You may or mayn’t know about all important days in April 2023. Dates of few special days in April are fixed, while others are observed on a different date every year. We have prepared a combined list of all national and international special days in April month.
In the Gregorian calendar, April is the fourth month of the year and observes a number of festivals, holidays and other significant days. Important holidays such as Good Friday, Easter, Ambedkar Jayanti, Rama Navami, etc are observed in the month of April only. Other than this, there are many other events related to different countries all around the world that occur in the month of April. Let us check out about the different important days in April 2023 along with the dates on which they are going to be observed.
Important and Special Days in April 2023
Here you can check the list of famous days in April:
|April 1||April Fool Day Odisha Day|
|April 2||World Autism Awareness Day|
|April 4||International Day of Mine Awareness, Mahavir Jayanti|
|April 5||National Maritime Day|
|April 6||Maundy Thursday|
|April 7||Good Friday, World Health Day|
|April 10||World Homoeopathy Day, Siblings Day|
|April 11||National Safe Motherhood Day, National Pet Day|
|April 12||International Day of Human Space Flight|
|April 13||Jallianwala Bagh Massacre Day|
|April 14||Ambedkar Jayanti, Baisakhi, Puthandu|
|April 15||World Art Day|
|April 17||World Haemophilia Day|
|April 18||World Heritage Day|
|April 21||National Civil Service Day|
|April 22||World Earth Day|
|April 23||World Book and Copyright Day|
|April 24||National Panchayati Raj Day|
|April 25||World Malaria Day|
|April 26||World Intellectual Property Day|
|April 28||World Day for Safety and Health at Work|
|April 29||International Dance Day|
|April 30||World Veterinary Day|
Special Days in April List
The month of April has many important and special days, both of national and international significance. Check our here a little detail about these dates so that you do not miss out on any important festival or awareness day.
April Fools’ Day on 1 April
First day of the month observes April Fools’ Day which is the day of making practical jokes and shouting April Fool once the joke reveals. People play harmless pranks on their friends or family on April Fool’s Day.
World Autism Awareness Day on 2 April
To raise awareness among people, World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year on 2 April. This day is observed as one of the seven official United Nations days and brings many organization working against this disease all over the world.
National Maritime Day (India) on 5 April
5 April 2023 will be celebrated as National Maritime Day in India. This day commemorates the journey of the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd, oldest shipping company of India) to United Kingdom.
International Day of Sport for Development and Peace on 6 April
Believing that sport has the power to bring peace and understanding along with community development, 6 April is observed every year as International Day of Sport for Development and Peace.
World Health Day on 7 April
Many organizations in the world including the World Health Organization (WHO) observe 7 April as World Health Day. Major health related issues that are of global concern are addressed by various governments and non-governmental organizations.
National Safe Motherhood Day (India) on 11 April
Pregnancy and childbirth are some sensitive issues in India and a lot of women put their life at risk to bring a new life in this world. To raise awareness regarding the betterment of condition of women during pregnancy, National Safe Motherhood Day is observed every on 11 April 2023 in India.
International Day of Human Space Flight on 12 April
12 April marks the anniversary of the first human space flight by Yuri Gagarin (USSR) and is celebrated as International Day of Human Space Flight.
Jallianwala Bagh Massacre Day on 13 April
Also known as Amritsar Massacre, Jallianwala Bagh Massacre took on 13 April 1919 when Brigadier-General Reginald Dyer ordered an open fire on a crowd of unarmed Indian civilians in Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab.
Ambedkar Jayanti on 14 April
Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrated every year in India and marks the birth anniversary of first Minister of Law and Justice of independent India. It is also a public holiday in more than 25 states and union territories of India.
World Haemophilia Day on 17 April
To increase awareness of Hemophilia, World Haemophilia Day is observed every year on 17 April by different organizations all over the world. Hemophilia is disorder (mostly genetic) that prevents the normal formation of blood clot in body.
World Heritage Day on 18 April
International Day For Monuments and Sites or World Heritage Day is observed internationally on 18 April every year. The aim behind this day is to promote awareness about the diversity of cultural heritage.
National Civil Service Day (India) on 21 April
On April 21 1947, India gained total control over the Indian Civil Services from the British India. This day is celebrated as National Civil Service Day every year in India. officers of Central and State Governments are honored for their service made to public administration.
World Earth Day on 22 April
To gather focus and attention to the planet Earth and its environment, it was decided to observe Earth Day. Therefore, every year 22 April came to be celebrated as Earth Day internationally. The first Earth Day was observed in the year 1970.
World Book and Copyright Day on 23 April
Also known as World Book Day or International Day of the Book, the World Book Day is organized by UNESCO with the aim to promote reading, publishing, and copyright. This day also honors the author Miguel de Cervantes who died on 23 April.
World Malaria Day on 25 April
More than 3 billion people, mostly from Africa, Asia, Latin America, are at a risk of Malaria and therefore to draw attention toward fight from this disease World Malaria Day began to be observed. It is one of the eleven campaigns run by World Health Organization and is observed on 25 April every year.
World Intellectual Property Day on 26 April
To raise awareness regarding the importance of patents, copyright, trademarks and designs, 26 April is observed as World Intellectual Property Day every year.
Workers’ Memorial Day on 28 April
Also known as International Workers’ Memorial Day or International Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured, Workers’ Memorial Day is observed annually on April 28. It is observed internationally and is the day of remembering the workers killed, disabled, injured, or made unwell by their work.
List of Important Days & Dates in April 2023
Apart from the days mentioned above, there are many other special days observed in April as well. Most of these days are of national importance that are related to different countries. A list of such days for the month of April has been provided below after excluding the days already discussed above.
- 1 April- Odisha Day, Prevention of Blindness Week, Edible Book Day, Start of Testicular Cancer Awareness Week (US), Kha b-Nisan (Assyrian people), Arbor Day (Tanzania), National Day (Cyprus), National Civil Service Day (Thailand), Fossil Fools Day
- 2 April- International Children’s Book Day, Malvinas Day (Argentina), Unity of Peoples of Russia and Belarus Day (Belarus), Thai Heritage Conservation Day (Thailand), National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day (US)
- 4 April- International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action, Peace Day (Angola), Children’s Day (Hong Kong, Taiwan), Independence Day (Senegal)
- 5 April 2023- Sikmogil (South Korea), National Caramel Day (US), Children’s Day (Palestinian territories), National Maritime Day
- 6 April- Maundy Thursday, Tartan Day (US & Canada), Chakri Day (Thailand), New Beer’s Eve (US), National Beer Day (United Kingdom)
- 7 April Special Days- Good Friday, Genocide Memorial Day (Rwanda), National Beer Day (US), Motherhood and Beauty Day (Armenia), Flag Day (Slovenia), Women’s Day (Mozambique), Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume Day (Tanzania), No Housework Day, World Health Day
- 8 April Special Days- International Romani Day, Buddha’s Birthday (Japan), Feast of the First Day of the Writing of the Book of the Law (Thelema)
- 9 April- International Banshtai Tsai Day, Martyr’s Day (Tunisia), Anniversary of the German Invasion of Denmark (Denmark), Day of the Finnish Language (Finland), Constitution Day (Kosovo), Baghdad Liberation Day (Iraqi Kurdistan), Feast of the Second Day of the Writing of the Book of the Law (Thelema), Remembrance for Haakon Sigurdsson (The Troth), Bataan Day or Araw ng Kagitingan (Philippines), National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day (US), Day of National Unity (Georgia), Vimy Ridge Day (Canada)
- 10 April- Palm Sunday, Feast of the Third Day of the Writing of the Book of the Law (Thelema), Siblings Day, Day of the Builder (Azerbaijan), World Homoeopathy Day
- 11 April- National Pet Day (US), World Parkinson’s Day, National Cheese Fondue Day (US), Juan Santamaria Day (Costa Rica), International Louie Louie Day
- 12 April- National Redemption Day (Liberia), Children’s Day (Bolivia and Haiti), Cosmonautics Day (Russia), Halifax Day (North Carolina), Yuri’s Night, National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day (US)
- 13 April- Unfairly Prosecuted Persons Day (Slovakia), Teacher’s Day (Ecuador), Katyn Memorial Day (Poland), Jefferson’s Birthday (US), First day of Thingyan (Myanmar)
- 14 April- Dhivehi Language Day (Maldives), Black Day (South Korea), Pohela Boishakh (Bangladesh), Vaisakh (Punjab), Commemoration of Anfal Genocide Against the Kurds (Iraqi Kurdistan), Pana Sankranti (Odisha), Second day of Songkran (Thailand), Day of Mologa (Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia), Puthandu (India, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka), Youth Day (Angola), Day of the Georgian Language (Georgia), Pan American Day, Season of Emancipation (Barbados), N’Ko Alphabet Day (Mande speakers), First day of Takayama Spring Festival (Japan),
- 15 April- Pohela Boishakh (West Bengal), Universal Day of Culture, Hillsborough Disaster Memorial (England), Day of the Sun (North Korea), Jackie Robinson Day (US), Last day of Songkran (Thailand), National Banana Day (US), World Art Day
- 16 April- Birthday of Queen Margrethe II (Denmark), Remembrance of Chemical Attack on Balisan and Sheikh Wasan (Iraqi Kurdistan), Memorial Day for the Victims of the Holocaust (Hungary), Birthday of José de Diego (US), Foursquare Day, Emancipation Day (US), World Voice Day, National Healthcare Decisions Day (US)
- 17 April- Easter, Women’s Day (Gabon), National Cheeseball Day (US), Evacuation Day (Syria), FAO Day (Iraq), Malbec World Day, National Espresso Day (Italy), Flag Day (American Samoa)
- 18 April- Independence Day (Zimbabwe), Anniversary of the Victory over the Teutonic Knights in the Battle of the Ice (Russia), Invention Day (Japan), Army Day (Iran), Friend’s Day (Brazil), Coma Patients’ Day (Poland)
- 19 April- Holocaust Remembrance Day (Poland), Dutch-American Friendship Day (US), Army Day (Brazil), Beginning of the Independence Movement (Venezuela), National Garlic Day (US), Bicycle Day, Primrose Day (United Kingdom), Indian Day (Brazil), Landing of the 33 Patriots Day (Uruguay), King Mswati III’s BSirthday (Swaziland), National Rice Ball Day (US), World Liver Day
- 20 April- Chinese Language Day
- 21 April- Administrative Professionals’ Day, Heroic Defense of Veracruz (Mexico), Day of Local Self-Government (Russia), Kartini Day (Indonesia), Tiradentes’ Day (Brazil), Grounation Day, National Tree Planting Day (Kenya), Kang Pan-sok’s Birthday (North Korea), Queen’s Official Birthday (Falkland Islands), San Jacinto Day (Texas), Local Self Government Day (Russia), Vietnam Book Day
- 22 April- National Jelly Bean Day (US), Holocaust Remembrance Day (Serbia), Discovery Day (Brazil)
- 23 April- English Language Day, Navy Day (China), German Beer Day (Germany), Castile and Leon Day (Spain), Canada Book Day (Canada), Independence Day (Florida), Khongjom Day (Manipur), UN English Language Day, La Diada de Sant Jordi (Spain), International Pixel-Stained Techno-peasant Day, National Sovereignty and Children’s Day (Turkey, Northern Cyprus), St George’s Day (England)
- 24 April- National Panchayati Day (India), Democracy Day (Nepal), World Day for Laboratory Animals, National Pigs in a Blanket Day (US), Fashion Revolution Day, Labour Safety Day (Bangladesh), Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day (Armenia), Flag Day (Ireland), St Mark’s Eve (Western Christianity), Concord Day (Niger), Republic Day (The Gambia), Children’s Day (Zambia), Kapyong Day (Australia), International Sculpture Day
- 25 April- Major Rogation (Western Christianity), Red Hat Society Day, Feast of Saint Mark (Western Christianity), National Zucchini Bread Day (US), Anniversary of the First Cabinet of Kurdish Government (Iraqi Kurdistan), Sinai Liberation Day (Egypt), Freedom Day (Portugal), DNA Day, Anzac Day (Australia, New Zealand), Parental Alienation Awareness Day, Military Foundation Day (North Korea), Liberation Day (Italy), Flag Day (Faroe Islands, Swaziland), Arbor Day (Germany)
- 26 April- Union Day (Tanzania), Day of Remembrance of the Chernobyl Tragedy (Belarus), National Pretzel Day (US), Memorial Day of Radiation Accidents and Catastrophes (Russia), Lesbian Visibility Day, Confederate Memorial Day (US)
- 27 April- Freedom Day (South Africa), National Veterans’ Day (Finland), National Prime Rib Day (US), Day of the Uprising Against the Occupying Forces (Slovenia), Independence Day (Togo, Sierra Leone), Day of Russian Parliamentarism (Russia), National Day (Mayotte, Sierra Leone), Flag Day (Moldova)
- 28 April- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, National Day of Mourning (Canada), National Day (Sardinia, Italy), Restoration of Sovereignty Day (Japan), Lawyers’ Day (Orissa), Mujahideen Victory Day (Afghanistan), National Heroes Day (Barbados)
- 29 April- Princess Bedike’s Birthday (Denmark), Showa Day (Japan), Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare (United Nations), National Shrimp Scampi Day (US), International Dance Day (UNESCO)
- 30 April- Ayushman Bharat Diwas, Children’s Day (Mexico), World Veterinary Day, Russian State Fire Service Day, Martyr’s Day (Pakistan), International Jazz Day (UNESCO), Teachers’ Day (Paraguay), Reunification Day (Vietnam), Birthday of the King (Sweden), Camaron Day (French Foreign Legion), Honesty Day (US), Carodejnice (Czech Republic and Slovakia), Armed Forces Day (Georgia), Walpurgis Night (Central and Northern Europe), National Persian Gulf Day (Iran), Consumer Protection Day (Thailand)
It is observed on 7th April.