Jamie Lee Curtis net worth 2023 is estimated around $60 million. Check her biography and other details.
Jamie Lee Curtis is a prominent actress, author and activist, well-known for her role as Laurie Strode in the famous Halloween franchise. Following the popularity of the movie, she landed roles in other top-rated movies like Trading Places (1983), Perfect (1985) and A Fish Called Wanda (1988). Over decades of acting and working in the industry, she has now established herself among one of the most-loved celebrities of Hollywood. Also among the richest actress of her time, Jamie Lee Curtis has a net worth of $60 million in 2023 along with her husband Christopher Guest.
Let us know a little bit in detail about Jamie Lee Curtis Net Worth 2023 and other important info about the scream-queen.
Jamie Lee Curtis Net Worth 2023
|Name||Jamie Lee Curtis|
|Jamie Lee Curtis Net worth (2023)||$60 million|
|Most popular franchise||Halloween|
|Halloween box office collection||$250 million|
Jamie Lee Curtis Biography
Jamie Lee Curtis was born on November 22, 1958 in Los Angeles. California. Her both parents, Janet Leigh (mother) and Tony Curtis (father) were legendary Hollywood actors. She also has an elder sister Kelly Curtis who is also a popular movie star. Jamie’s parents divorced in 1962 and she was raised by her mother and her stepfather, stockbroker Robert Brandt. She was a student at the University of the Pacific but dropped out after one semester to pursue a career in acting. After her father’s death, Jaime found out that her entire family, including siblings, had been cut out of his will.
Curtis married actor, director and screenwriter Christopher Guest in 1984. They have two adopted daughters; Annie, born in 1986 and Ruby, born in 1996. Her father-in-law, Peter Haden-Guest, was a British hereditary peer and the fourth Baron Haden-Guest. When he died in 1996, her husband succeeded him becoming the fifth Baron Haden-Guest and Jaime became The Honourable the Lady Haden-Guest.
|Name||Jamie Lee Curtis|
|Jamie Lee Curtis Age||64 years|
|Date of birth||November 22, 1958|
|Jamie Lee Curtis Husband||Christopher Guest (m. 1984)|
|Jamie Lee Curtis children||2|
|Jamie Lee Curtis Height||1.7 m|
|Jamie Lee Curtis Parents||Tony Curtis (Father) Janet Leigh (Mother)|
Jamie Lee Curtis- Career in Hollywood
Curtis made her debut with the 1978 horror movie Halloween, in which she played the role of Laurie Strode. The movie became a major success and was also one of the highest-grossing independent film of its time. The film won many awards and accolades in the genre of horror movies and so did Curtis. She reprised her famous role in the six other franchise of Halloween- Halloween II (1981), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998), Halloween: Resurrection (2002), Halloween (2018), and Halloween Kills (2021), and uncredited voice role in Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982).
She worked in few other horror/ slasher movies and made an image of horror queen. However, these movies only got mixed to negative reviews from the critics and fans alike. She then worked in 18983 box office hit Trading Places that helped Curtis shed her image of horror queen and also earned her a BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Her other famous roles include coming-of-age movies My Girl (1991) and My Girl 2 (1994) and the Disney comedy film Freaky Friday (2003). With roles such variant as this, Jaime soon established herself as a versatile actress in the industry.
Top Rated Movies of Jamie Lee Curtis
Check out some of these highly rated movies starring Jamie Lee Curtis:
- Halloween (1978)
- Trading Places (1983)
- A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
- True Lies (1994)
- My Girl (1991)
- Freaky Friday (2003)
- Love Letters (II) (1983)
- Blue Steel (1990)
- Death of a Centerfold: The Dorothy Stratten Story (1981 TV Movie)
- Prom Night (1980)
Lesser-known facts about Jamie Lee Curtis
We all know how Jaime got her big break at acting in 1978 when she won the role of Laurie Strode in Halloween (1978). But here are some lesser-known interesting facts about actress Jamie Lee Curtis:
- Jaime was introduced to her future husband, Christopher Guest, by her Halloween II co-star Leo Rossi during a mutual celebrity softball league.
- When Christopher inherited the barony after the death of his father, Curtis formally became Lady Haden-Guest of Saling in the County of Essex.
- She has won a 2003 Grammy nomination in the Best Spoken Album for Children category for her recording of the children’s books she has written.
- Jaime Curtis was a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1992.
- She is the godmother of actor Jake Gyllenhaal and his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal.
- Jaime her got her legs insured for $2 million.
- She is one of 20 actresses who did not receive an Oscar nomination after winning Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical Golden Globe.
- Jaime said she will never be in a superhero film because she does not like acting in front of a green screen.
- Despite being in iconic horror movie roles, Jaime does not like watching scary movies because she gets frightened easily.
- Jamie became addicted to Vicodin after being prescribed opiates after minor plastic surgery for her puffy eyes.
The net worth of Jaime Lee Curtis along with her husband is $60 million.
According to some sources, Jamie Curtis was only paid $8000 for her role in the movie Halloween.