Neal Mohan has become the new CEO of YouTube replacing Susan Wojcicki. He is an American business executive who previously served as Chief Product Officer of YouTube.
“Today, after nearly 25 years at @Google, I’m stepping back to start a new chapter. I’m inspired every day by creators around the world who bring people together on @YouTube. It’s been an honor to have a front row seat to this incredible community.”- Susan Wojcicki shared on Twitter, February 16, 2023
Replying to this, Neal Mohan said on Twitter,
“Thank you, @SusanWojcicki. It’s been amazing to work with you over the years. You’ve built YouTube into an extraordinary home for creators and viewers. I’m excited to continue this awesome and important mission. Looking forward to what lies ahead…”
After completing his graduation in 1996, Neal Mohan started working at Accenture and later joined Google in 2007.
After joining YouTube as its CEO, Neal Mohan is also joining the rising list of Indian-origin top CEOs of US-based global giants with Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai, Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen, and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.
Neal Mohan Net Worth 2023
According to a report published on Firstpost, Google gave Neal Mohan a $100 million bonus in 2013 for not accepting a position at Twitter.
|Full Name||Neal Mohan|
|Designation||CEO of YouTube|
|Born on||Either in the year 1975 or 1976|
|Place of Birth||India|
|Father’s Name||Information not available|
|Mother’s Name||Information not available|
|Brother||Information not available|
|Sister||Information not available|
|Wife name||Hema Sareen Mohan|
|No. of Children||Information not available|
|Age||47 to 48 years|
Neal Mohan is an Indian American who was born either in 1975 or 1976. The details regarding his father, mother, brother, father, and children are not disclosed.
He graduated in 1996 from Stanford University with a degree in electrical engineering. Later, he acquired a MBA degree from Stanford University Graduate School of Business in 2005.
Coming to his personal life, he married to Hema Sareen Mohan. Hema Sareen Mohan used to work for non-profit and public welfare sectors where he served for around two decades. The couple got married when Neal Mohan was in New York working for DoubleClick.
Neal Mohan Career Overview
Susan Wojcicki resigned from her position after working for 9 years as CEO of YouTube. According to Wojcicki, Neal has an amazing sense of product, business, and user communities and he will be a wonderful leader for YouTube.
Before joining as CEO of YouTube, Neal Mohan has worked for many top organizations and here is the quick overview of his career:
1. After graduating from Stanford University, he joined Accenture. However, later in 1997, he joined a startup Net Gravity that was later acquired by an American advertising company DoubleClick. Neal worked amazingly in Net Gravity expended the company’s operation and its prominence.
2. After the acquisition of Net Gravity by DoubleClick, he moved to the company’s headquarters in New York from California. Later, he became the vice president of business operations and then headed back to Stanford University in 2003 to pursue his MBA degree.
3. DoubleClick was later acquired by Google on April 13, 2007 for US$3.1 Billion. Mohan played a key role during the integration process and he officially joined Google in 2007. Before moving to YouTube, he served as senior vice president of display and video ads at Google.
4. He joined YouTube as Chief Product Officer in 2015. During his tenure, he set up many big releases of the company including YouTube Shorts, YouTube Premium, YouTube TV, and YouTube Music. When Shorts was launched in September 2020, TikTok’s rapid adoption was one of the biggest threats to YouTube. Initially, YouTube Shorts started getting 3.5 billion views per day which is now increased to 30 billion views a day.
5. As Chief Product Officer of YouTube, he actually developed a “top-notch product and UX team,” within the company.
6. Neal Mohan also worked with Microsoft. He is also in the boards of Stich Fix and 23andMe. Stich Fix is a noted online personal styling service, while 23andMe is a personal genomics and biotechnology company.
7. He was also in the boards of directors of the Mobile Marketing Association (from 2012 to 2015) and the Internet Advertising Bureau (from 2012 to 2016).
He is the current CEO of YouTube.
47 to 48 years
She wants to focus on her family, health, and personal projects.
Estimated $765 million last year, she served as YouTube CEO from 2014 to 2023.