Known as a leading man in Hollywood and one of the greatest actors, Will Smith needs no introduction in the entertainment industry. From rapping to acting in movies and television show, Smith has achieved a great deal of success in everything he has tried. For his contribution to the music and cinema industry, Smith has earned nominations for five Golden Globe Awards, two Academy Awards and four Grammy Awards winning one Academy and all four of Grammy awards. Apart from this, he has also accumulated a significant amount over his decades of acting and rapping career. Will Smith net worth 2023 approximately amounts to $350 million making him one of the richest actors in the world.
Will Smith Net Worth 2023
|Net worth (2023)||$350 million (est.)|
|Annual income||$29 million (est.)|
|Fees per movie||$20 million (est.)|
Will Smith Biography
Will Smith was born on 25 September 1968 in Philadelphia to Caroline Bright and Willard Carroll Smith Sr. His mother was a school board administrator and his father was a US Air Force veteran and refrigeration engineer. Smith also has an elder sister Pamela and two younger siblings, twins Harry and Ellen.
Smith married Sheree Zampino in 1992 and together they have a son Willard Carroll Smith III. The two however split in 1995. Smith met actress Jada Koren when she auditioned for a role as Smith’s character’s girlfriend in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and later got married. They practiced open relationship and together the couple has two children, son Jaden Smith and daughter Willow Camille Reign Smith.
|Years active||1985 – present|
|Nickname||The Fresh Prince|
|Date of birth||25 September 1968|
|Spouses||Jada Pinkett Smith (1997 – current) |
Sheree Zampino (1992 – 1995)
|No. of children||3|
Will Smith- Early Life &Career in Hollywood
Smith started his success as a hip hop artist along with his childhood friend Jeffrey Townes and gained immense success. His first success as an actor came with the sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air which revolved around him. First major role of Will Smith at the big screen came from Six Degrees of Separation (1993) and Bad Boys (1995). Bad Boys was a commercial success but it was the movie Independence Day (1996) that established Smith as a prominent actor.
As his career progressed, Smith became a leading man in the movie industry with his rapping and television career thriving side by side. His movies Men in Black (1997), Ali (2001), The Pursuit of Happyness (2006), I Am Legend (2007) and Hancock (2008)all became sensational hits earning both praises and millions on the box office. Will Smith’s latest success was his portrayal of Richard Williams, father and coach of tennis players Venus and Serena Williams in the movie King Richard (2021). Smith also received an Oscar, a Golden Globeand a Screen Actors Guild Award for this movie.
Top Rated Movies of Will Smith
Over the years, Will Smith has worked in many hit movies which are all too much to list. However, we have provided a list of top rated movies in which Smith has worked in:
|Movies||Year of release|
|The Pursuit of Happyness||2006|
|Men in Black||1997|
|Enemy of the State||1998|
|I Am Legend||2007|
|Six Degrees of Separation||1993|
Interesting Facts about Will Smith
Here are some interesting facts related to Will Smith that you probably didn’t know:
- Will Smith becomes the first hip-hop artist to be nominated for an Academy Award.
- Smith is a huge fan of professional wrestling.
- He was a millionaire before he turned 20 thanks to his super successful rapping career.
- Smith also earned his first Grammy award before turning 20 in 1988.
- The scene from Pursuit of Happyness with the Rubik cube was not fake and Will can surely Solve A Rubik’s Cube In Under A Minute.
- He got into controversy recently when he slapped presenter Chris Rock at the 94th Academy Awards.
- His movies have made almost $9.3 billion worldwide with Aladdin (2019) alone grossing $1.9 billion on the screen.
- Smith’s first Grammywin came for the song ‘Parents Just Don’t Understand’ in the best rap performance.
- Smith may hold a record for giving back to back $100 million movies for 8 consecutive movies
- From Men in Black II (2002) to Hancock (2008), 8 consecutive Will Smith’s movies have grossed $100 million on the box office.
Famous Quotes by Will Smith
Below we have mentioned a few inspirational quotes by one of the greatest Hollywood actors, Will Smith:
- “I really believe that a man and a woman together, raising a family, is the purest form of happiness we can experience.”
- “Don’t let failure go to your heart and don’t let success go to your head.”
- “Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.”
- “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”
- “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.”
Will Smith Net Worth over 5 years
Here are the net worth growth of Will Smith for the past 5 years:
Recent Controversy of Will Smith
Will Smith made headline in the media when he slapped comedian Chris Rock on the face at the 94th Academy Awards.Rock was presenting the award for Best Documentary Feature when he made a joke about the bald head of Jada Pinkett Smith (Will’s wife). She was disappointed with the joke and this made Will walk on the stage and slap Chris Rock right in the face. After winning the Academy later that evening, Smith issued an apology to Rock and the Academy through social media. However, Will had to resign his Academy membership and was also banned from attending any Academy award events for 10 years.
Aladdin (2019) – $1.05 Billion