World Sleep Day 2022 on March 18, 2022: World Sleep Day is observed on the third Friday in March each year. The 18th of March is World Sleep Day 2022. The action of sleep or resting also isn’t treated literally in several areas of the globe and is regarded as a luxury instead of a need. The negative consequences of sleep deprivation are often overlooked till it’s too late. From 2008, World Sleep Day being observed as a significant occasion to promote the concept of resting.
World Sleep Day 2022
|Event||World Sleep Day 2022|
|Date||March 18, 2022|
|Day||Third Friday of March 2022|
|World Sleep Day 2022 Theme||Quality Sleep, Sound Mind, Happy World|
World Sleep Day 2022: History
The World Sleep Society has held World Sleep Day every year since 2008 as a way to raise awareness about the importance of sleep. There seem to be devoted healthcare professionals and medical students who work and study in the field of sleep research and clinical, thus we can conclude it’s a yearly awareness day. The primary objective of the inaugural World Sleep Day was to gather united healthcare professionals from all around the world to interact and share information about the significance of sleep.
World Sleep Day 2022: Celebrations
The World Sleep Society (WSS) in the United States is hosting the conference. The World Sleep Society has given some advice on how to address bad sleep patterns that lead to low good sleep in individuals. The following are some examples:
- Establish a consistent wake-up and sleep schedule.
- Do not sleep for more than 45 minutes a day if you are used to taking siestas.
- Must not smoke or drink large amounts of alcohol at least 4 hours before going to bed.
- Caffeine should not be consumed six hours before going to bed. It may include soda, tea, coffee, and sweets.
- Prevent sleep deprivation by consuming a little snack just before going to bed. Avoid fatty, spicy, and sweet meals at least four hours before going to bed.
- Exercise regularly, however avoid going to the gym well before bed.
- Sleep on a comfy mattress.
- You must sleep in a place that is well ventilated or that is kept at a temperature that makes you feel rested.
- Before retiring to bed, turn off or shut out any distracting noises, and dim the lights if possible.
- Give it your best shot and save your evenings for sleeping. Do not engage in any kind of employment or playing games.
Finally, let’s take a closer look at a few of the ways in which sleep problems impair our quality of life.
Check- Important days in March 2022
World Sleep Day 2022: Disorders of Sleep
Having a sleep problem is a disorder that arises as a consequence of having a poor sleep hygiene or sleeping habits. It has the potential to have a negative impact on people’s general well-being, security, and happiness. Poor sleep may lead to a variety of other issues, including mental and physical health issues.
Extreme daytime drowsiness, uneven breathing, or an upsurge in activity while sleeping are all signs of a sleep disorder. These sleep disorders include behavioral issues, issues with normal sleep-wake periods, respiratory issues and difficulties sleeping at night or how tired you feel throughout the day. Somatic symptoms may be classified in a variety of ways. The following are examples of frequent sleep problems:
- Unable to sleep or stay asleep during the night is known as insomnia.
- You have trouble breathing while sleeping at night is Sleep Apnea. It appears in several forms.
- RLS is a condition in which you have uneasy legs. It’s a condition with irregular sleep patterns. A different name for the condition is Willis-Ekbom syndrome. When you’re trying to sleep, it gives you the jitters and makes you want to wiggle your legs.
- Sleepiness throughout the day and napping in the middle of the day are symptoms of narcolepsy.
World Sleep Day 2022 Theme
World Sleep Day 2022 Theme: Quality Sleep, Sound Mind, Happy World
National awareness-raising activities are often tied to recurring themes. As of 2021, the topic of World Sleep Day is “Regular Sleep, Healthy Future,” that says eloquently about the significance of sleep. The goal of the topic for 2021 was to raise awareness about the need of getting enough sleep for good health. According to medical professionals, you should obtain at least 8 hours of sleep each night since that is when your body changes in recovery mode and your brain unwinds from the stresses of your busy day.
A good night’s sleep serves to maintain medical issues including cardiovascular disease and obesity at bay, so it assists the mind work more efficiently. Numerous companies are actively distributing information about this event in line with the topic in an effort to educate their target audiences about it. Many people are even creating memes to commemorate the occasion.
World Sleep Day 2022: Quotes
- “The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world.” (Leonard Cohen)
- “It was that sort of sleep in which you wake every hour and think to yourself that you have not been sleeping at all; you can remember dreams that are like reflections, daytime thinking slightly warped.” (Kim Stanley Robinson)
- “Sleep is a golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” (Thomas Dekker)
- “I’ve dreamed a lot. I’m tired now from dreaming but not tired of dreaming. No one tires of dreaming, because to dream is to forget, and forgetting does not weigh on us, it is a dreamless sleep throughout which we remain awake. In dreams I have achieved everything.” (Fernando Pessoa)
- “Early to bedand early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” (Benjamin Franklin)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: When is World Sleep Day 2022?
Answer: World sleep day 2022 will be observed on March 18, 2022.
Question 2: What is the theme of World Sleep Day 2022?
Answer: This year, the theme of world sleep day is Quality Sleep, Sound Mind, Happy World.
Question 3: Who organizes world sleep day event?
Answer: The World Sleep Day Committee of the World Sleep Society organizes the event.