Jawaharlal Nehru University hosts following schools of teaching and inter-disciplinary research excluding few special course of study.
- Special Centre for National Security Studies
- Special Centre for the Study of North East India
- Special Centre for Disaster Research
- Special Centre for Nano Sciences
- Special Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
- Special Centre for Molecular Medicine
- Special Centre for E-Learning
- ABV School of Management and Entrepreneurship
- School of Engineering
- School of Sanskrit and Indic Studies
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Computational and Integrative Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Computer and Systems Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Arts and Aesthetics
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of International Studies
Candidates are provided admission through All India Level Entrance Examination. The final selection of candidates would be based upon their performance in CBT for all programmes of study, except M.Phil. and Ph.D. On the other hand, admission to MPhil and PhD would be based upon their performance in CBT followed by Viva voce. 70% weightage to CBT score and 30% weightage to Viva is given while preparing the merit list.
JNUEE Eligibility Criteria
Here are the said criteria for the upcoming Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination:
Candidates should be minimum 17 years old as on 1st October of the year of admission for BA(Hons) programme. There is no age limit prescribed for other programmes.
Candidates who have completed 10+2 level of education are eligible for UG course.
Candidates should have a recognized UG degree in order to apply for Master’s degree.
Those have acquired a Master’s degree are eligible to apply for MPhil and Phd programme.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for JNUEE online by accessing its official website https://jnuexams.nta.nic.in, www.jnu.ac.in. The application forms submitted through other channels are liable to be rejected. One candidate should submit only one application. Submitting multiple applications would be liable for rejection.
Candidates should download the information brochure and replica of application before start applying online for the exam. Please keep following ready before you apply for the exam:
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/ Ration Card Number/ Passport number/PAN Number/ Bank Account Number/Other valid Govt Ids.
- Communication address, email ID and Mobile ID
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph (10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Scanned copy of signature (4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format
- Bank account information
Steps to Apply Online
Part I: Complete the online registration by entering basic details like your name, email ID, mobile number etc.
Part 2: Complete the application by filling your personal, education and mailing details.
Part 3: Upload scanned copy of images as prescribed above.
Part 4: Make payment of application fee as said below:
JNUEE Exam Pattern
Have a look at prescribed exam pattern for JNUEE:
|Exam Mode||LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Questions’ Type||Multiple Choice Question|
|No. of questions||100 questions|
|Marks||1 marks for each correct attempt|
|Question paper medium||English|
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions: What will be the mode of JNUEE application?
Answer: JNUEE application form will be available online at its official website.
Question: Please tell me the mode of exam?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination is a computer-based exam.
Question: Who will conduct JNUEE?
Answer: The National Testing Agency will conduct JNUEE.
Question: What is the age criterion for taking exam?
Answer: Candidates should be minimum 17 years old as on 1st October of the year of admission for BA(Hons) programme. There will be no age limit for other programmes.