Bruce Willis is an actor well-known for portraying hard-edged characters in movies. He has given the industry many hits and his films have grossed more than $2.5 billion worldwide. After struggling through infinite auditions, Willis started getting minor roles in movies, most of which were uncredited. Later, his hard work got noticed by Glenn Gordon Caron who cast him for a lead role in the hit series “Moonlighting”. One of the most favorite actors in the Hollywood film industry, Willis has now said goodbye to the movies owing to major health problems. Find more details about the actor like Bruce Willis’ net worth in 2023, his personal and professional life, some lesser-known facts, and more from this article.
Bruce Willis Net Worth 2023
|Net worth (2023)||$250 million (est.)|
Bruce Willis’ Personal Biography
Bruce Willis was born on March 19, 1955, in Idar-Oberstein, West Germany, to a German mother Marlene, and an American father David Willis. David was an American soldier who later worked as a welder, master mechanic, and factory worker while Marlene worked in a bank. Willis has a younger sister and two younger brothers.
Willis met actress Demi Moore at the premiere of the film Stakeout and they began dating. The couple got married in 1987 and had three daughters. However, they announced their separation in 1998. Willis then got engaged to actress Brooke Burns but they also broke up after a few months. He then married model Emma Heming in 2009 and together they have two daughters.
|Full name||Walter Bruce Willis|
|Years active||1980 – 2023|
|Age||Born on March 19, 1955|
|Place of birth||Idar-Oberstein, West Germany|
|Bruce Willis Spouse||Emma Heming (2009 – present), Demi Moore (1987 – 2000)|
|Parents||Marlene (mother)David Willis (father)|
Willis’ career breakthrough came in 1985 with his role in the television series “Moonlighting”. Not only he gained immense recognition for his role but also won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor. Two years later, he made his film debut with the movie “Blind Date”. He was later cast in the 1988 film “Die Hard” as John McClane which brought him worldwide fame. After the unbelievable success of the movie, Bruce reprised the role in the sequels “Die Hard 2” and “Die Hard with a Vengeance”.
The actor went on to star in different hit movies such as “Pulp Fiction”, “The Sixth Sense”, “Armageddon”, “12 Monkeys”, and many more in the 1990s and early 2000s. In the final years of his career, Bruce starred in many low-budget films and his career started seeing a decline. In 2022, Willis’s family announced his retirement after he was diagnosed with aphasia.
Bruce Willis’ Best Movies
|Movies||Year of release|
|The Sixth Sense||1999|
|The Fifth Element||1997|
|Die Hard with a Vengeance||1995|
|Live Free or Die Hard||2007|
Highest Salaries for Bruce Willis Movies
- Live Free or Die Hard- $25,000,000
- Hart’s War- $22,500,000
- Unbreakable- $20,000,000
- The Kid- $20,000,000
- The Sixth Sense- $20,000,000
- Last Man Standing- $16,500,000
- Die Hard with a Vengeance- $15,000,000
- Armageddon- $14,800,000
- The Last Boy Scout- $14,000,000
- Look Who’s Talking- $10,000,000
Awards won by Bruce Willis
Check below the list of awards won by Bruce Willis in his proud career of more than 40 years.
Golden Globe Awards
- 1987 Best Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical for Moonlighting
People’s Choice Awards
- 1986 Favorite Male Performer in a New Television Program for Moonlighting
- 2000 Favorite Motion Picture Star in a Drama for The Sixth Sense
Primetime Emmy Awards
- 1987 Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Moonlighting
- 2000 Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for Friends
Central Ohio Film Critics Association Awards
- 2013 Best Ensemble for Moonrise Kingdom
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards
- 1999 Favorite Actor – Sci-Fi for Armageddon
- 1999 Favorite Supporting Actor – Suspense for The Siege
- 2000 Favorite Actor – Suspense for The Sixth Sense
Awards Circuit Community Awards
- 1994 Best Cast Ensemble for Pulp Fiction
- Bruce landed the role of John McClane after Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone turned it down.
- Other than aphasia, Bruce is also suffering from frontotemporal dementia.
- He was the eighth-highest-grossing leading actor in 2010.
- Bruce strutted as a child but acting on stage reduced his stutter.
- He supported himself in the early 1980s by working as a bartender
- Willis has won many Raspberry awards which are given for worst performances.
- He owns several small businesses in Idaho.
- The actor enjoyed slight success as a recording artist in the 1980s.
- He performed most of his stunts in Die Hard.
Frequently Asked Questions
$250 million (approx.)
It affects a person’s ability to communicate.
The Sixth Sense ($672.8 million)