“Under Shantanu Narayen, Adobe is reaching a new height of success. But, what is the new worth of this exceptional business leader? Go through this post to find out”
Shantanu Narayen is a Businessman, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Adobe. He is named one of the best CEOs in the world by Glassdoor and Fortune. According to sources, Shantanu Narayen net worth is $234 Million. Apart from this, Shantanu holds five patents to his name. This blog post is about the Net worth of Shantanu Narayen in 2023. We will also discuss various other interesting details about his life.
Shantanu Narayen’s Net Worth in 2023
Shantanu Joined Adobe in the year 1998. Since then, he has used his skills and smart decisions to reach the heights of corporate ladders. If we believe the Internet reports from prestigious websites, the Net worth of Shantanu Narayen in 2023 is around $234 Million. Check out a quick introduction to Shantanu Narayen given in the following table.
|Profession||Business Executive and Entrepreneur|
|Date of birth||27th May 1963|
|Title||Chairman and CEO of Adobe|
|Net Worth||$234 Million|
Shantanu Narayen’s Salary and Sources of Income
As the head of the company, Shantanu Narayen is getting the highest salary in Adobe. According to reports, he received $12,228,214 as his salary last year. Please note that this amount is his total compensation which includes his base salary and other benefits. Let’s take a look at the compensation package breakdown of Shantanu Narayen.
|Bonus + Non-Equity Incentive Compensation||$2,160,259|
|Total Cash Compensation||$3,069,842|
|Stock Award Value||$6,490,400|
|Option Award Value||$2,660,286|
As you can see in the salary breakdown, Shantanu Narayen receives millions of dollars in the form of stock awards. So, his compensation keeps on changing depending upon the value of Adobe Inc. share values. Also Check other Richest CEO’s in the World
Shantanu Narayen Biography
Shantanu Narayen was born and brought up in Hyderabad, India. His father used to run a plastics company and his mother used to teach American literature. He also has a brother. Shantanu was a bright student from the start and attended the prestigious Hyderabad Public School.
After Early schooling, he earned a bachelor’s degree in electronics and communication engineering from University College of Engineering, Osmania University in Hyderabad. Then, he moved to the United States and earned a master’s degree in computer science from Bowling Green State University in Ohio in 1986. Later, he went on to get an MBA degree from the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley Check Chris Caldwell Net Worth
Narayen started his professional career in 1986 with a silicon valley startup Measurex Automation Systems. He later joined Apple in 1989 where he held product development roles. After leaving Apple, Shantanu Narayen co-founded Pictra Inc. which is one of the top photo-sharing companies even today. He then joined Adobe in 1998 and went on to replace Bruce Chizen as CEO on 1st December 2007.
|Full Name||Shantanu Narayen|
|Height||5 Feet 6 Inches|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Shantanu Narayen Family
- Father’s Name – Not Known (He is a businessman)
- Mother’s Name – Not Known (American Literature Teacher)
- Siblings – 1 Brother
- Spouse – Reni Narayen
- Children – 2 Sons
- Son – Shravan and Arjun Narayen
- Early Schooling – Hyderabad Public School
- Bachelor of Engineering – Osmania University
- Master of Science (MS) – Bowling Green State University
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – University of California, Berkeley (MBA)
- Engineer – Measurex Automation Systems from 1986 to 1989
- Product Development Staff – Apple from 1989 to 1995
- Director of desktop and collaboration products – Silicon Graphics from 1995 to 1998
- Co-founder – Pictra Inc in 1996
- Senior vice-president of worldwide product development – Adobe from 1998 to 2001
- Executive vice-president of worldwide products – Adobe from 2001 to 2005
- Chief Operating Officer – Adobe from 2005 to 2007
- Chief Executive Officer – Adobe from 2007 to present
Shantanu Narayen Honors and Awards
The difference maker in Shantanu’s story is that he managed to learn and grow despite hard times. He found opportunities and saw them through. Shantanu has received a number of awards for his work. Some of these awards are as follows.
- Honorary Doctorate from Bowling Green State University in May 2011
- Appointment as a member of Management Advisory Board by Barack Obama in 2011
- Ranked 12th in the Fortune’s “Businessperson of the Year” list
- “Global Indian of the Year” in 2018 by The Economic Times of India
- Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2019
Shantanu Narayen’s Wife and Children
Dr. Reni is the wife of Shantanu Narayen. He met her at Bowling Green State University. Reni has a doctorate in clinical psychology. The couple has two sons. The names of Shantanu Narayen’s sons are Shravan and Arjun Narayen. Check Sarah Friar Biography
Frequently Asked Questions
Golf. He is a professional golfer himself.
Yes, he along with Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella invested in Major League Cricket to be hosted by the American Cricket Enterprises (ACE).
Shantanu Narayen is the lead independent director of Pfizer since 2013.
Shantanu Narayen lives in Palo Alto, California.