. News Anchors play an important role in spreading the news and making the general public aware of various facts and figures. Today’s post is about the top news anchors in India in 2023.
There are many news channels in India with a large number of news Anchors. Still, there are some news anchors that have set benchmarks for future generations to come. In this article, we are going to share the list of the 10 best new anchors in India who are widely acclaimed for their works.
Top Ten Best News Anchors in India 2023
Here is the list of ten most famous and best News Anchors in India in 2023.
- Born – 14 September 1980
- Birthplace – Deolali, Nashik, India
- Alma Mater – Delhi University, Cardiff University
- Current News Channel – India Today Group
- Awards – Best Anchor category at the Exchange4media News Broadcasting Awards in the year 2019, best anchor at the Indian Television Academy Awards in the year 2013, National annual award by Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation in the year 2016.
- Overview – Started his career with Zee News in the year 1999, Rahul Kanwal is a well-known and renowned name in the field of Indian Journalism. Currently working as a news director at India Today, he hosts a primetime show called News track. He has already interviewed many of the great Indian personalities including PM Narendra Mode, CM of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal, Union Minister Piyush Goyal, etc.
- Born – 18 April 1983
- Birthplace – Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Alma Mater – University of Mumbai
- Current News Channel – ABP News
- Awards – ENBA Award 2020
- Overview – Famous for her flamboyant anchoring style, Rubika Liyaquat is one of the most familiar faces of Indian Journalism. She has already hosted some of the most famous primetime shows on many news channels. Currently, she is working with ABP News and hosts a prime-time show called “Master Stroke”. She has worked with some of the most famous journalists in India such as Sudhir Chaudhary and Rohit Sardana.
- Born – 18 December 1971
- Birthplace – New Delhi
- Alma Mater – Delhi University, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Columbia University
- Current News Channel – Owner of Youtube Channel MoJo Story
- Awards – Padma Shri
- Overview – Barkha Dutt grabbed the attention of viewers when she does frontline reporting from the border at the time of Kargil Conflict between India and Pakistan. While working with NDTV, she hosted multiple shows such as “We The People” and “The Buck Stops Here”. For her work, she has already many prestigious awards including Padma Shri (4th highest civilian honour in India).
- Born – 18 February 1957
- Birthplace – Delhi
- Alma Mater – Delhi University
- Current News Channel – India TV
- Awards – Padma Bhushan
- Overview – Rajat Sharma is a veteran Journalist who is currently chairman and editor-in-chief of India TV. Apart from being a journalist, Rajat is also the president of Delhi & District Cricket Association. His TV show “Aap Ki Adalat” is one of the longest running shows in Indian Television History. For this contribution in the field of Journalism, he was awarded Padma Bhushan in the year 2015.
- Born – 24th May 1965
- Birthplace – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Alma Mater – St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai (B.A), University College, Oxford (M.A, BCL)
- Current News Channel – India Today
- Awards – Padma Shri
- Overview – Rajdeep is another veteran Journalist that has been a familiar face on Indian News Channels for multiple decades. For his contribution in the field of Journalism he was awarded with Padma Shri. Currently, working with India Today, Rajdeep has hosted many shows with multiple news channels in past. Previously, he was an editor-in-chief of Global Broadcast News that include channels like CNN-IBN, IB7, and IBN-Lokmat
- Born – 18 June 1974
- Birthplace – Hodal, Haryana, India
- Alma Mater – University of Delhi
- Current News Channel – Zee News
- Awards – Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award, 2013
- Overview -Sudhir Chaudhary is the primary face of Zee News. His daily news show “Daily News and Analysis (DNA)” is widely acclaimed by Indian masses. He started his journalism career in the 1990s. He was part of a journalist’s convoy that covered the Vajpayee–Musharraf Indo-Pak meeting at Islamabad after the 2001 Indian Parliament attack. Sudhir also played an instrumental role in the launch of Sahara Samay. He is also one of the most controversial journalists. He is often accused of spreading Islamophobia.
- Born – 21 August 1977
- Birthplace – Patna, Bihar
- Alma Mater – University of Patna
- Current News Channel – Aajtak
- Awards – ENBA award for Best Producer 2013, ENBA Best Business Show for Shwetpatra Budget in 2014, NT award for Best Anchor 2012
- Overview -Sweta Singh is one of the most famous news presenters in Indian Television. Before switching to electronic media, she has also worked in print media with platforms like “The Times of India Patna edition” and “Hindustan Times Patna edition”. She is widely appreciated for her expertise in Sport journalism and her way of presenting the news. She has also been part of many films such as “Chakravyuh” and “Chak De India” as an Aajtak news presenter. She is working with Aaj Tak for more than 20 years.
- Born – 5 December 1974
- Birthplace – Jiwapur, East Champaran, Bihar
- Alma Mater – University of Delhi, Indian Institute of Mass Communication
- Current News Channel – NDTV
- Awards – Roman Magsaysay Award, Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards
- Overview – Winner of Roman Magsaysay Award, Ravish Kumar has a very different style of presenting news. He is far calmer and more composed than many news anchors on this list. He is a senior executive editor of NDTV India. He has hosted multiple shows with the channel such as Prime Time, Hum Log, Ravish Ki Report and Des Ki Baat. For his contribution in the field of Journalism, he has been awarded Roman Magsaysay award in the year 2019. Plus, he has also won Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award for the Best Journalist of the Year twice. Please note that he is only the fifth Indian Journalist to win the Roman Magsaysay Award.
Anjana OM Kashyap
- Born – 12 June 1975
- Birthplace – Ranchi, Bihar
- Alma Mater – Jamia Millia Islamia, University of Delhi
- Current News Channel – Aaj Tak
- Awards – ITA award for Best News Anchor – News/ Current Affairs Show
- Overview – Known for her strong style of news anchoring and Journalism, Anjana Om Kashyap is in the 2nd position on our list. She is currently working with Aajtak as a senior editor. Before that, she has worked with Doordarshan and Zee News. Her style of Journalism is very strong. She has confronted famous politicians on live television. Prior to starting journalism, she has worked as a counselor at Daewoo Motors.
- Born – 7 March 1973
- Birthplace – Guwahati, Assam
- Alma Mater – Delhi University, Sidney Sussex College, University of Cambridge
- Current News Channel – Republic Network
- Awards – Best News Anchor of Asia 2004
- Overview – There is a famous saying about Arnab Goswami that you can either love his style or hate his style but you can’t ignore his style of News Anchoring. The current editor-in-chief of Republic TV Network, Arnab Goswami is one of the most famous and influential news anchors in India. Before starting Republic TV, Arnab has worked with NDTV, The Telegraph, and Times Now. His shows such as “The Newshour”, “Frankly Speaking with Arnab” have received a lot of appreciation.