Get complete details about Mel Gibson net worth in 2023, his income, assets, investments, salary, fees and other major details.
One of the leading men of Hollywood, Mel Gibson is known for his roles in the movies such as Lethal Weapon, Mad Max and Brave heart. Gibson has established himself as one of the renowned Hollywood actors, director and producer. He has won awards for his acting as well as direction, including the Academy Award. One of the richest actors of the world, Mel Gibson net worth 2023 is estimated to be around $425 million that he has made through movie industry and property investments.
Gibson has given back to back hits in his career spanning for five decades now. Known for his intense acting style, Mel Gibson has dominated the industry as an actor, director and producer and has still much more to give to the industry. In return, he has garnered worldwide fame and a good amount of fortune. Let us learn a little about Mel Gibson, his net worth, Hollywood journey and more.
Mel Gibson Net Worth 2023
|Mel Gibson Net worth||$425 million (est.)|
|Annual income||$30 million (est.)|
|Fees per movie||$25 million (est.)|
Mel Gibson Biography
Mel Gibson was born in New York on January 3 1956 to Hutton Gibson and Anne Patricia. When his father got $145,000 in a work-related-injury lawsuit he shifted the family to Sydney Australia where Gibson lived and grew up. Gibson started his career in acting with stage performances and starred in a few television shows. When he got the role of Max Rockatansy in the Australian movie Mad Max, it turned his career for good.
He was married to Robyn Moore a dental nurse from Australia in 1980 but they got divorced after 26 years of marriage. Together they have seven children and three grandchildren. Gibson briefly dated Russian songwriter and pianist Oksana Grigorieva but further got separated. Since 2014, Gibson is in a relationship with Rosalind Ross, former champion equestrian vaulter and writer. Gibson has two other sons, one from each partner.
|Years active||1976 – present|
|Age||Born on January 3 1956|
|Date of birth||January 3 1956|
|Spouse||Robyn Moore (1980 – 2011)|
|Partner||Oksana Grigorieva (2009 – 2010) Rosalind Ross (2014 – present)|
|Parents||Hutton Gibson (father) Anne Patricia (mother)|
Mel Gibson Hollywood Journey
Gibson made his film debut in the 1977 film Summer City but his breakthrough came with the role of Max Rockatansky in Australian action film Mad Max which gave him worldwide recognition. His first role in Hollywood movie was in the movie The River (1984). Gibson’s Hollywood success however came with the 1987 movie Lethal Weapon and he went on to give many more hits with Lethal Weapon sequels, Braveheart, The Passion of the Christ and others.
His movies The Patriot Chicken Run and What Women Want have grossed over 100 million dollars and We Were Soldiers and Signs became the highest-grossing film of Gibson at the time. Other than acting, Gibson has also worked as a director for the movies The Man Without a Face, Braveheart, The Passion of the Christ, Apocalypto and Hacksaw Ridge. He also co-owns the production company Icon productions and has produced moves like Hamlet, Immortal Beloved, An Ideal Husband, The Million Dollar Hotel , etc.
Mel Gibson Quotes
Mel Gibson has given many quotes especially ones related to life and experience. Here are some inspiring and powerful quotes by Mel Gibson:
- All experiences, what does not kill you make you stronger and tougher I think. Life’s experiences, whether they are pleasant, unpleasant, torturous or excruciatingly wonderful and blissful, season you somehow and you learn from them.
- Pain is the precursor to change.
- Never believe anything you hear, and only believe half of what you see.
- Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.
- Creating life simply to destroy it is wrong.
- Go away, dig a hole, do something else, come back and it magically rejuvenates your creative impulses and stuff.
- The only way to maintain a moderate sum of happiness in this life is not to worry about the future or regret the past too much.
- The thing we’re all looking for is happiness, and if we achieve just a modicum of that or even a little piece of serenity even for five minutes a day, we’re very lucky.
- Every time you go out there to do something, you wonder if you can do it. There’s no assured success. There’s no secret recipe for success. Every time you go out there, you go out there with the possibility of great failure.
- Life is life, and one has experiences that are painful and some that are very pleasant, and one has reward and sacrifice and more reward and disappointment and joy and happiness, and it’s always going to be the same.
Mel Gibson Net Worth for past 5 years
Here’s the net worth of Mel Gibson for past 5 years:
Mad Max (1979)
The Passion of the Christ ($611.9 Million)