As per Hindu beliefs, Rama Ekadashi is considered one of the most significant, and auspicious Ekadashi. Rama Ekadashi falls on the 11th day in the Kartik month during Krishna Paksha. This Ekadashi is also known by many other names such as Kartik Krishna Ekadashi, Rambha Ekadashi, etc. This festival or Ekadashi is celebrated four days prior to Diwali. Like other Ekadashi, Rama Ekadashi Vrat 2023 is also dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Devotees observe fast on this day to get rid of all their sins.
If you are also a devotee Hindu then you should take a note of Rama Ekadashi 2023 date. This will help you not only prepare for the festival but also observe the vrat. In this post, we are going to provide you complete details regarding Rama Ekadashi 2023 such as its importance, vrat katha, etc.
Rama Ekadashi 2023 Date and Time
Those devotees who are looking to observe Rama Ekadashi or Kartik Ekadashi Vrat 2023 must know the Shubh Muhurat for the same. It is believed that you must observe the fast as per the Shubh Muhurat. Otherwise, you will not be able to get the full benefits of this Ekadashi vrat. The date and timings of Rama Ekadashi Vrat in 2023 are as follows.
- Date – 25th October 2023
- Day – Wednesday
- Ekadashi Tithi Starts from – 3:14 PM on October 24, 2023
- Ekadashi Tithi Ends at – 12:32 PM on October 25, 2023
- Parana Date – 26th October 2023
- Parana Time – 6:28 AM to 08:43 AM
- Parana Day Dwadashi End Moment – 9:44 AM
Information on Rama Ekadashi 2023 and its importance.
Out of all 24 Ekadashi, Rama Ekadashi has a great significance of its own. Let’s go through the following points to understand and know more about this Ekadashi’s importance.
- According to the Hindu beliefs and details mentioned in scriptures like Brahma Vaivarta Purana, those who observe fast on the occasion of Rama Ekadashi get free from their sins of the present and past life.
- Those devotees who listen to the glories of Lord Vishnu on Kartik Ekadashi attain Salvation.
- It is also believed that the benefits of observing Rama Ekadashi Vrat are much more than performing several Ashwamedha Yagnas and Rajasuya Yagna.
- Devotees who observe this fast with full dedication get enormous success in their personal and professional life.
Rama Ekadashi 2023 Story or Vrat Katha
Listening to the vrat katha of Rama Ekadashi has benefits of its own. The vrat katha is as follows. Once there was a king named Muchukunda. He has a daughter named Chandrabhaga. She was married to Prince “Shobana” who was the son of King Chandrasen.
King Muchukunda was a true devotee of Lord Vishnu and used to observe fast on Rama Ekadashi. Apart from this, he was a very kind ruler too. Just like his father, Chandrabhaga was also a devotee of Lord Vishu and used to observe fast on Rama Ekadashi since her childhood.
Once the husband of Chandrabhaga come to visit the Kingdom of King Muchukunda. It was the time of Krishan Paksha in the Kartik month. Just like everyone, Shobana was also asked to observe the fast for a day. However, due to his poor health condition, Shobana was not able to keep the fast.
Chandrabhaga asked her husband to go somewhere else because it is compulsory for him to observe the fast if he stays in the kingdom of his father. But, Shobana denied going elsewhere and decided to observe the fast not thinking about the consequences. However, Shobhana was very weak, he died at the midnight due to hunger and thirst.
After his death, Prince Shobana enters the celestial and gets a unique and great kingdom because he kept the Rama Ekadashi Vrat. However, because he was keeping the vrat forcefully, the kingdom becomes invisible. One day, a Brahmin from the kingdom of Muchukunda went out and he saw Shobana with his invisible Kingdom.
Shobana told all his problems to the Brahmin and requested him to tell everything to his wife Chandrabhaga. The Brahmin returned and told princess Chandrabhaga about all problems he was facing. Because Chandrabhaga was a true devotee of Lord Vishnu, he converted the Kingdom into reality with her divine blessings. Finally, they both retained the Kingdom forever and started living a divine and blissful life.
What are the rituals of Rama Ekadashi 2023?
Given below are the rituals performed on the occasion of Rama Ekadashi.
- The process of fasting starts one day prior to the Ekadashi i.e. Dashmi. Devotees are restricted to consume only satvik food on this particular day. Plus, those who observe fast are not allowed to eat anything after sunrise.
- On the day of Ekadashi, observers should not eat or drink anything. In the milder form of fast, observers may consume some fruits.
- The fast will be concluded on the next day i.e. on the 12th day of the lunar month.
- On this day, devotees should wake up early and take a bath.
- Devotees must worship Lord Vishnu and offer Flowers, fruits, special bhog, and other essential things to the deity during the Puja.
- Observes should worship the Lord and listen to bhajans all night.
- Goddess Laxmi is also worshiped on the day of Rama Ekadashi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: The Rama Ekadashi is on 25th October 2023.
Answer: Yes, Rama Ekadashi falls in the Krishna Paksha of Kartik month that why it is called Kartik Krishna Ekadashi.
Answer: Just like other Ekadashi, Rama Ekadashi is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
Answer: The beginning and end timings of Rama Ekadashi are as follows.
Ekadashi Tithi Begin – 3:14 PM on October 24, 2023
Ekadashi Tithi Ends – 12:32 PM on October 25, 2023