International days in November 2023 includes- World vegan day, National career awareness day, World pneumonia day, world kindness day, and many others.
Knowledge about important days or events is helpful in creating awareness about important topics of national and international concern. Other than this, important days and dates play a significant part of syllabus of various competitive exams as well. The month of November observes a number of such days, a list of which has been discussed below in this article. Keep reading the article for more information on the Important Days in November 2023.
Special Days & Dates in November 2023
November is the eleventh and the second last month of the year and observes some important days most of which are of global significance. A list comprising of such important and special days & dates in November 2023 has been provided below. Please note that some of the days are are of national importance as well.
World Vegan Day– 1st November 2023
To make people aware of the benefits of veganism for humans and the natural environment, the World Vegan Day is celebrated every year on November 1. This day is celebrated in many countries by means of activities such as setting up stalls, hosting potlucks, etc.
World Tsunami Awareness Day- 5th November 2023
Every year, 5th November is celebrated as World Tsunami Awareness Day with the aim to keep people aware and help them prepare against tsunami. Although, tsunamis do not occur very frequently, but preparedness can be effective in case they hit as they can sometimes be very dangerous.
International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict- 6th November 2023
To prevent the exploitation of natural resources and use them in any way for war related activities, the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict is observed every year on November 6. it is also known as World Day to Protect the Environment in War.
National Cancer Awareness Day (India)- 7th November 2023
To raise the awareness of cancer among people and to familiarize them with the ways for their prevention, detection and treatment, National Cancer Awareness Day is observed every year 7th of November.
World Pneumonia Day– 12th November 2023
Every year on 12th November, World Pneumonia Day is observed with the aim to raise awareness regarding pneumonia and how it can be prevented or treated. The day is observed in many countries and millions of people join the fight against pneumonia every year.
World Kindness Day– 13th November 2023
To honor those who perform good deeds for making the society better place and who shower kindness irrespective of caste, religion or any other barriers, the World Kindness Day is observed every year on 13th November.
Children’s Day (India)– 14th November 2023
Children’s Day (India) is celebrated in India on 14th of November every year and marks the birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Pandit Nehru had great affection towards children and was famously called as Chacha Nehru among them. It is therefore his birth anniversary is observed as Children’s Day. Many educational and cultural events are held in various schools on this day.
International Day for Tolerance- 16th November 2023
To make people aware of the dangers of intolerance, the International Day for Tolerance is observed worldwide every year on 16th November. Different events take place in different parts of world to celebrate this day.
National Epilepsy Day (India)- 17th November 2023
Epilepsy is a chronic brain disorder that results in recurrent seizures caused due to sudden, excessive electrical discharges in the neurons. To make people more familiar about this disease and its treatment, National Epilepsy Day is observed in India every year on 17 November.
Women’s Entrepreneurship Day- 19th November 2023
To honor the hard work of women entrepreneurs and to encourage more women to be entrepreneurs, the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is observed globally on 19 November. The day was founded by American author and television personality, Wendy Diamond in the year 2014.
World Children’s Day- 20th November 2023
World Children’s Day or Universal Children’s Day is observed by the United Nations on 20 November every year with the aim to protect and promote children’s right and to draw people’s attention towards the global issues faced by the children.
World Television Day– 21st November 2023
The World Television Day is observed every year on 21 November and commemorates the date on which the first World Television Forum was held in 1996. The aim is not to promote televisions but to the role it plays in media and communication.
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women- 25th November 2023
To raise awareness regarding violence against women in form of rape, domestic violence and others, the United nation observes November 25 as International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. Many countries participate in this event and draw new safety measures for protection of women.
Constitution Day (India)- 26th November 2023
Constitution Day, also known as National Law Day, is observed on 26 November every year to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India in the year 1949. The Constitution came into effect on 26 January 1950 and this day is observed as Republic Day of India.
Other Significant Dates in November 2023
Apart from the ones mentioned above, there are other important days observed in November as well. A list of other important days for November 2023 (after excluding the days discussed above) has been provided below.
- November 1, 2023: Melbourne Cup Day, Liberty Day (US), Chavang Kut (Northeast India, Bangladesh, Burma), Andhra Pradesh Formation Day (India), Independence Day (Antigua, Barbuda), Anniversary of the Revolution (Algeria), Calan Gaeaf (Wales), All Saints’ Day, Coronation of the fifth Druk Gyalpo (Bhutan), Haryana Foundation Day (India), International Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Awareness Day, Karnataka Foundation Day (Karnataka, India), Day of the Dead, first day: Day of the Innocents (Mexico), Kerala Foundation Day (India), Self-Defense Forces Commemoration Day (Japan), National Awakening Day (Bulgaria)
- November 2, 2023: Indian Arrival Day (Mauritius), Dziady (Belarus), All Souls’ Day (Roman Catholic Church and Anglican Communion), Statehood Day (North Dakota and South Dakota, US), Coronation of Haile Selassie (Rastafari), Day of the Dead, second day (Mexico), International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists (United Nations)
- November 3, 2023: Independence Day of Cuenca (Ecuador), Culture Day (Japan), Victory Day (Maldives), Independence Day (Dominica, Micronesia, Panama), International Stout Day (First Thursday of November)
- November 4, 2023: National Tonga Day (Tonga), Community Service Day (Dominica), Unity Day (Russia), Yitzhak Rabin Memorial (Israel), Flag Day (Panama), National Unity and Armed Forces Day (Italy)
- November 5, 2023: Kanakadasa Jayanthi (India), National Love Your Red Hair Day (Ireland), Bank Transfer Day (US), West Country Carnival (English West Country), Colon Day (Panama)
- November 6, 2023: Green March (Morocco), Constitution Day (Dominican Republic), Finnish Swedish Heritage Day (Finland), Gustavus Adolphus Day (Sweden, Finland, Estonia), Arbor Day (Republic of Congo), Malaria Day in the Americas
- November 7, 2023: International Inuit Day, Hungarian Opera Day (Hungary), Commemoration Day (Tunisia), Tokhu Emong (India), National Day (Northern Catalonia, France), October Revolution Day (Belarus, Transnistria), Infant Protection Day
- November 8, 2023: World Radiography Day, Intersex Day of Remembrance, Statehood Day (Montana, US)
- November 9, 2023: Independence Day (Cambodia), National Legal Services Day (India)
- November 10, 2023: World Keratoconus Day, National Heroes Day (Indonesia), Commemoration of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (Turkey)
- November 11, 2023: Independence Day (Angola, Poland), Remembrance Day (Canada), Statehood day of Washington State (US), Veterans Day (US), National Education Day (India)
- November 12, 2023: Father’s Day (Indonesia), National Youth Day (East Timor), Birthday of Sun Yat-Sen, also Doctors’ Day and Cultural Renaissance Day (Taiwan), National Health Day (Indonesia), Constitution Day (Azerbaijan)
- November 13, 2023: Sadie Hawkins Day (US)
- November 14, 2023: World Diabetes Day
- November 15, 2023: National Peace Day (Ivory Coast)
- November 16, 2023: Statehood Day (Oklahoma, US)
- November 17, 2023: World Prematurity Day, World Philosophy Day (United Nations) (Third Thursday of November)
- November 18, 2023: World Vasectomy Day, Proclamation Day of the Republic of Latvia (Latvia), Remembrance Day of the Sacrifice of Vukovar in 1991 (Croatia), Independence Day (Morocco), National Day (Oman), Day of Army and Victory (Haiti), National Vichyssoise Day (US), National Apple Cider Day (US), International Stand Up to Bullying Day (Third Friday of November)
- November 19, 2023: International Men’s Day, World Toilet Day, Day of Discovery of Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico), Monaco National Day (Monaco), Day of Missile Forces and Artillery (Russia, Belarus), Flag Day (Brazil), Carbonated Beverage with Caffeine Day (US), Garifuna Settlement Day (Belize)
- November 20, 2023: Day of National Sovereignty (Argentina), Revolution Day (Mexico), Black Awareness Day (Brazil), Teachers’ Day (Vietnam), Africa Industrialization Day, Royal Thai Navy Day (Thailand), Children’s Day, Transgender Day of Remembrance, Dia de la Revolucion (Mexico), World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (United Nations) (Third Sunday of November)
- November 21, 2023: Statehood Day (North Carolina, US)
- November 22, 2023: Independence Day (Lebanon)
- November 23, 2023: Labor Thanksgiving Day (Japan), Rudolf Maister Day (Slovenia), St George’s Day (Georgia), Repudiation Day (Frederick County, Maryland, US)
- November 24, 2023: Evolution Day, Teachers’ Day (Turkey), Lachit Divas (Assam, India), Thanksgiving (United States) (Fourth Thursday of November)
- November 25, 2023: Evacuation Day (New York) (US), Blase Day, Vajiravudh Day (Thailand), National Parfait Day (US), St Catherine’s Day, Independence Day (Suriname), National Day (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Teachers’ Day or Hari Guru (Indonesia)
- November 26, 2023: Republic Day (Mongolia), Ace Visibility Day, Constitution Day (Abkhazia, Georgia), National Cake Day (US)
- November 27, 2023: Guru Nanak Jayanti, Maaveerar Day (Tamil Eelam), Teacher’s Day (Spain), National Bavarian Cream Pie Day (US), Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (Roman Catholic)
- November 28, 2023: Independence Day (Albania)
- November 29, 2023: Unity Day (Vanuatu), International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People (United Nations), William Tubman’s Birthday (Liberia), Republic Day (Yugoslavia), Liberation Day (Albania)
- November 30, 2023: Bonifacio Day (Philippines), St Andrews Day (official national holiday in Scotland)
November 18, 2023
November 20, 2023
November 21, 2023