“From jelly beans to chocolate bars, we all love candies. But, do you know who makes them? Let’s find out which are the top candy companies in the world in 2023”
Candy is one of those foods that not only has the virtue of being tasty but it also provides a quick burst of energy. It is one of the favorite goodies loved by children of all ages. The candy manufacturing industry is dominated by the Top 15 Largest candy companies in the world. All of these companies have unique features that make them stand out from the rest.
You can find the top-selling brands of candy in the world through many different means. Some of these methods include surveys, market share, and just by looking at the market. Top candy companies also make sure that their flavors are always top-notch, even if it means that they have to change their formula now and again.
Top 15 Candy Companies in the World in 2023
|Rank||Name of the company||Annual Net Sales|
|1||Mars Wrigley Confectionery||$18,000 Million|
|2||Ferrero Group||$13,000 Million|
|3||Mondelez International||$11,800 Million|
|4||Meiji Co. Ltd.||$9,721 Million|
|5||Hershey Co.||$7,986 Million|
|6||Nestle SA||$7,925 Million|
|7||Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprungli AG||$4,574 Million|
|9||Haribo GmbH & Co.||$3,300 Million|
|10||Ezaki Glico Co. Ltd.||$3,156 Million|
|11||Perfetti Van Melle||$2,672 Million|
|12||General Mills||$2,129 Million|
|13||Kellogg Co.||$1,890 Million|
|14||Orion Corp.||$1,767 Million|
|15||August Storck KG||$1,680 Million|
World’s Biggest Candy Companies in 2023
Mars Wrigley Confectionery (Div. of Mars Inc)
- Location – Chicago, USA
- CEO – Andrew Clarke
- Net Sales – $18000 Million
- Description – Mars Wrigley Confectionery is a division of Mars Incorporated. It is a famous brand of candies that have been around for more than 100 years. They used to sell their eponymous gum only to soldiers during World War 2. Today, Mars is the largest candy company in the world. Their products are loved by children and adults alike.
Check: World’s Top Mobile Phones Companies
- Location – Luxembourg and Italy
- CEO – Lapo Civiletti
- Net Sales – $13000 Million
- Description – Founded in 1946, Ferrero Group is known for making world-class chocolate and candies. Their famous bar Ferrero Rocher is eaten by almost every chocolate lover in the world. Their other popular product is Nutella spread.
- Location – Deerfield, USA
- CEO – Dirk Van de Put
- Net Sales – $11800 Million
- Description – Mondelez International is a renowned confectionery, food, and beverage company from the US. In the year 2021, the company ranked 108 in Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. Mondelez International was established as Kraft Foods Inc. in Chicago in 1923.
Meiji Co. Ltd.
- Location – Tokyo, Japan
- CEO – Katsunari Matsuda
- Net Sales – $9721 Million
- Description – Meiji Co. Ltd. is a Japanese company known for its unique candies. They are also known for manufacturing products like ice cream, cheese, pizza, and sports drinks. Recently, the company took over United States cookie manufacturer D.F. Stauffer Biscuit Company
- Location – Hershey, USA
- CEO – Michele Buck
- Net Sales – $7986 Million
- Description – Hershey is known for being a very famous and trusted company. The major x-factor of Hershey is that they produce a wide variety of products that are all high in quality. This is the reason why they are able to sell millions of candy bars every year.
Check: Top Richest Companies in the World
- Location – Vevey, Switzerland
- CEO – Dr. Dieter
- Net Sales – $7925 Million
- Description – Swiss candies have a different flavor of their own. Nestle is a multinational food and drink processing company from Switzerland. It is a huge company. You will find it ranking in the top 100 companies as per Fortune Global 500 most of the time.
Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprungli AG
- Location – Kilchberg, Switzerland
- CEO – Dr. Dieter Weisskopf
- Net Sales – $4574 Million
- Description – Founded in the year 1945, Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG is one of the most famous and oldest candy manufacturers in the world. They are amazingly famous for their chocolate truffles and chocolate bars, among other sweets.
- Location – London, UK
- CEO – A. Salman Amin
- Net Sales – $4515 Million
- Description – The name of Pladis company is inspired by the Pleiades constellation. It is a British confectionery and snack foods company. This company is growing rapidly. It is taken over many ventures such as United Biscuits, Ülker, Godiva Chocolatier and DeMet’s Candy Company
Haribo GmbH & Co.
- Location – Bonn, Germany
- CEO – Michael Phiesel
- Net Sales – $3300 Million
- Description – If you want to have a taste of german candies then you should try products from Haribo GmbH & Co. It started in 1920 and today it is one of the best manufacturers of chocolates and candies in the world. The most famous product of Haribo is fruit gum in the shape of stylised bears.
Ezaki Glico Co. Ltd.
- Location – Osaka, Japan
- CEO – Katsushisa Ezaki
- Net Sales – $5,381 Million
- Description – Ezaki Glico Co. Ltd. is commonly known as just Glico. It is a Japanese candy company with its headquarters in Osaka, Japan. Currently, it is doing business in more than 30 countries in Asia, Europe, and North America. They are famous for their Pocky (chocolate-coated pretzel sticks, which come in multiple flavors).
Perfetti Van Melle
- Location – Spa Lainate, Itlay & Breda, Netherlands
- CEO – Sameer Suneja
- Net Sales – $2,672 Million
- Description – Perfetti Van Melle is a company that creates and manufactures chocolate, confectionery and other baked goods. It has been in business for more than one hundred years since 1946 to be exact. Perfetti Van Melle also has a line of products that are sold internationally.
- Location – Minneapolis, USA
- CEO – Jeffrey Harmening, CEO
- Net Sales – $2,129 Million
- Description – Founded on the banks of the Mississippi River at Saint Anthony Falls, General is one of the top food manufacturing companies in the world. They are also one of the earliest candy manufacturers in the world. They started their business on 20th June 1856. In the year 2020, they generated a revenue of US $17.63 Billion.
- Location – Battle Creek, USA
- CEO – Steve Cahillane
- Net Sales – $1,890 Million
- Description – Kellogg’s is a breakfast cereal company that makes a variety of different products. They produce cereal, candies, cookies, and more. One of their most popular products is a breakfast cereal called Frosted Flakes. Their products are sold in more than 180 countries.
- Location – Seoul, Korea
- CEO – Chul Kon Tam
- Net Sales – $1,767 Million
- Description – Orion Corp is also a popular candy manufacturer. It is one of the three largest food companies in South Korea and was established in 1956 as Tongyang Confectionery Corp. Orion has the honor of being the first company in South Korea to introduce a modern candy manufacturing facility.
August Storck KG
- Location – Berlin, Germany
- CEO – Axel Oberwelland
- Net Sales – $1,680 Million
- Description – August Storck KG is one of the most respected names in the business of candies. The company was started in 1903. Now, it is one of the largest companies in Germany and the world with more than 6,100 employees. Moser-Roth is the most famous chocolate that they have been manufacturing since the early 1900s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Around 2000 BCE by Ancient Egyptians.
Mars Wrigley Confectionery (Div. of Mars Inc)
All sweet candies have Sugar and Water.
Germany with a per capita consumption of 11 kg per year.