To grant the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship to the deserving and needy candidates of Bihar, the State Council of Educational Research & Training (SCERT) will conduct an entrance exam. Application form for the exam will be released tentatively in the month of September 2019 and the exam will be conducted in the month of November 2020. The scholarship will be granted at the rate of Rs. 6000/- per annum. Get complete details related to the NMMS Bihar 2020-2021 for Class 8 from this article below.
NMMS Bihar 2020- At a Glance
- The scholarships will be granted from class IX and would continue till class XII depending on the academic performance of the candidates.
- Candidates with disability will be given extra time of 30 minutes to complete their examination.
- Any kind of grievances against the answer key submitted after the prescribed date will not be considered.
- No grievances against the answer key will be accepted via hand, post, SMS, WhatsApp, etc and should only be sent via email.
- Income certificate of the candidates’ parent(s) should also be enclosed along with the application form.
NMMS Bihar Important Dates 2020
Check the tentative dates related to Bihar NMMS 2020 in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||3rd week of September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of October 2019|
|Verification of defective application||Last week of October 2019|
|Online verification of the application by the schools||Last week of October 2019|
|Online admit card release date||1st week of November 2019|
|Date of examination||3rd week of November 2019|
|Display of answer key||4th week of November 2019|
|Last date to submit objections on answer key||1st week of December 2019|
|Declaration of result||1st week of April 2020|
NMMS Bihar Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfill the criteria mentioned below to be eligible for the NMMS Bihar entrance exam 2020:
- The candidates need to clear their class VIII exam from a recognized school scoring not less than 55% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ ST category will be given a relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks.
- The applicant should be a regular student of any Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
Bihar NMMS Application Form 2020
The application form for NMMA Bihar 2020 will be made available through online mode. Candidates will be able to obtain and download their application form by visiting the official website of the SCERT www.biharscert.in.
- Into the application form, basic person and academic details related to the candidates will be asked.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates also should be provided into the application form as well.
- Choice for exam city might also be asked in the application form.
- After providing all the details into the form, the candidates should carefully check the same as any incorrect information can lead to cancellation of the form.
- Duly filled application form complete and correct in every manner can then be submitted to the SCERT.
- A copy of the application form should also be kept by the candidates for future reference.
The exam pattern for Bihar NMMS 2020 for both MAT and SAT is provided below:
|Particulars||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)|
|Exam duration||1 hour 30 minutes||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Mode of exam||Pen and paper based test||Pen and paper based test|
|Number of questions||90 questions||90 questions|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions||Objective type questions|
|Total marks||90 marks||90 marks|
|Marking scheme||1 mark will be awarded for every right answer||1 mark will be awarded for every right answer|
Syllabus for Bihar NMMS Exam 2020
Check out the syllabus for the MAT and SAT for NMMS Bihar exam 2020 below:
Mental Aptitude Test:
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Meta-Cognitive Abilities Like Reasoning & Critical Thinking, Analogy, Classification, Numerical Series, Pattern Perception, Hidden Figure, etc
Scholastic Aptitude Test:
- Mathematics: Number System, Algebra, Ratio and Proportion, Lines and Angles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Visualizing 2D and 3D Shapes, Mensuration and Statistics
- Class 7: British Empire in India, Struggle for Equality, Industrial Revolution, Rain & Rivers, Revolt of 1857, etc
- Class 8: National Movement, Earth Movements & Seasons, Social & Religious Reform Movements, Law & Justice, Money & Banking, etc
- Physics: Temperature & Its Measurement, Air, Winds & Cyclones, Motion & Time, Electricity, Force, Reflection of Light, Sound, Some Natural Phenomena and Friction
- Chemistry: Metals & Non Metals, Changes Around Us, Acids & Bases, Fuels & Flame, Combustion, Synthetic Fibers & Plastics, Coal & Petroleum and Electric Conductivity of Liquids
- Biology: Cell Basic Unit Of Life, Weather & Climate, Different Ecosystems, Nutrition in Plants, Reproduction In Animals, etc
- Admit card will be available for the candidates whose complete applications are submitted in time.
- Candidates can download the admit card by visiting the official website of SCERT Bihar www.biharscert.in.
- Important details regarding the exam such as center, date and time will be mentioned in the admit card.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken by the candidates and carried to the exam center on the day of exam.
- The candidates should note that admit card will not be sent by post or courier and will only be available online.
NMMS Bihar Answer Key
- Candidates will be able to check the answer key of the exam by visiting the SCERT website.
- The answer key will be uploaded into PDF format and will contain the question number and the correct option written next to it.
- Those who have any objection regarding the answer key can send an email at the email@example.com within the given time limit.
- Applicants should also enclose the appropriate proof for the objection in the form of attachment.
- Authorities will then make the appropriate corrections into the answer key and re-release it.
Bihar NMMS Result 2020
- Result of the scholarship exam will be declared through online mode tentatively in the month of April 2020.
- Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the selection test, a rank list of the candidates will be drawn.
- Candidates can check this list by visiting the official website of SCERT Bihar.
- The list will contain the following details- roll number, date of birth, father’s name, gender, category, marks in MAT & SAT, rank of the candidate, etc.
- Only the candidates with names in this list will be shortlisted for the scholarship award given that they meet the other criteria as well.