Get complete details about net worth of Jack Nicholson in 2023, his income, assets, investments, salary, fees and other major details.
John Joseph Nicholson, known popularly by his stage name Jack Nicholson, is one of the greatest actors of the 20th century. Other than acting, he has got some talents in film making and screenwriting as well. His most notable movies include Chinatown (1974), One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975), The Shining (1980), The Departed (2006) and many others. Jack holds the record for being nominated male actor in the Academy’s history with a total of twelve Academy Award nominations. Apart from being a renowned actor, he is also one of the richest actors in the film industry. Jack Nicholson net worth 2023 is approximately $400 million.
Jack Nicholson Net Worth 2023
|Net worth||$400 million|
|Highest-grossing movie||Batman (1989) – $411,556,825|
|Highest paycheck||$6 million (Batman)|
Jack Nicholson Biography
Jack Nicholson was born on April 22 1937 in New Jersey to June Frances Nicholson, a 17-year old showgirl, with his father’s true identity still unknown. Since his birth mother was only seventeen and unmarried, June’s parents agreed to raise Nicholson as their own child. Thus Nicholson’s mother became his sister and his grandparents became his parents.
Truth about Nicholson’s true parentage was discovered by researchers at Time magazine in 1974. However, both his mother and grandmother had died by that time and Jack decided not to pursue much on these findings and didn’t even found about his real father.
Nicholson married his The Terror movie co-star Sandra Knight in 1962 but the couple separated in 1966. They both had one daughter together. Jack has a total of six children from five different partners. He has also been in relationships with Anjelica Huston, Rebecca Broussard and Lara Flynn Boyle.
|Years active||1955 – 2010|
|Date of birth||22 April 1937|
|Spouse||Sandra Knight (1962 – 1968)|
|No. of children||6|
|Parents||June Frances Nicholson (mother)|
Top Rated Movies of Jack Nicholson
Here are some of the best movies starred by Jack Nicholson that everyone should watch at least once:
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)- Drama
- The Departed (2006)- Crime, Drama, Thriller
- The Shining (1980)- Drama, Horror
- Chinatown (1974)- Drama, Mystery, Thriller
- A Few Good Men (1992)- Drama, Thriller
- As Good as It Gets (1997)- Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Batman (1989)- Action, Adventure
- The Last Detail (1973)- Comedy, Drama
- Terms of Endearment (1983)- Comedy, Drama
- Five Easy Pieces (1970)- Drama
Awards & Accolades won by Jack Nicholson
Jack Nicholson is the actor with maximum Academy Award nominations, eight for best actor and four for best supporting actor.
Out of 8 nominations, Nicholson has won two Academy awards for best Actor- one for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) and one for As Good as It Gets (1997). Out of 4 nominations for Best Supporting Actor, Jack won the award for Terms of Endearment (1983).
Nicholson is also one of only three male actors to win three Academy Awards, and one of only two actors to be nominated for an Academy Award in every decade from the 1960s to the 2000s.
Other than Academy, he has won six Golden Globe Awards and also received the Kennedy Center Honor in 2001.
Nicholson became one of the youngest actors to be awarded the Life Achievement Award by American Film Institute in 1994.
Interesting Facts about Jack Nicholson
Let us check out some interesting lesser-known facts about Jack Nicholson:
- Ethel May and John J. Nicholson were Jack Nicholson’s grandparents, whom he knew as his parents.
- Nicholson was an office worker at MGM’s cartoon department and worked for William Hanna and Joseph Barbera.
- Passionate for golf, Nicholson once used his golf club to smash a man’s car window in a bout of rage.
- He was offered the role of Michael Corleone in The Godfather (1972) but turned it down, suggesting that an actual Italian should play the role.
- Nicholson is friends with Danny DeVito since they were boys as their relatives used to manage a hair salon together.
- Jack Nicholson has been nominated for an acting Oscar in five different decades- 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.
- He is one of the only two actors to receive an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor Oscar after winning the same for Best Actor.
- Nicholson owns a 30-year old Mercedes-Benz 600 and considers it the best touring car of all time.
How Jack Nicholson spends his money?
Nicholson has earned his money through the film industry by playing the part of actor, screenwriter and filmmaker. Although you know how he makes his money, do you where he likes to spend that money? If not, let us have a look at it.
The actor is believed to own several properties in America worth more than $100 million. His first estate is in Los Angeles which he bought in 1969 and he also owns a 3-acre compound in Beverly Hills that contains four properties. In 2005, Nicholson bought the mansion owned by veteran actor and his friend Marlon Brando, after his death. Other than this, Jack also has homes in Colorado, Hawaii and Northern California.
Nicholson owns the 1967 White Convertible Beetle and he bought the Mercedes 100 after driving it on the set of The Witches of Eastwick. His other cars include a Mercedes 500 SL, a Mercedes R129 SL and an upgraded 4×4 classic Range Rover.
Jack Nicholson is an admirer of art and is one of the top art collectors in Hollywood. His art collections are worth $100 million and include work of the best artists like Picasso, Magritte, Botero, Modigliani, Matisse and Rodin.
Nicholson is a passionate golfer and he paid $75,000 to Honma (a Japanese luxury golf gear brand) for making golf clubs from 14-carat gold, platinum, and carbon fabric.
How Do You Know (2010)