Jamie Dimon is one of the few bank executives who has been able to achieve the status of a billionaire owing to his immense talent as a banker. Since 2005, he has been the chairman and chief executive officer of JPMorgan Chase. Prior to this, Dimon also has been on the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Not only one of the richest but Jamie is also considered one of the best CEOs in the world. Jamie Dimon net worth in 2023 stands at around $1.8 billion, which he owes largely to his US$485 million stake in JPMorgan Chase. Let us learn more in detail about Jamie Dimon and all the ups and downs faced by the gifted banker in his journey to become a billionaire.
Jamie Dimon Salary & Net Worth 2023
Dimon is a billionaire businessman and banker from America who have had a successful career with well-known banks including Citigroup, Bank One and JPMorgan Chase. He has not just been a part of successful banks but has helped them in becoming one. Jamie has been rewarded well for his hard work and currently owns a net worth of a whopping $1.8 billion. For his role as the CEO and President of JPMorgan Chase, he is getting total compensation of around $31 million.
|Net worth||$1.8 billion (est.)|
|Total compensation||$31 million (est.)|
- JPMorgan Chase run by Jamie Dimon is the largest bank in the US in terms of assets.
- He is a graduate of the prestigious Harvard Business School.
- Dimon’s financial career began at American Express in 1982. He joined JPMorgan Chase in 2004.
- Jamie played a very important role in buffering the bank against the 2008 crash by unloading $12 billion of subprime mortgages in 2006.
- He was a rumored candidate for President Trump’s treasury secretary pick.
Jamie Dimon Personal Biography
Jamie Dimon was born on March 13, 1956, in New York City to Themis and Theodore Dimon. He has two brothers and they belonged to Greek ancestry. His original family name was Papademetriou which was changed by their grandfather to Dimon. Jamie Dimon has a family background in finance which might be what makes him an exceptionally skilled banker. His paternal grandfather was a banker and both his father and grandfather were stockbrokers.
Dimon met Judith Kent at Harvard Business School and they both got married in 1983. the couple together has daughters: Julia, Laura, and Kara Leigh. Julia and Kara graduated from Duke University while Laura went to Barnard College.
|Full name||Jamie Dimon|
|Profession||CEO, businessman, banker|
|Title||Chairman of The Business Roundtable Chairman & CEO of JPMorgan Chase|
|Years active||2005 – present|
|Education||Tufts University (BA), Harvard University (MBA)|
|Place of birth||New York City, US|
|Date of birth||March 13, 1956|
|No. of children||3|
|Residence||New York, New York|
|Parents||Themis Dimon (mother) Theodore Dimon (father)|
Early Career & JPMorgan Chase
In 1985, Dimon, along with Sandy Weill whom he met while working at American Express, took over a consumer finance company named Commercial Credit. Both worked together to turn around the company and after a series of mergers and acquisitions, they both formed a large financial services conglomerate, Citigroup. Citigroup got founded in 1998 and it was only at the end of the year that Dimon was asked to resign by Weill during a weekend executive retreat. Check Here: Elon Musk Net Worth
Dimon became CEO of Bank One in March 2000 and when it was purchased by JPMorgan Chase in 2004, he became president and chief operating officer of the combined company. Jamie was named CEO of JPMorgan Chase on December 31, 2005 and on December 31, 2006, he was named Chairman and President.
Awards and honors
Dimon has received many prestigious awards and accolades for his work in the development of the banking sector as a whole. Some of these accolades are mentioned below:
- Included in The Browning School Athletic Hall of Fame (1994)
- Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement in 2006
- Named The Executives’ Club of Chicago’s International Executive of the Year in 2010.
- National Association of Corporate Directors Directorship 100 (2011)
- Won Intrepid Salute Award in 2012
- Received Americas Society Gold Medal in 2016
- Included in Time magazine’s lists of the world’s 100 most influential people four times (2006, 2008, 2009, and 2011)
Also Read: Alex Gorsky Net Worth
Dimon has been included in the Forbes list twice, once in 2018 and then again in 2022. check the list out.
- #1818 Billionaires (2022)
- #19 Powerful People (2018)
Frequently Asked Questions
$31 million (approx)