Shri Mata Vaishno Devi is one of the holiest pilgrimages for Hindus around the world. Mata Vaishno Devi is often known as “Moonh Maangi Muradein Poori Karne Wali Mata” which means the Mother who fulfills whatever her children wish for. Shri Mata resides in a holy cave that attracts millions of devotees every year. The Vaishno Devi ‘Aarti’ of the Goddess is performed twice a day first time in the morning just before the sunrise and second time in the evening immediately after the sunset. You can participate in Aarti by completing Vaishno Devi Aarti Booking online or offline.
Please note that only limited slots for Aarti bookings are available every day. Only 100 devotees are allowed every day to participate in the holy aarti. In today’s post, we will help those devotees who are wondering how to participate in Vaishno Devi Aarti. Here, we will share the exact steps of Vaishno Devi Aarti Booking in an accurate manner.
Vaishno Devi Aarti Booking Procedure
As mentioned above, you can apply for Vaishno Devi Aarti Booking either online or offline. To book offline, you need to visit the Vaishno Devi Shrine Board complex and collect the Aarti Parchi. If you are interested in online booking then check out the details below.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board i.e. www.maavaishnodevi.org.
- Then, click on the “Online Service” button available at the top.
- After you need to sign up by providing the following details.
- Devotee Personal Information – User Name, Security Question, Answer, First Name, Last Name, Gender, Marital Status, Date of birth, Occupation, Email, Mobile, Nationality.
- Residential Address – Address, City, State, Country, Pin, Phone.
- Sign in to the website once the registration process gets over.
- Now, you will find the option of many services as given below.
- Attka Aarti Darshan – For this darshan, you will have to pay Rs. 2000/-. In this booking, you will get darshan along with a group of people.
- Individual Poojan – The cost of this registration is Rs. 2100/- (Rs. 5100/- for Non-Resident Indians/ Foreigners). In this pooja, you can take part in the hawan. The hawan is performed in the “Yagyashalla” where, the name, the gotra, etc. of the desirous person shall be chanted and prayers will be offered for their welfare and prosperity.
- SSVP Poojan – It is the most expensive registration which cost Rs. 26000/-. In this registration, devotees are allowed to perform Aarti by sitting just near the Pindi.
- Choose the type of registration (Attka Aarti Darshan/ Individual Poojan/ SSVP Poojan) as per your budget.
- Choose the date and time as per your plans. Remember, aarti is performed in both day and evening.
- After choosing the date and time, you will have to provide the following details.
- Name of the devotee
- ID Nature
- ID Proof No.
- Contact Number
- Click on the “Continue” button once you are done entering the details.
- Next, you will get the payment page. Here, you will have to pay the required registration fee online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Finally, the yatra parchi will be generated. You need to take a printout of the Yatri parchi. Please note that this parchi is mandatory to enter the aarti hall.
Check: Amarnath yatra details
Vaishno Devi Arti Procedure and Some Facts about Vaishno Devi Aarti
- The procedure of ‘Aarti’ is very sacred and it is performed twice a day first time in the morning just before the sunrise and the second time in the evening immediately after the sunset.
- At first, the “Aarti” is performed by Pujaris first inside the sanctum- sanctorum and then outside the cave.
- Before the starting of Aarti, Pujaris perform ‘Aatam puja’ i.e. self-purification.
- Then the Goddess is bathed in water, milk, ghee (Clarified butter), honey, and sugar.
- Next, the goddess is dressed up in a saree, chola and chuni along with various ornaments.
- The whole process of Aarti takes place during the enchantment of various shlokas and Mantras.
- Next, tilak is placed on the forehead of the deity and Prashad is offered to her.
- It is believed that at the time of Aarti, all the Gods and Goddesses are present inside the sanctum Sanctorum.
- The divine lamp (Jyoti) is lightened and then the ‘Aarti’ of the goddess is performed.
- After that, the divine lamp and other items on thaal are lightened and then the ‘Aarti’ of the goddess is performed.
- Devotees who remain seated during the aarti keep listening to the Pravachans of head Pandit.
- Finally, the pujari distributes Prasadam and the charanamrit (the holy water) to the devotees.
- The whole process of aarti takes place around 2 hours. During this time, the darshans remain suspended.
- During the time of Aarti, all the maintenance works required inside the cave are carried out because darshans remain suspended.
How to reach Vaishno Devi Shrine?
To visit the holy shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi, you need to reach Katra. Katra is a small town 50 Kilometers away from Jammu. We can say that Katra is a base camp of pilgrims visiting the shrine. Katra is well connected to Jammu. Here are some ways by which you can reach Jammu.
- Both Indian Airlines and Jet Airways operate daily flights to Jammu. It takes only 80 minutes on flight to reach Jammu to New Delhi.
- By train, you can directly reach Katra. There are numerous superfast trains available that can take you to Katra. In the peak season, the Indian Railways run many special trains that can reach Jammu/ Katra overnight from New Delhi. You can the list of trains from your city through the official website of Indian Railways.
- Jammu and Katra is well connected by road with the rest of India. The NH 1 A passes through Jammu towards Srinagar. Multiple regular bus services to Jammu are available from all major North Indian cities. Apart from this, many standard and deluxe buses of various State Road Transport Corporations along with private operators connect Jammu with important cities and towns of North India.
Check: Mahakaleshwar bhasma aarti booking
Katra to Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan
After reaching Katra, you can start your trekking towards Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan. The distances of various important destinations from Katra are given in the following table.
|Distances from Katra, and Altitude|
|Location||Distance from Katra||Altitudes from Sea Level|
|Charan Paduka||2.5 KM||3380|
|Bhairon Ghati (Via Bhawan)||14.5 KM||6619|
Do’s and Don’ts Before Vaishno Devi Aarti Yatra
- Before starting the Trekking, make sure you have a Yatra Slip. Please note that you will not be allowed beyond the Banganga check post without obtaining the Yatra slip.
- Please confirm the rates of the porters, ponies, and palanquins before taking their services. You should also make they have a valid registration card.
- You should also note that Video Cameras and other electronic gadgets are not allowed on the track.
- Freshen up and wear clothes before proceeding for the Darshans.
- At the bathing ghats, make sure you don’t use soaps, shampoos, oils, etc.
- In the holy cave, you are not allowed to carry anything but cash and selected offerings. You can deposit the rest of your articles in the free cloakrooms.
- Kanya Poojan is not allowed at the bhawan.
- Darshans at Bhairon temple are done only after Darshans at the Holy Cave.
- If you want to donate then you can deposit donations in the donation boxes kept at various locations or at the computerized donation counters against a proper receipt. You should remember that no individual is authorized to take any donation on behalf of the shrine board. You can find donation boxes at the following locations.
- 3 Donation Counters at Bhawan
- 1 Donation Counter at Sanjichatt
- 1 Donation Counter at Adhkuwari
- 1 Donation Counter at Enquiry & Reservation Office, Niharika Complex, Katra
- 1 Donation Counter at Central Office of Shrine Board, Katra
2 thoughts on “Vaishno Devi Aarti Booking (Online): Know the step by step process to book Vaishno Devi Aarti get Yatra Parchi”
Very clear satisfied
Is Amarnath yatra is safe