Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) will release the official TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023-24. The commission will design the syllabus to assess the knowledge and skills of candidates who are aspiring to work in various posts under the state government of Tamil Nadu.
TNPSC Group 4 syllabus consists of two parts – Part A and Part B. Candidates need to prepare well for both parts. TNPSC will check the sheet of part B only if candidates score more than the qualifying marks in Part A.
The best thing about the TNPSC Group 4 exam is that it provides a great opportunity for candidates to get a civil service job without an interview. The selection process includes an offline written exam, certificate verification and counselling. As you can see, the written exam is the most important exam stage. So, it is very important for you to prepare by going through the TNPSC Group Syllabus PDF 2023-24 given in this post.
Highlights of TNPSC group 4 syllabus 2023-24
|Authority conducting the exam||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Name of the exam||Group 4 – Combined Civil Services Examination–IV (Group-IV Services & VAO)|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Language of questions||English and Tamil|
|Posts Available||Village Administrative Officer (VAO), Tamil Nadu Secretariat Work, Junior Assistant, Tamil Nadu Justice Ministry Jobs, etc.|
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern 2023-24
It is crucial for all candidates to go through the exam pattern in order to understand the syllabus in a better way. Here is the exam pattern for the TNPSC Group 4 examination.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Tamil Aptitude and Marks Test (Part – A)||100||150|
|General Knowledge (Part – B)||75||150|
|Competence and Mental Intelligence (Part – B)||25|
|Total||200 Questions||300 Marks|
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Part – B will be evaluated only if a candidate clears Part – A.
- Candidates will be ranked as per total marks secured by candidates in Part A & Part B combined.
Check: NRA CET syllabus
Subject-Wise detailed TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023-24
Here is the subject-wise detailed syllabus of the TNPSC Group 4 Exam.
Tamil Aptitude and Marks Test (Part – A)
- Fitting – Choosing the right material. Famous books and authors.
- Knowing the sequence and relation- (i) the author referred to by the sequence (ii) the text referred to by the epithet
- Grammar note
- Selecting the answer question.
- Finding out what kind of sentence is written.
- Finding own verbs, other verbs, verbs, and passive sentences
- Picking up antonyms.
- Find a matching term.
- Error correction – remove conjunction, remove singular plural errors, conventional errors remove adverbs, remove other language words.
- Knowing the Tamil equivalent of the English word.
- Discrimination of sound and identification of the correct object
- Identifying monosyllabic meaning
- Keyword selection
- Forming adverbs, adjectives, adverbs and nouns from root words
- Arrange words alphabetically.
- Arrange words to form phrases
- Knowing the type of noun
- Selecting the appropriate material to be illustrated by illustration.
- Choose any one of the following: Nyakai, Monai, or Iiyaibu.
Check: RRB Group D syllabus
- Completing Thirukkural Related Messages, Quotes Series (Twenty-Five Chapters Only) [Love, Character, Education, Question, Knowledge, Modesty, Morality, Patience, Friendship, Verbality, Time, Pain, Reconciliation, Thank You, Testimony, Periyar Sub-Code, Meaning Action, Verbatim, flattery, disinclination, ego, know-it-all, idleness, companionship, ploughing]
- Texts – News related to Naladiyar, Nanmanikadikai, Pazmozhi Nanuru, Muthumozhikanchi, Trikatugam, Inna Forty, Iniyavai Forty, Sirupanjamoolam, Elathi, Olavaiyar and other news in eighteen books.
- Kambaramayanam, Ravanakavyam Related News, Pa Category, Best Serials.
- Purananuru, Agananuru, Narinai, Kurundukai, Inkuguruhundu, news related to calculus, quotes and other news in subliminal, octanal, and decimal texts.
- Silappathikaram – Manimekalai-related news, quotes, best series episodes and news related to Aiperum – Ainchirunkapiyam.
- News related to Periya Puranam – Nalaiyara Divvya Prabandham – Trivilayadapuranam – Thembhavani – Seerapuranam.
- Trivia [Tirukutalak Kuravanchi – Kalingathupparani – Muthollaiyaram, Tamilvidu Dootu – Nandikalambagam, Mukudapallu, Kavadichindu, Muthukumaraswamy Pillaithamil, Irajarajan Cholan Ula related news.
- Manonmaniyam – Panjali Sapadham – Quilt Song – Bilingualism (Kalameghapulavar) – News related to the beautiful Chokkanathar
- News related to folk songs – Siddhar
- News, quotes, special names related to religious pioneers Appar, Sambandar, Sundarar, Manikkavasakar, Thirumoolar, Kulasekhara Alwar, Andal, Seethalaichathanar, HA Kritinananar, Umarupulavar.
Tamil Scholars and Tamil Donations
- Bharatiyar, Bharathidasan, Namakkal Poet, Kavimani National Vinayagam Pillai Related News, Top Serials, Featured Names.
- Traditional Poetry – Mundirasan, Vanidasan, Suratha, Kannadasan, Udumalai Narayanakavi, Pattukottai Kalyana Sundaram, Marudakasi related news, epithets.
- New Poem – N. Bichhamurthy, C. Su. Chellappa. Articles written by Tharumu Sivaramu, Pasuviah, Ira.Meenakshi, C.Mani, Chipi, M. Mehta, Erode Tamilanban, Abdulraguman, Kalapiriya, Kalyanji, Gnanak Khoothan.
- Correspondence literature in Tamil – Diary, News related to Jawaharlal Nehru – Mahatma Gandhi – M. Varadarasanar – Perarinjar Anna.
- News related to Present Art (Countrysides).
- Short Stories in Tamil Topic – Author – Matching
- News related to Arts – Sculpture – Painting – Speech – Film
- Antiquity of Tamil – Specialties of Tamil language, news related to Dravidian languages.
- Prose – Thirammalai Atal, Parithimalakalainagar, N.M.Venkatasamy Nattar, R.P. Sethu, Mr.V.Kalyana Sundaranar, Vaiyapuri, Pera.Daninayagam Adigal, Seikuthambi Bhavalar – News related to language style.
- UV Swaminathar, DPO Meenakshi Sundaranar, C. Ilakkuvanar – news related to Tamil work.
- News related to Devaneya Pavanar – Akaramudi, Bhavalareru Perunchithiranar, Tamildondu.
- GU Pope – Veeramamunivar Tamil Dondu Special Series
- Father Periyar – Perarirnjar Anna – Muthuramalingar – Ambedkar – Kamarasar – M.B.Sivagnanam – Kaithemillat – Community charity.
- Tamil Nadu – News about town and village, change of appearance.
- Global Tamils are special – proud – Tamil work
- News related to Scientific Thoughts in Tamil
- Excellence of Tamil Women – Muvalur Ramamirthammal, Dr. Muthulakshmi Ammaiyar, Velunachiyar and Adhatam Women – Role of Women in Liberation Struggle – Thillaiyadi Valliammai, Annie Besant Ammaiyar
- News related to Tamil trade – Archeological studies – Voyages –
- Food is medicine – news related to healing herbs
- Ramalinga Adikalar, the mother of religious universalism, news related to Mr. V. Kalyana Sundaranar – quotes.
General Knowledge (Part B)
- General Science – Scientific Knowledge and Scientific Temper, Nature of Universe, Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilisers, Pesticides, Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene, Human Diseases, Environment and Ecology.
- Current Events – History, Polity, Geography, Economics, Science, Prominent Personalities in various spheres, etc.
- Geography of India – Location, Transport, Social Geography, Natural calamity, etc.
- History and Culture of India – Indus Valley Civilization, Change and Continuity in the Socio-Cultural History of India, Characteristics of Indian Culture, Unity in Diversity, India as a Secular State, Social Harmony, etc.
- Indian Polity – Constitution of India, Spirit of Federalism, Union Executive, Union Legislature, Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Corruption in Public Life, etc.
- Indian Economy – Nature of Indian Economy, Sources of revenue, Reserve Bank of India, Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land Reforms and Agriculture, etc.
- History, Culture, Heritage and Socio – Political Movement in Tamil Nadu – History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam Age till contemporary times, Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle, Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu, Thirukkural, etc.
- Indian National Movement – National Renaissance, Different modes of Agitation: Growth of Satyagraha and Militant Movements, Communalism and Partition, etc.
- Development Administration in Tamil Nadu – Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country, Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people, Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of SocioEconomic Development, Education and Health Systems in Tamil Nadu, etc.
Competence and Mental Intelligence
- Simplification – Percentage – Highest Common Factor (HCF), Lowest Common Multiple (LCM), et,
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple interest – Compound interest – Area – Volume – Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning – Puzzles-Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alpha numeric Reasoning – Number Series.
Tips to prepare for TNPSC Group 4 Exam
Here are some useful tips that can help you prepare for the TNPSC Group 4 examination in a better way.
- Develop a study plan and stick to it. Make sure to set aside enough time for studying and reviewing, and break down your study sessions into manageable chunks.
- Utilise practice tests and past papers to get a feel for the types of questions you will be asked. This will help you to identify any weak areas and focus on them.
- Make sure to have a good understanding of the syllabus and the topics that will be covered. This will help you to focus your studies and ensure you are covering all the relevant material.
- Take regular breaks to ensure you are staying focused and motivated.
- Make sure to get enough rest and stay healthy. Eating well and getting enough sleep will help you to stay alert and energised throughout the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students should focus on school textbooks up to class 10th.
Yes, the questions will be asked in both Tamil and English Language.
Go through Tamil News Paper and Magazine to stay up to date with current affairs.
Generally, the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus remains the same. However, the commission keeps updating the syllabus by making some small changes.
Through this post, we tried to provide you with the most accurate syllabus. However, if you think there is some mistake in this article then please inform us in the comment section below. We will try to rectify the same as soon as possible.