To raise awareness against a disease or an environmental issue or to commemorate the work of honorable people around the world, important days are observed. Every month of a year has many such days, including July. There are several important days and dates in July 2023 to be observed. These days are observed with a significant purpose every year.
The knowledge about the significant days and dates is considered good to have and is necessary for those who wish to appear in the competitive exams. In this article, a list of special days in July 2023 has been provided that might be observed globally (by the whole world) or nationally (by a particular country).
Special Days in July 2023
|July 2023 Special Days||Date|
|1st of July||Doctor’s Day, International Joke Day, Chartered Accountants Day, GST Day|
|2nd of July||World Sports Journalists Day, World UFO Day|
|3rd of July||International Plastic Bag Free Day|
|4th of July||USA Independence Day|
|6th of July||World Zoonoses Day|
|7th of July||World Chocolate Day|
|10th of July||Nikola Tesla Day|
|11th of July||World Population Day|
|12th of July||Paper Bag Day|
|14th of July||Bastille Day|
|15th of July||World Youth Skills Day|
|15th of July||Social Media Giving Day|
|17th of July||World Day for International Justice, World Emoji Day|
|18th of July||Nelson Mandela International Day|
|20th Of July||International Chess Day, International Moon Day|
|23rd of July||National Broadcasting Day|
|24th of July||Income Tax Day|
|26th of July||Kargil Vijay Diwas|
|28th of July||World Hepatitis Day, World Nature Conservation Day|
|29th of July||International Tiger Day|
|30th of July||International Friendship Day|
|31st of July||World Ranger Day|
Important Dates in July 2023 List
In the month of July, a number of significant days are observed that may be of national or global significance. Some major days include Doctor’s Day, World Population Day, World Day for International Justice, etc that falls in the month of July every year. Check out the list of Important Day & Dates in July 2023 presented below along with a little knowledge regarding them.
July 1, 2023- Doctors’ Day (India)
Every year India celebrates Doctor’s Day on July 1st commemorating the great physician, freedom fighter and politician Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy. This day marks his birth anniversary and incidentally he died on the same date as well (different year though). To honor him and all the doctors who put our life before theirs, this day began to be observed as Doctors’ Day.
July 2, 2023- World UFO Day
World UFO Day is observed to raise awareness among people regarding the myths they have related to UFOs and provide them with the right knowledge about them. On this day, people gather together and watch the skies for UFOs (unidentified flying objects).
July 4, 2023- Independence Day (United States)
Every year, 4th of July is observed as Independence Day in the United States and marks the freedom of America from the rule of Britishers. The day is celebrated with fireworks, carnivals, picnics, social gatherings etc and is a national holiday in the US.
July 6, 2023- World Zoonoses Day
To raise awareness among people regarding the zoonotic diseases, World Zoonoses Day is observed every year on July 6. This day also honors biologist Louis Pasteur, who developed a successful vaccine against zoonoses on this day. Zoonoses (singular Zoonosis) are infectious disease caused by vertebrate animals.
July 7, 2023- World Chocolate Day
World Chocolate Day or International Chocolate Day or simply Chocolate Day is observed every year on 7th of July. To celebrate this day, people prepare different items from chocolate and sit back and enjoy the delectable taste of chocolate.
July 10, 2023- Nikola Tesla Day
Nikola Tesla was an electrical engineer, mechanical engineer and a renowned inventor known for his design of alternating current (AC) electricity supply system. His birth anniversary every year is celebrated as Nikola Tesla day and commemorates the contributions he made in the field of physics.
July 11, 2023- World Population Day
To raise awareness against the rising population and the issues arising due to it such as poverty, environmental degradation, etc, it was decided that every year July 11 will be observed as World Population Day.
July 12, 2023- Paper Bag Day
Every year, July 12 is celebrated as Paper Bag Day in India to raise awareness among people about the risk of using plastic bags and encourage them to use paper bags instead. The main aim to observe this day is to decrease the environmental risks caused due to presence of plastic.
July 15, 2023- World Youth Skills Day
Every year World Youth Skills Day is celebrated on 15 July to recognize the importance of developing skills in the youth so that better employment opportunities are created for them. A new theme is decided every year to celebrate this day.
July 17, 2023- World Day for International Justice
Also called as Day of International Criminal Justice or International Justice Day, World Day for International Justice is observed globally on July 17. Many events are organized on this day to promote international criminal justice
July 18, 2023- Nelson Mandela International Day
Nelson Mandela International Day or simply Mandela Day is celebrated internationally every year on 18 July which also marks his birth anniversary. Every five years, Nelson Mandela Prize is awarded on this day to those who dedicated their lives to the service of humanity.
July 22, 2023- Pi Approximation Day
Pi Approximation Day is observed every year on July 22nd as the approximate value of pi is 22/ 7. Therefore on the 22nd day of the 7th month, i.e., 22/7, Pi Approximation Day or Casual Pi day is observed.
July 26, 2023- Kargil Vijay Diwas (Kargil Victory Day)
26th of July marks the victory of Indian army over Pakistan in the Kargil War fought from May to July 1999. On this day, India was able to successfully gain control of the high outposts which was taken over by Pakistan through incorrect means.
July 28, 2023- World Hepatitis Day
World Hepatitis Day is observed on July 28 every year with the aim to raise global awareness of hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E. World Hepatitis Day is one of eleven official global public health campaigns carried out by the World Health Organization.
July 29, 2023- International Tiger Day
To raise awareness against decreasing population of tigers and how to conserve them, International Tiger Day is celebrated annually on 29 July. This day is observed all around the world and many events based on conservation of tigers are organized for celebrating it.
List of Special Days and Dates in July 2023
Apart from the ones listed above, there are many other significant days in July 2023. A list of these days along with the date on which they will be observed has been presented below. Check it out.
- 1 July 2023- National Postal Worker Day, Canada Day, Chartered Accountant’s Day (India), National Postage Stamp Day (US), Van Mahotsav (India), Communist Party of China Founding Day (China), Independence Day (Burundi, Rwanda, Somalia), Moving Day (Canada), Sir Seretse Khama Day (Botswana), Armed Forces Day (Singapore), International Tartan Day, Republic Day (Ghana), Territory Day (British Virgin Islands), Children’s Day (Pakistan), Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day (China), Day of Officials and Civil Servants (Hungary), Engineer’s Day (Mexico), National Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day (US), July Morning (Bulgaria), Newfoundland and Labrador Memorial Day, Emancipation Day (Netherlands Antilles), Keti Koti (Emancipation Day) (Suriname), National Gingersnap Day (US), Madeira Day (Portugal)
- 2 July 2023- National Anisette Day, Flag Day (Netherlands), Police Day (Azerbaijan), Palio di Provenzano (Italy)
- 3 July 2023- National Fried Clam Day (US), Emancipation Day (US Virgin Islands), Independence Day (Belarus)
- 4 July 2023- Republic Day (Philippines), Liberation Day (Northern Mariana Islands, Rwanda), Birthday of Queen Sonja (Norway), Dree Festival (India), Independence Day (Abkhazia, US)
- 5 July 2023- Independence Day (Algeria, Cape Verde, Venezuela), Armed Forces Day (Venezuela), Emancipation Day (US), Saints Cyril and Methodius Feast Day (Slovakia), Constitution Day (Armenia), Bloody Thursday (International Longshore and Warehouse Union)
- 6 July 2023- Teachers’ Day (Peru), Kupala Night (Poland, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine), Constitution Day (Cayman Islands), Independence Day (Comoros), Day of the Capital (Kazakhstan), Jan Hus Day (Czech Republic), National Fried Chicken Day (US), Statehood Day (Lithuania), Independence Day/ Republic Day (Malawi)
- 7 July 2023- Tanabata (Japan), Ivan Kupala Day (Belarus, Poland, Russia, Ukraine), Saba Saba Day (Tanzania), Independence Day (Solomon Islands)
- 8 July 2023– Peter and Fevronia Day (Russian Orthodox), Air Force and Air Defense Forces Day (Ukraine)
- 9 July 2023- Day of the Employees of the Diplomatic Service (Azerbaijan), Constitutionalist Revolution Day (Sao Paulo), Nunavut Day (Nunavut), Arbor Day (Cambodia), Independence Day (Argentina, South Sudan), Constitution Day (Australia, Palau)
- 10 July 2023- Eid-al-Adha, Hisoka Day (Japan), Armed Forces Day (Mauritania), Independence Day (Bahamas), Statehood Day (Wyoming), Beatles Day (Liverpool, Hamburg)
- 11 July 2023- World Population Day, National 7-Eleven Day, Eleventh Night (Northern Ireland), Imamat Day (Isma’ilism), National Maritime Day (China), Gospel Day (Kiribati), Day of the Flemish Community (Flemish Community of Belgium)
- 12 July 2023- National Simplicity Day (US), Independence Day (Kiribati, Sao Tome and Principe), Birthday of the Heir to the Crown of Tonga (Tonga), Orangemen’s Day (Northern Ireland, Newfoundland, Labrador), Malala Day
- 13 July 2023- Statehood Day (Montenegro)
- 14 July 2023- Republic Day (Iraq), Hondurans’ Day (Honduras), Bastille Day (France), Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden (Sweden)
- 15 July 2023- Festival of Santa Rosalia (Sicily), Bon Festival (Kanto region, Japan), Sultan’s Birthday (Brunei Darussalam), Elderly Men Day (Kiribati)
- 16 July 2023- Holocaust Memorial Day (France), Engineer’s Day (Honduras)
- 17 July 2023- Constitution Day (Finland), International Firgun Day
- 18 July 2023- Constitution Day (Uruguay)
- 19 July 2023- Martyrs’ Day (Burma), Liberation Day (Nicaragua)
- 20 July 2023- World Chess Day, Tree Planting Day (Central African Republic), Engineer’s Day (Costa Rica), Dia del Amigo (Argentina), Lempira’s Day (Honduras), Independence Day (Colombia), International Moon Day
- 21 July 2023- Racial Harmony Day (Singapore), Belgian National Day
- 22 July 2023– Foundation Day in Cleveland
- 23 July 2023– Renaissance Day (Oman), Birthday of Haile Selassie (Rastafari), Flag Day (Abkhazia), National Remembrance Day (Papua New Guinea), Children’s Day (Indonesia), Revolution Day (Egypt), National Hot Dog Day (US)
- 24 July 2023- National Thermal Engineer Day (US), Navy Day (Venezuela), Simon Bolivar Day (Ecuador, Venezuela, Colombia, Bolivia), Pioneer Day (US), Children’s Day (Vanuatu), National Parent’s Day (US) (Fourth Sunday of July)
- 25 July 2023- Puerto Rico Constitution Day, Revolution Day (Egypt), Guanacaste Day (Costa Rica), National Day of Galicia (Spain), Republic Day (Tunisia), National Baha’i Day (Jamaica), World Drowning Prevention Day
- 26 July 2023- Day of National Significance (Barbados), Independence Day (Liberia, Maldives), Day of the National Rebellion (Cuba)
- 27 July 2023- Martyrs and Wounded Soldiers Day (Vietnam), Iglesia ni Cristo Day (the Philippines), Day of Victory in the Great Fatherland Liberation War (North Korea), National Sleepy Head Day (Finland), Jose Celso Barbosa Day (Puerto Rico), National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day (US)
- 28 July 2023- Liberation Day (San Marino), Olavsoka Eve (Faroe Islands), Fiestas Patrias (Peru), Day of Commemoration of the Great Upheaval (Canada), World Nature Conservation Day, National Refreshment Day (Fourth Thursday in July)
- 29 July 2023– National Thai Language Day (Thailand), National Anthem Day (Romania), System Administrator Appreciation Day (Last Friday in July)
- 30 July 2023- Independence Day (Vanuatu), Dia del Amigo (Paraguay), Martyrs Day (South Sudan), Feast of the Throne (Morocco), End Human Trafficking Day
- 31 July 2023- Ka Hae Hawaiʻi Day (US), Martyrdom Day of Shahid Udham Singh (India), Warriors’ Day (Malaysia), Treasury Day (Poland), Saint Ignatius of Loyola
July 11, 2023
July 12, 2023
July 28, 2023
11th of July
2 thoughts on “Important Days in July 2023: Special National and International Days”
Today is doctors day.
Education is every one’s right to have. Mostly right from childhood. There are many African & Indian villages become distant dream. I request you to explore the importance of education.
Please email me before month come. Thank you.