United Council conducts the Unified International English Olympiad (UIEO) every year. The aim of this Olympiad is to assess the knowledge of school students in the English language. School students from class 2nd to 10th can apply for this Olympiad. Those interested students who want to take this examination may apply online or their school. It is an online exam which students can also take from their home. The pattern of examination is different for various classes. In this post, we are going to discuss all the necessary details related to the United Council UIEO 2022.
United Council UIEO Important Dates 2022
The tentative dates for United Council UIEO 2022 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Last date for the receipt of application||1st week of September 2022|
|Date of examination||1st week of November 2022 and 4th week of November 2022|
|Declaration of result||After 15 days of the examination.|
United Council UIEO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is very important for the aspirants to make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for United Council UIEO 2022 are given below.
- All the candidates should be students of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th
United Council UIEO Application Form 2022
The application form of United Council UIEO 2022 will release in online mode. Those who want to apply submit the application form either through the official website or through their school. Details about both the modes of application are as follows.
Registration through the official website
- In order to register online, the aspirants need to visit the official website.
- On the official website, candidates have to register by providing some of their basic details like name, email address, etc.
- Then, aspirants may log in and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, candidates have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- The details entered in the application form must be correct. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- Apart from the details, it is also compulsory to upload the scanned image of the passport size photograph.
- The application form must be submitted along with the application fee before the last date.
Registration through the School
- Apart from online, the application form can also be submitted through the school.
- In this mode, the students have to collect the application form from the school.
- The candidates have to enter their complete educational, personal, and contact details in the application form.
- The details entered in the application form must be authentic.
- The school will submit the application fee on behalf of all the candidates through a common demand draft.
- The application or registration fee for United Council UIEO 2022 is Rs. 354/-
- The registration fee includes the following charges Examination Fee + Student’s Performance Report (SPR) + 2 Previous Question Papers (PQP) – Downloadable E-book + English Success – Downloadable E-book + Online payment service charges.
United Council UIEO 2022 Exam Pattern
Those aspirants who are preparing for the examination must know the United Council UIEO Exam Pattern 2022 given below.
- Mode of examination: Online
- Type of questions: Objective type Multiple Choice Questions
- Number of questions: 35 (class 2nd to 4th) and 50 (Class 5th to 10th)
- Duration of the examination: 1 hour
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Maximum marks: 35 (class 2nd to 4th) and 50 (Class 5th to 10th)
- Negative marking: Not applicable
Section wise pattern of the examination
Class 2nd to 4th
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Vocabulary & Functional Grammar||25||25|
|Total||35 questions||35 marks|
Class 5th to 10th
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Vocabulary & Functional Grammar||35||35|
|Total||50 questions||50 marks|
United Council UIEO 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus is different for all the classes. Important topics for various classes are given below.
- 2nd Class: Parts of speech (Elementary), Articles, Number, Rhyming words, Simple tenses, Punctuation, Gender, Spellings, Picture composition, Jumbled letters of a word, Jumbled words of a sentence, etc.
- 3rd Class: Parts of speech (Elementary), Simple tenses, Irregular verbs, Modals (of ability and permission, etc.), Basic questions, Punctuation, Number, Spellings, Cloze text, Synonyms, etc.
- 4th Class: Parts of speech, Simple tenses, Irregular verbs, Modals (of ability, permission, etc.), Arranging words in alphabetical order, Cloze text, Basic questions, Error correction, etc.
- 5th Class: Parts of speech, Tenses, Irregular verbs, Modals, Quantifiers, Spellings, Error correction, Cloze text, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Idioms, Homonyms and homophones, etc.
- 6th Class: Parts of speech, Tenses, Continuous tenses, Modal verbs of (necessity/obligation, etc.), Subject-verb Agreement, Spellings, Error corrections, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Idioms, etc.
- 7th Class: Perfect tenses, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Direct-Indirect speech, Word order, Phrasal verbs, Active-Passive voice, Error correction, etc.
- 8th Class: Prepositional phrases, Participle phrases, Tenses, Question tags, Conditionals, Reported speech, Quotation marks, Spellings, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Idioms, Homonyms and homophones, Modals, Cloze text, Clauses, etc.
- 9th Class: Same word used as different parts of speech, Concord, Question forms, Tenses, Conditionals, Modals, Reported speech, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Idioms, Homonyms and homophones, etc.
- 10th Class: Concord, Question forms, Tenses, Conditionals, Modals, Collocations, Phrasal verbs, Cloze text, Differentiating between Fact/ Opinion / Inference, Idioms, Homonyms, and homophones
- The result will be made available 15 days after the examination.
- Along with the result, every participant will get a digital certificate and Student’s Performance Report (SPR)
- As per the marks secured in the examination, candidates will be ranked.
- In case more than one student get the equal score, priority for awarding ranks will be according to the marks acquired in the specified order of sections in the question paper.
United Council UIEO 2022 Awards
The awards under United Council UIEO 2022 are given below.
- The top rankers and next 2 ranks holders from all the classes will get a laptop and a tablet PC each. They will also get a memento + a medal + a merit certificate.
- The next 7 rank holders from each class i.e. (Rank 4 to 10) will get a cash prize of Rs. 1000/- each.
- Similarly, the next 15 rank holders from each class i.e. (Rank 11 to 25) will get a voucher with Rs. 599/- from Olympiad coach.com + a book from brain mapping academy.
- Every participant will get a digital certificate.
Also check: National Informatics Olympiad (NIO)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is there any negative marking for an incorrect answer in the UIEO examination 2022?
Answer: No, there will not be any negative marking.
Question – 2: What is the duration of examination and number of questions for 7th class students?
Answer: The duration of the exam will 1 hour and students need to answer 50 questions.
Question – 3: In which mode the United Council UIEO 2022 examination will be conducted?
Answer: The examination will be conducted in online mode.
Question – 4: Can I take the examination from my home?
Answer: Yes, this examination can be taken from the home. All a student needs to have for taking this exam is a PC/Laptop/Tab/Mobile with an Internet Connection and a Web-cam.