General Knowledge or General Awareness or GK section is a part of almost every competitive examination in India. In simple words, we can say that it is not possible to clear any competitive examination in India without having a good knowledge of this subject. Especially, in examinations like SSC, UPSC, Railways, State PCS, etc. a large number of questions from General Knowledge Sections are often asked.
You should know that General Knowledge is a vast subject. It includes a large number of sub-topics like General Science, Economics, Current Affairs, etc. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary information about General Knowledge (GK).
Purpose of General Knowledge (GK) Questions 2022
- The aim of studying General Knowledge is to make everyone aware regarding current affairs and happenings in India.
- There are many competitive exams in which General awareness questions are asked. Some of these examinations are PSC, SSC, Bank Exams, IBPS, SBI, RBI, FCI, LIC, CBI, Delhi Metro, Railway, and State SSC & PSC Exams. So, we can say that it is one of the most important subjects in order to clear the competitive exam.
- Having a good grip on current affairs and GK topics can help you appear in government job exams with ease.
- Good knowledge of World GK and Indian GK is also important in boosting your self-confidence.
- After understanding the importance of General knowledge, the government of India is now also adding GK MCQ questions in the curriculum of school students.
Indian GK Questions/ General Knowledge Topics in Indian Competitive Examination
General Knowledge Questions related to India are often asked in various kinds of Competitive examinations. It is often observed that in normal examinations more than 80% of the GK questions are related to India. Here, Indian GK questions includes Indian states, Central Government Schemes, Revolutions in India, Indian Culture, Indian History, Geography, and its diversity, Polity, etc.
We can assure you that you will score good marks in any competitive examination in the GK section in case you have a good knowledge of Indian General Knowledge Questions. Take a look at the list of topics given below in the table that is included in the Indian GK Quiz.
List of Current Affairs GK Topics & Static General Knowledge (GK) Topics
These days, trends of many competitive exams are changing. Nowadays, more questions are asked from current affairs rather than static GK. Especially, in banking and SSC examination, many questions are derived directly from the current affair topics and GK updates. The major topics included in the current affairs sections are given in the following topics.
|National Current Affair Questions
|Culture & Heritage||National Security|
|Indian Constitution GK Questions||Indian Art an culture|
|Polity & Governance||Social Issue & Social Justice|
|International Current Affair Questions
|Survey And Index Bilateral||International Treaties & Agreements|
|Questions of WHO||Questions on WTO|
|United Nations||Regional And Global Groupings|
|International Relations||India And Its Bilateral Relations|
|International Organizations||International Trade & Treaties Reports|
|Science and Technology Current Affairs
|Health Diseases||Covid – 19 Management|
|Indian Economy Current Affairs
|Infrastructure||Banking & Finance|
|Agriculture & Allied Sector||Labor & Employment|
|Organizations||Survey And Index|
|Budget Plan||Policy Education|
|Miscellaneous Current Affair Quiz
|Books & Authors||Important Days and Dates|
|PM Jan Dhan Yojana||Make in India|
|Awards and Honours||Summits & Conferences|
|Sports GK||Latest Appointments|
|Schemes and Committees||Ranks & Reports|
|State News||Defence News|
|Banking Current GK||Latest Agreements|
|Sports General Knowledge
|General Sports Quiz||Tokyo Olympic 2020 GK|
|Volleyball GK Questions and answers||Golf GK|
|Tennis GK||Tokyo Paralympics 2020 GK|
|Basketball GK||Hockey GK|
|Football GK||Cricket quiz|
Static GK questions and answer
Static General Knowledge means that knowledge that is based on Static Facts. Static Facts are those that do not change and remain the same. A large number of questions are often asked about in different exams from the Static General Knowledge. The static GK is usually considered easier to understand and learn. The major topics included in the Static General Knowledge are given in the following table.
World GK Questions and Answer
Numerous major events happening around the world on daily basis. If you are a government job aspirant then you are expected to be aware of all these major events. Knowing about these events is even more important if you are preparing for the civil services examination.
Having a good grip of World General Knowledge (GK) also help you understand and memorize current affair in a much better way. The World GK section generally includes topics from World Leaders Names, Important Places in the World, World Organizations and Headquarters, world Famous personalities, etc.
- Famous Places GK
- World Countries Names
- Most Populated Cities in the World
- List of Smallest Countries: By Area & Population wise
- Countries – Capital & Currencies
- International Organization heads
- Organizations & Headquarters
- National Animals of countries around the world
- National Birds of countries around the world
- National Flowers of countries around the world
- Largest Fruits Producing Countries in the World
- List of Countries and their National Sports
- List of Countries and their National Flags
- Legislatures of the World – National Assembly
- Famous Sports Personalities in the world
- Stock exchanges around the world
- Food Festivals around the world
- Famous Personalities in the world
- Countries and their National Games
- Countries and their main Industries
- Stadiums in the World
- Popular Newspapers in the world
- Important Cups & Trophies in the world
- Richest Persons in the world
- Countries and Capitals of various countries around the world
- Central banks of Various Countries in the world
State Specific General Knowledge
Every year, various state governments around the country release notification for the recruitment processes for many posts. In these state-specific vacancies, applications are invited only from the candidates of the particular state only. Similarly, in the recruitment exam, the general knowledge questions are asked related to that particular state only. Let’s go through the state-wise GK questions and answers.
- Madhya Pradesh GK Questions and answers
- Delhi GK Questions and Answers
- Bihar GK Questions and answers
- Andhra Pradesh GK Questions
- Uttar Pradesh GK Questions and answers
- Uttarakhand General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- Assam General Knowledge (GK) Questions
- Chhattisgarh GK Questions and answers
- Goa GK Questions and answers
- Gujarat GK Questions and answers
- Haryana GK Questions and answers
- Himachal Pradesh General Knowledge (GK) Questions
- Jharkhand General Knowledge (GK) Questions
- Karnataka General Knowledge (GK) Questions
- Kerala GK Questions and answer
- Maharashtra GK Questions and answers
- Manipur GK Questions and answers
- Meghalaya GK Questions and answers
- Mizoram General Knowledge Questions and answers
- Nagaland Gk Questions and answers
- Odisha General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- Punjab General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- Rajasthan Gk Questions and answers
- Sikkim General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- Tamil Nadu General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- Telangana GK Questions and Answers
- Tripura General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- West Bengal General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- Jammu and Kashmir General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- Ladakh General knowledge (GK) questions and answers
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands GK Questions and Answers
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu GK Questions
- Puducherry General Knowledge (GK) Questions and Answers
- Chandigarh GK Questions and Answers
- Lakshadweep GK Questions and Answers
General Knowledge for School Students
These days, the governments in India (both central and state governments) are acknowledging the importance of good general knowledge. This is the reason why general knowledge is being added to the school syllabus as well. Check out the questions for the students of different classes.
- General Knowledge (GK) Questions for 1st Class Students
- General Knowledge (GK) Questions for 2nd Class Students
- 3rd Class Students General Knowledge (GK) Questions
- General Knowledge (GK) Questions for 4th Class Students
- General Knowledge (GK) Questions for 5th Class Students
- 6th Class Students General Knowledge (GK) Questions
- General Knowledge (GK) Questions for 7th Class Students
- General Knowledge (GK) Questions for 8th Class Students
- 9th Class Students General Knowledge (GK) Questions
- General Knowledge (GK) Questions for 10th Class Students
- 11th Class Students General Knowledge (GK) Questions
- 12th Class Students General Knowledge (GK) Questions
Banking General Knowledge
The general knowledge questions asked in the banking examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO/ Clerk, NABARD, LIC, etc. are different from the normal examination. The name of the gk section is these examinations is Banking Awareness. In this section, the emphasis is given on the banking topics. Given below is the list of some general topics included in the Banking Awareness sections for all the bank examinations.
- All the first in Banking
- RBI structure and Functions
- Codes used in the Banking Sector
- ATM in India
- Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)
- Foreign Investment in India
- Small Banks in India
- Different Types of Money Transfer in India
- Government Schemes related to the Banking Sector
- Nationalization of Banks in India Monetary Policy
How to Study General Knowledge for Competitive Exams?/ How can I make my General Knowledge Strong?
It is not rare to see many students saying that their general knowledge is weak. We will like to tell all such students that it is very easy to improve your general knowledge. In fact, General Studies or GK can be your favourite subject if you are able to develop a keen interest in the subject. There are so many interesting facts to learn in the subject which can be fun. Let’s check out some tips to make your GK stronger.
- Develop a habit of reading – The more you read the better will be your general knowledge. You should develop a habit to read as much as you can. Reading the quality stuff is also important. You can subscribe to some good current affairs magazines to know what’s happening in the world. You should also visit our website regularly because here we regularly post informative content that can boost up your GK.
- Watch News daily – Some good news channels can also help you get some good knowledge about the current affair.
- Socialize more – A good circle of friends that can share positive information is also useful for your general knowledge. You may discuss the current political scenarios in the country or around the world. Doing this will help you know the interesting views of your friends and increase your GK.
- Take help from the Internet – The interest is an endless source of general knowledge. If you are curious then you can find as much information as you want from the internet. You should regularly read on handy websites to improve your knowledge.
Top General Knowledge Questions
Question – 1: Bunc was one of the first names of which product?
Question – 2: What is called the “Roof of the world”?
Answer: Plateau of Tibet
Question – 3: Which is the youngest country in the World?
Answer: South Sudan
Question – 4: Which is the largest island in the world?
Question – 5: Chilka Lake which is the largest brackish water lagoon is situated in which state of India?
Question – 6: How Much Money Is There In The World?
Answer: Around 75 trillion US dollars
Question – 7: What is the official name of South Korea?
Answer: Republic of Korea
Question – 8: Which country has the longest written constitution?
Question – 9: Which country is also known as the sugar bowl of the world?
Question – 10: In which state in India does the Debrigarh Wildlife Sanctuary is located?
Question – 11: Which is the first Indian Language to attain Classical Language Status?
Question – 12: Which Indian State has the lowest Literacy rate according to 2011 Census?
Question – 13: Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka (one of the cultural heritage sites in India) is situated in which state of India?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
Question – 14: In which year railways was introduced in India?
Question – 15: Who was the first Indian to win the Roman Magsaysay Award?
Answer: Acharya Vinoba Bhave
Question – 16: Which is the longest river in South India?
Question – 17: Khari Boali which is one of the biggest spice markets in Asia is located in which city?
Question – 18: Who was the first Indian women Ambassador in the United Nations?
Answer: Vijayalakshmi Pandit
Question – 19: Who was the first deputy prime minister of India?
Answer: Sardar Vallabhai Patel
Question – 20: Who is considered the chief architect of the constitution of India?
Answer: BR Ambedkar
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What is the correct way to prepare for the general awareness section of the banking examinations?
Answer: To prepare for this section you should try to as much information about the Indian banking sector as possible. You can subscribe to some banking awareness magazines. Apart from this, you can find a lot of helpful articles and quizzes regarding banking general knowledge on our website as well.
Question – 2: What are the best current affair magazines in India?
Answer: Some of the most famous current affairs magazines in India are as follows – Yojana, Kurukshetra, Pratiyogita Darpan, The Hindu, etc.
Question – 3: Which is the best website on the Internet to learn general knowledge and current affairs?
Answer: We are not exaggerating. But, edudwar.com is the best website for current affairs and general knowledge on the Internet. All questions that we provide in our posts are exam-oriented. Apart from this, we always present questions in an easy-to-understand manner.
Question – 4: How static general knowledge questions are different from normal general knowledge questions?
Answer: The only difference is that the static general knowledge is based on the facts that are constant and not to change. For example – Jawahar Lal Nehru was the first prime minister of India. It is a static fact that will never change. So this is a static general knowledge fact.