World Hindi Day 2023 is otherwise known as Vishwa Hindi Divas. The day is celebrated across the world on January 10 every year. It marks the anniversary of first World Hindi Conference which was organized on January 10, 1975 in Nagpur.
राष्ट्रभाषा के बिना राष्ट्र गूंगा है: महात्मा गांधी
When is World Hindi Day 2023: In India, Hindi is regarded as the mother tongue. It is the most basic form of expression for our country. It is our national language and the most commonly spoken in the country. Apart from India, the language is also spoken in Nepal, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, MauritiusIt and Fiji.
Previous Prime Minister Manmohan Singh bowed to precedent in order to promote the vernacular in other areas of the world. The goal of the event was to establish Hindi as an international language.
World Hindi Day 2023
|Event||World Hindi Day 2023|
|Also Known as||Vishwa Hindi Divas|
|Date||January 10, 2023|
|Theme||“to make Hindi a part of public opinion, although it doesn’t necessarily mean that one has to leave their mother tongue.”|
History of World Hindi Day 2023
The anniversary is commemorated in Indian embassies and government offices across the world, which host talks in Hindi on a variety of themes. World Hindi Conferences began in 1975, with the first one taking place on January 10, 1975, in Nagpur, India, and the day becoming known as World Hindi Day. These conferences also had the goal of spreading and promoting Hindi as a language on a global scale.
The goal was to raise awareness of the language, as well as a liking and respect for it among people all over the world. It also intended to raise awareness about Hindi’s current state and showcase it as a world language. The day was first observed in India in 2003, and the Indian Ministry of External Affairs has been formally announcing and commemorating it in other nations since January 10, 2006.
Significance of World Hindi Day 2023
The Hindi language got its name from a term “Hind” which is Persian, which means “the land of Indus.” The Indo-Aryan component of the Indo-European language family includes Hindi. It is spoken in India, Trinidad and Tobago, Nepal, Guyana, Tobago, and Mauritius, among other nations.
World Hindi Diwas 2023 Theme
Last year, the theme of World Hindi Diwas was “to make Hindi a part of public opinion, although it doesn’t necessarily mean that one has to leave their mother tongue.”
However, the World Hindi Diwas 2023 theme is yet to be decided and announced.
National Hindi Divas & World Hindi Day
The World Hindi Diwas frequently confused with the National Hindi Diwas. Both festivals honour the Hindi language and seek to promote it, but they have different histories and frameworks. In India, World Hindi Day is observed on January 10, while Hindi Divas or National Hindi Divas is observed on September 14th.
On September 14, National Hindi Divas are observed to celebrate the Constituent Assembly’s approval of Hindi as India’s official language.
World Hindi Day 2023 Wishes
- “Celebrate the beautiful Hindi literature every day! Wishes for Vishva Hindi Divas.”
- “Let the pride of Hindi language spread far and wide. Happy World Hindi Day”
- “Many wishes for a pride-filled Vishva Hindi Divas.”
- “Come on Hindi Day, read and teach Hindi, our language is our language; let us adopt it, hearty greetings to all of you on Vishva Hindi Divas.”
World Hindi Day 2023 Quotes
- “If one script is required for all Indian languages, then it can be Devanagari only.” (Justice Krishnaswamy Iyer)
- “Hindi is the simplest source of our nation’s expression.” (Sumitranandan Pant)
- “Our Nagari is the most scientific script in the world.” (Rahul Sankrityayan)
- “A nation is dumb without national language.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
- “Hindi is the soul of Indian culture.” (Kamalapati Tripathi)
Important Facts of World Hindi Day 2023
- On January 10, 1975, in Nagpur there was an inaugural World Hindi Conference, with 122 representatives from 30 nations in attendance.
- Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in 2006, announced that World Hindi Day would be observed every year on January 10.
- Of all the languages spoken on the planet, Hindi are the fifth most widely spoken.
- Many nations, including Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Guyana, Uganda, Suriname, Mauritius, Trinidad, and South Africa, speak Hindi.
- In 2017, terms including Bacha’ (Child), ‘Bada Din,’ (huge day) ‘Acha,’ (Good) ‘ and ‘Surya Namaskar’ were added to the Oxford Dictionary. It symbolizes the significance and acceptability of Hindi.
Frequently Asked Questions
विश्व हिंदी दिवस 10 January को मनाया जाता है।
पूर्व प्रधान मंत्री डॉ मनमोहन सिंह ने 2006 में पहला विश्व हिंदी दिवस मनाया।
अभी इसकी घोषणा नहीं हुई है, हालांकि पिछले साल विश्व हिंदी दिवस की थीम “to make Hindi a part of public opinion, although it doesn’t necessarily mean that one has to leave their mother tongue.” थी।
2 thoughts on “World Hindi Day 2023: Theme, History, Wishes, Quotes, Significance”
में फिजी में आयोजित विश्व हिंदी सम्मेलन 2023 में भाग लेना चाहता हूँ । रजिस्ट्रेशन के बाद , इसमें प्रतिभागी का आने जाने का किराया क्या रहेगा और इसमें आयोजक या भारत सरकार द्वारा क्या रियायत प्रदान की जा रही है।
कृपया विस्तार से सम्पूर्ण जानकारी प्रदान करने की कृपा करें ।
मैं विश्व हिन्दी दिवस 2023 में सम्मिलित होने के लिए अपना नाम भेजना चाहता हूँ।
यह कैसे हो सकता है