Dan Hurley is an American college basketball coach who has a net worth of $15 million. He played college basketball at Seton Hall University and then began his coaching career as an assistant coach at Rutgers University. Currently, he is the head coach of UConn Huskies. Recently, he won a men’s National Collegiate Athletic Association championship with this team.
Throughout his coaching career, Hurley has earned a reputation as a skilled recruiter and a passionate coach who is dedicated to his players’ success. His net worth is proof of his success in the industry. Today, he continues to be a respected figure in college basketball.
Dan Hurley’s Net Worth in 2023
|Full Name||Daniel S. Hurley|
|Net Worth||$15 Million|
Salary and Fees
Dan Hurley is set to earn $2.9 million per year until the 2027 season. This salary is locked up, meaning that Hurley is guaranteed this income for the next several years.
Hurley’s earnings are reflective of his successful coaching career. Prior to joining UConn, he coached at the University of Rhode Island. With Hurley’s impressive track record, it’s no surprise that UConn has secured him as their head coach for the foreseeable future. His salary is a reflection of his value to the team and his ability to lead them to success on the court.
As per his contract, Dan Hurley will have to pay a certain amount to UConn if he decides to leave before 2027. Check the details below.
- Dan Hurley will pay UConn $4.5 Million if he leaves before April 2024.
- The amount will change to $3.5 Million and $2 Million if the coach leaves before April 2025 and April 2026 respectively.
Check richest NBA players in the world
Dan Hurley Biography
Dan Hurley was born on 16th January 1973 in Jersey City, New Jersey. He grew up in a basketball family, with his father Bob Hurley being a legendary high school basketball coach. Dan attended St. Anthony High School where he played basketball under his father’s coaching. He went on to attend Seton Hall University where he played as a point guard for the Seton Hall Pirates.
After graduating from Seton Hall in late 1990, Hurley began his coaching career as an assistant coach at St. Anthony HS. He then moved on to assistant coaching positions at Rutgers University. Dan married his wife Andrea when he was coaching at Rutgers University. Today, Dan Hurley is one of the most respected names in the world of college basketball. His ability to turn an average player into a champion is unmatched and appreciated by everyone.
|Place of Birth||Jersey City|
|Siblings||1 brother and 1 sister|
|Son||Andrew Hurley, and Danny Hurley|
|Height||6 Feet and 1 Inch (185 cm)|
|Weight||79 kg (175 lbs)|
Dan Hurley’s Family
Dan’s family has been a major influence on his success. His father, Bob Hurley is a legendary high school basketball coach. He has been inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and is widely regarded as one of the greatest high school coaches of all time. Bob has been a major influence on Dan’s coaching style and has been a mentor to him throughout his career.
Dan’s older brother, Bobby Hurley, is also a basketball coach. He is currently the head coach of the Arizona State Sun Devils. Bobby was a standout player at Duke University. Bobby has also been a major influence on Dan’s coaching career providing him with advice and support in his career.
Dan’s mother, Christine Hurley is a retired school teacher. She has been a major supporter of Dan and his brothers in their respective basketball careers. She has been a source of encouragement and has been instrumental in helping Dan and his brothers reach their goals.
Wife and Kids
Dan Hurley has been married to his wife Andrea since 1997. The couple has two sons Danny Hurley Jr. and Andrew. Danny Hurley Jr. was born in July 1999 and Andrew was born in January 2002.
Andrew Hurley is a student-athlete at the University of Connecticut. Dan Hurley has spoken publicly about the importance of family and how his wife and children have been a constant source of support throughout his coaching career.
Dan Hurley is having an amazing coaching career in college basketball. He began his coaching career as an assistant coach at St. Anthony HS in 1996. From there, he moved on to become the head coach at St. Benedict’s Preparatory School in Newark, New Jersey, where he won two national championships.
In 2010, Hurley became the head coach at Wagner College where he led the team to their first Northeast Conference championship in school history. He then moved on to the University of Rhode Island in 2012 where he led his team to two NCAA tournament appearances in 2017 and 2018.
Currently, Hurley is the head coach at the University of Connecticut. In his first season with the Huskies, he guided them to a 16-17 record. Hurley’s success as a coach can be attributed to his ability to develop players and create a winning culture within his programs.
|St. Anthony HS||From 1996 to 1997 (Assistant Coach)|
|Rutgers||From 1997 to 2001 (Assistant Coach)|
|St. Benedict’s Prep||From 2001 to 2010|
|Wagner||From 2010 to 2012|
|Rhode Island||From 2012 to 2018|
|UConn Huskies||2018 to present|
Awards and Achievements
Some of the most notable achievements and awards won by Dan Hurley are as follows.
- Guided St. Benedict’s Preparatory School to two national championships.
- Northeast Conference Coach of the Year for Wagner College in 2012.
- Reached 223-23 record for St. Benedict’s Preparatory School.
- Won two NCAA Tournament appearances in 2017 and 2018 with the University of Rhode Island.
- A-10 Coach of the Year – 2018.
5 Reasons to Admire Dan Hurley
Here are 5 things that we all admire and can learn from Dan Hurley.
- Focus on fundamentals: Hurley emphasizes the importance of mastering the basics of basketball such as dribbling, passing, and shooting. He believes that a strong foundation in these skills is essential for success on the court.
- Build a winning culture: Dan has created a culture of excellence on his teams, emphasizing hard work, discipline, and teamwork. He thinks that a positive team culture is essential for achieving success.
- Communicate effectively: He is a skilled communicator who can motivate and inspire his players. He is known for his ability to connect with players on a personal level and create a strong sense of trust and respect.
- Adapt to different situations: Dan Hurley is able to adapt his coaching style to different situations whether it’s adjusting to a new team or responding to changes in the game. He is always looking for ways to improve and stay ahead of the competition.
- Never give up: Hurley is a tenacious coach who never gives up on his players or his team. He believes in the power of hard work and perseverance and encourages his players to keep pushing themselves even when things get tough.
Frequently Asked Questions
Around $15 Million
Yes, Bobby Hurley is the brother of Dan Hurley.
Yes, he has a problem with the herniated disc in his neck.