Reincarnation is one of the beliefs in the Hindu culture. Mohini Ekadashi is one of the important tithis that has a great significance for Hindus. It is believed that you can get rid of all your sins committed in the previous life. This Ekadashi occurs during the month of Shukla Paksha of Vaisakha. This ekadashi vrat is observed by Hindus all over India. In the year 2023, Mohini Ekadashi will be celebrated on 1st May 2023.
During this day, people observe fast and remain without food the whole day. The Lord Vishnu is worshipped on this vrat. People start preparing for this vrat on the previous day i.e. on Dashami. In this post, we are providing details related to the Gauna Mohini Ekadashi 2023.
Gauna Mohini Ekadashi 2023 Date
|Name of Ekadashi||Gauna Mohini Ekadashi
|Also known as||Mohini Ekadashi Vrat 2023|
|Date||1st May 2023|
Mohini Ekadashi 2023 Date and Time
According to the Hindu calendar, Mohini Ekadashi is celebrated on Shukla Paksh in the month of Vaisakha. The Shubh Muhurat for Mohini Ekadashi in the year 2023 is given below.
- Date: 1st May 2023
- Day: Monday
- Mohini Ekadashi Ekadashi Tithi Begins: 08:28 PM on April 30, 2023
- Mohini Ekadashi Ekadashi Tithi Ends: 10:09 PM on May 01, 2023
Importance of Gauna Mohini Ekadashi 2023?
In the Hindu culture, Mohini Ekadashi is considered very important. It is believed that this Ekadashi brings a lot of good fortune. Those who fast on this tithi get the benefit of peace, wealth, and health. It is believed that Lord Ram who was suffering due to the absence of Mata Sita also observed the fast of this Ekadashi.
Apart from this, King Yudhishthira also observed this fast during the Mahabharata period to get rid of their suffering.
There is a story behind the celebration of Gauna Mohini. On the mesmerizing banks of Saraswati river, there is a beautiful city called Bhadravati. There, a king named Dhritimana, who was born in the Chandra dynasty was ruling. In the same city, there lived a Vaishya who was rich in wealth, his name was Dhanapala, he was always engaged in re-work, used to make pousala (pyu), well, monastery, garden, pokhara and house for others. He was a devotee of Lord Vishnu. He had five sons i.e. Sumna, Dyutiman, Medhavi, Sukrat, and Drashtbuddhi.
Drashtbuddhi was the fifth son. He was always involved in sins. He had a great attachment to gambling and other miseries. He was always eager to meet prostitutes and wasting the father’s money on the path of injustice. One day his father got fed up and drove him out of the house and he wandered here and there. This way, distraught with hunger and thirst, he reached the ashram of Maharishi Koundinya.
Suffering from the weight of grief, he went to Munivar Koundinya and folded his hands and said: ‘Brahman! Twilight! Pity me and tell me a fast, whose virtue can be liberated from me. ‘ Koundinya said: In the Shukla Paksha of Vaishakh, observe the fast of the famous Ekadashi named ‘Mohini’. Fasting ‘Mohini’ also destroys horrors like Meru Parvat done for many births of beings. ‘ Hearing this word of the Muni, the mind of Drashtbuddhi was pleased.
Mohini Ekadashi Worship process
The puja vidhi of Mohini Ekadashi is given below.
- On the day of Mohini Ekadashi, people should wake up early morning and clean their houses.
- Then, you should take a bath and wear clean clothes and take the resolution of the fast.
- After that, you must light a diya in front of the idol, photo or calendar of the lord Vishnu.
- You must note sleep at night. Instead, you should do bhajan or kirtan of the god.
- Next day, on the day of prana, you must feed a brahman or poor and give them dakshina.
- After that, you should take food and water.
Rules of Gauna Mohini Ekadashi
During the vrat of Gauna Mohini Ekadashi, you should keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, make sure you have food in utensils of bronze only.
- You should not eat non-veg, masoor dal, chane and honey on the mohini Ekadashi.
- You must not play gambling on the date of Gauna Mohini Ekadashi 2023.
- It is also advised that you should avoid eating paan or do datun on this date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gauna Mohini Ekadashi in 2023 falls on Monday, 1st May 2023.
It will start at 08:28 PM on April 30, 2023.
2nd May 2023, 05:40 AM to 08:19 AM