Bollywood has seen many veteran actors over time who has gathered name, fame and a lot of wealth in the Indian film industry. These actors are among the most celebrated and the richest actors of all time creating a milestone for others to follow. From Shah Rukh to Salman to Amitabh and Dilip, there are many prominent actors who have amassed wealth in millions of dollars owing to their amazing acting careers. This article presents the list of top 15 richest Bollywood actors in India of all time along with some basic details about them.
15 Richest Actors in India of All Time
The table provides the list of the richest actors in India along with their net worth in 2024.
|Shah Rukh Khan
|Saif Ali Khan
India’s Richest Actors of All Time
Now that you know the basic details about the India’s richest actors, let us learn a little bit more about them.
1. Shah Rukh Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan is not just the richest but one of the most popular Bollywood actors working in the industry since three decades.
- He is known by different names like SRK, Baadshah and King Khan, in not just India but has achieved global popularity as well.
- SRK made his Bollywood debut in 1992 with the movie Deewana but his major breakthrough came after his role in the movie Baazigar.
- Shah Rukh Khan has many awards including 14 Filmfare, Padma Shri, Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and the Legion of Honour for his contribution to Indian cinema.
- He is also one of the richest actors of the world.
2. Amitabh Bachchan
- Amitabh Bachchan, the son of legendary poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan is himself one of the most famous Bollywood stars.
- Started as a struggling actor with numerous flops, Amitabh’s breakthrough came as a supporting actor in the movie Anand.
- Amitabh Bachchan is counted among the richest Bollywood actors with a net worth of over 400 million dollars.
- In a career spanning more than five decades, Amitabh has won four National Film Awards, Dadasaheb Phalke Award, sixteen Filmfare Awards and many more.
3. Salman Khan
- Salman Khan is a prominent Bollywood actor, TV show host and a philanthropist who ranks third in the list of richest actors in India.
- He is the son of screenwriter Salim Khan who made his Bollywood debut with a role in the movie Biwi Ho To Aisi.
- Salman’s breakthrough came from his role of Prem in the 1989 movie Maine Pyar Kiya which became one of the highest-grossing Indian films at that time.
- Forbes has mentioned him the Top-Paid 100 Celebrity Entertainers in the world in 2015 and the highest-ranked Indian in earnings in 2018.
- Hrithik Roshan is known not just for his acting but for his dancing skills despite being diagnosed with scoliosis in his early 20s.
- Making appearances in many movies since he was a child, the major role of Hrithik came in his movie Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai.
- His father Rakesh Roshan is also a Bollywood actor, producer, director, screen-writer with whom he has collaborated on many films.
- With a net worth of 370 million dollars, Hrithik ranks fourth among the richest Bollywood actors of all time.
5. Akshay Kumar
- Akshay Kumar is a well-known Bollywood actor who has appeared in more than 100 films in his 30-year acting career.
- Originally named Rajiv Bhatia, he changed his name to Akshay based on the movie character ‘Akshay’ in his debut movie Aaj.
- Success came to Akshay Kumar through his rile in 1992 movie Khiladi which turned into a franchise and also earned him the name Khiladi Kumar.
- Currently, his net worth is estimated to be around 340 million dollars making him one of the richest Indian actors.
6. Aamir Khan
- Recognized as Mr. Perfectionist, Aamir Khan is known the great lengths he goes to make his movie as perfect and flawless as possible.
- Acting earlier in movies like Yaadon Ki Baaraat and Holi, his full-time career as an actor started with his leading role in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.
- He has won nine Filmfare Awards, four National Film Awards, an AACTA Award and nominations for many others.
- His movie Lagaan earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Language Film making Aamir one of the few Indian filmmakers to ever receive an Oscar nomination.
- Jeetendra was born on 7 April 1942 as Ravi Kumar. He was born in Amritsar, Punjab.
- He is also the chairman of the Balaji Motion Pictures and Balaji Telefilms.
- He worked in nearly 200 films as a lead actor.
- The full name of Chiranjeevi is Konidela Sivasankara Varaprasad.
- He was born on 22 August 1955 in Mogalthur, Andhra State, India.
- He also received Padma Bhushan in 2006.
- He has worked in more than 150 films including Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, and Tamil films.
9. Ram Charan
- Counted among the highest-paid actors of Indian cinema, Ram Charan already bagged many prestigious awards including 2 Nandi Awards and 3 Filmfare Awards.
- The full name of Ram Charan is Konidela Ram Charan.
- He was born on 27 March 1985 in Madras, Tamil Nadu, India.
10. Saif Ali Khan
- Another popular actor who made his name and found fame in Bollywood is none other than Saif Ali Khan.
- Saif is also a member and nawab of the Pataudi family and the son of renowned actress Sharmila Tagore and cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi.
- His first solo hit came with the movie Kya Kehna in 2000 although he has acted in many other hits since early 90s.
- Saif’s current net worth is estimated to be about 150 million dollars making him sixth in the richest actors in India.
11. Dilip Kumar
- Dilip Kumar was a veteran Bollywood actor known popularly as the ‘Tragedy King’ for his portrayal of serous roles in Indian cinema.
- His original name was Mohammed Yusuf Khan but he chose his stage name as Dilip Kumar.
- Dilip is often cited as one of the most successful film stars in the industry long before the era of SRK and Amitabh came.
- He is the winner of eight Filmfare Award for Best Actor and 3 consecutive Filmfare awards, both a record held for many years to come.
12. Rajesh Khanna
- Referred as the First Superstar of Indian cinema, Rajesh Khanna was a prominent Bollywood actor who died in 2012 at the age of 69.
- His net worth was estimated to be around 65 million dollars making him one of the richest Bollywood actors of all time.
- Not only this, he was also the highest-paid actor in Hindi cinema throughout the 1970s and 1980s.
- Khanna also holds the record for acting in 15 consecutive successful movies and has won many awards and accolades.
- Known as the “He-Man” of Bollywood, Dharmendra is a celebrated actor working in Indian cinema.
- His wife Hema Malini, sons Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol and daughter Esha Deol are also well-known actors of Bollywood.
- In a career spanning six decades Dharmendra has worked in over 301 films and also received the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award for his contribution to Hindi cinema.
- Dharmendra’s net worth is calculated to be around 70 million dollars making him of the richest Bollywood actors.
14. Ajay Devgn
- Ajay Devgn is the son of Veeru Devgn, a stunt choreographer and action-film director and Veena, a film producer.
- He himself is also a well-known actor who works predominantly in the Bollywood cinema and has won numerous awards and accolades.
- Devgn’s career began with the movie Phool Aur Kaante in 1991 and went on to make many hit movies in the 90s and 2000s.
- His original name was Vishal but he changed it to Ajay as there were already many prominent stars named Vishal at that time.
15. Dev Anand
- Dev Anand was one of the most successful actors of Bollywood cinema who worked in the industry from 1946 till his death in 2011.
- Although he started his career with the movie Ziddi in 1948, his breakthrough success came from his movie Baazi in 1951.
- For his contribution to Indian cinema, he was presented with many awards by the Government of India.
- Dev Anand’s net worth was around 50 million dollars and is ranked among the richest Bollywood actors of all time.
Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan is the highest-paid actor in India
Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, etc are some of the best Bollywood actors.
Around $410 million