Maharashtra Board HSC political science syllabus is here to download for the academic session 2022-2023. You can easily download the syllabus in pdf format from this post. Further, if you have certain confusions relating class 11 and 12 Political science syllabus then you may let us know using the comment box below. We’re here to answer all your concerns.
Maharashtra Board HSC Political Science Syllabus 2022
Check out below the Maharashtra Board class 11 and 12 syllabus for Political Science below:
Maharashtra Board Class 11 Political Science Syllabus
Class 11: Part I
- State – Meaning, Essential components of the state, State and Society, State and Government
- Nation – Meaning, Difference between State and Nation.
- Liberty – Meaning, Types and Importance
- Equality and Justice – Meaning and Types
- Human Rights – Declaration of Human Rights, National Human Rights Commission, State Human Rights Commission; Composition and functions.
Class 11: Part II
Contemporary World Politics
- Changing World – Cold war, End of Bipolarization, Emergence of Uni – polar system, Multi polar system
- International Organizations – Need, Different organization 1) International Organizations 2) Regional Organizations
- World Security – Meaning, Importance, Factors endangering world security – Terrorism, Violation of Human Rights, Poverty in the World, Arms race
- Globalization – Meaning, Emergence of Globalization, Effects of Globalization, India and Globalization
Maharashtra Board Class 12 Political Science Syllabus
Class 12: Part I
- Indian Constitution : Characteristics
- Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles and Fundamental duties.
- Legislature : Parliament. Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Law making process, Amendment procedure State legislature : Vidhan Sabha, Vidhan Parishad
- Executive : Union Executive :
President – Election, Power and Functions Vice President – Election, Power and Functions
Prime Minister and Council of Ministers – Election,
Collective Responsibility and Role of Prime Minister
State Executive : Governor, Chief Minister and Council of – Ministers.
- Judiciary : Introduction, composition
- Supreme Court : Introduction, Composition, power and function
- High Court : Composition, power and function
- Subordinate Court, Lok Nyalaya
- Independence of the judiciary
Class 12: Part II
Politics in India
- Patterns of Party Competition
- One party dominant system
- Towards multi party system
- Political and Social Movements
- Nature of social movement
- Role of movements in democratic system
- Examples of movements: Caste, Workers, Women
- Farmers etc.
- New trends in Indian Politics
- Changing relations between caste and politics – OBC Politics
- Regionalism and Increasing importance of states
- Rising importance of religion in Indian Politics.
Internal assessment –
- Field visit
- News paper cutting
- Book Review