Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) is conducted for providing admission into several UG, PG, MPhil and PhD programs. The National Testing Agency is the concerned authority that conducts this exam at national level. Candidates are given 2 hours of time to solve objective type multiple-choice questions. It is an online exam and conducted only once a year.
DUET Eligibility Criteria
Please go through the minimum eligibility requirements for DUET:
UG Programme Eligibility
Indian citizens can apply.
Candidates should have passed class 12th exam from a recognized board in India or foreign or its equivalent exam. They should have passed each subject individually including practical.
PG Course Eligibility
A recognized bachelor’s degree is required to apply for PG course.
Candidates should have acquired a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline.
Courses under DUET
- BA. (Honours) Business Economics[BA(H)BE];
- Bachelor of Management Studies[BMS];
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)[BBA(FIA)];
- BTech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)[B.Tech(IT&MI)];
- BA. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences[BA(H)HSS];
- Bachelor of Elementary Education[B.El.Ed];
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports[BSc(PE,HE&S)]; B
- B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication[BA(H)MMC];
- Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism[FYIPJ].
- MSc. Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- MSc. Informatics
- MSc. Genetics
- MTech. Microwave Electronics
- MEd. (Special Education: Visual Impairment)
- MEd. (Special Education: Mental Retardation)
- MA. Russian Studies
- MA. Linguistics
- MA. Buddhist Studies
- MSc. Mathematics Education
- Cluster Innovation Centre
- MA. Social Work
- MA. Japanese
- MA. East Asian Studies
- MA Social Sciences
- MA./M.Sc. Environmental Studies
- Biomedical Sciences
- MSc./M.Sc.- Ph.D. Combined Degree course
- MA. Lifelong Learning & Extension
- MA./M.Sc. Applied Operational Research
- MSc. Operational Research
- MSc. Forensic Science
How to Apply for DUET?
The National Testing Agency will release DUET application form in online mode at its official website. Please follow the steps given below to apply for the entrance test:
Step 1: You need to register yourself first by entering information like your name, mobile number, email ID, date of birth etc.
Step 2: Login at the official website and fill up the application form.
Step 3: You need to upload images according to specification provided in the official brochure.
Step 4: Make the payment of prescribed fee.
Step 5: Obtain a printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for future reference.
Documents need to be uploaded
- Photograph of candidate;
- Signature of candidate;
- Self attested copy of class X marksheet and certificate.
- Photo identity proof such as PAN card/Aadhaar card/Votor ID card/Driving License
- Sports certificate
- OBC/SC/ST/PwD/EWS/KM/CW certificate;
|Signature and Photograph||PNG/JPG/JPEG||10 to 50 KB|
|Other Documents||PNG/PDF/JPEG||100-500 KB|
|Identity proof||PNG/JPG/JPEG||10 to 50 KB|
The prescribed application fee for Unreserved/OBC is Rs.750/- and SC/ST/EWS/PwD is Rs.300/-. The amount can be paid using debit card/credit card/internet banking/UPI.
DUET Exam Pattern
Go through the prescribed exam pattern for Delhi University Entrance Test:
- DUET is a computer-based test. Candidates will be provided 2 hours of time for completing the test.
- The question paper will consist of objective type multiple choice questions.
- 4 marks would be awarded for every correct response and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
Exam Pattern for UG Course
BA Hons: 100 questions from General English, Quantitative Ability, Reasoning & Analytical ability and Business and General awareness.
B.El.Ed: 60 questions from Science, Mathematics and Social Science
B.Sc: 100 questions from Physical Education, Health and Sport General Knowledge
Business Economics/BBA/Bachelor of Management Studies: 40 questions from Comprehension in Hindi and English.
LLB: 100 questions from Reasoning & Analytical Abilities, English Language & Comprehension, Legal Awareness & Aptitude and General Knowledge & Current Affairs.
Exam Pattern for PG Course
- There will be 100 questions in total which you need to solve in 2 hours.
- The maximum marks for the question paper would be 400.
- All the questions will be multiple choice questions.
- For every incorrect attempt, 1 mark will be deducted.
- 4 marks would be deducted for every correct attempt.
The test is likely to conduct at the following exam centres:
Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Bangalore, Kolkata, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jammu, Varanasi, Ranchi, Patna, Nagpur, Mumbai, Trivandrum, Guwahati, Delhi (NCR), Chennai, Chandigarh.