11) Which king started the organization of Kumbh fair at Allahabad?
(B) Dhruvasena Ii
Answer: A (Harshavardhana)
12) The eighth-century tripartite power struggle was among which of the following?
(A) Cholas, Rastrakutas and Yadavas,
(B) Chalukyas, Pallavas and Pandyas
(C) Cholas, Pandyas and Chalukyas
(D) Chalukyas, Pallavas and Yadavas
Answer: B (Chalukyas, Pallavas and Pandyas)
13) On which of the following systems of Hindu Philosophy, Shankaracharya wrote commentary in 9th century AD?
Answer: D (Uttarmimansa)
14) The first astronomical observatory of Harappan Civilization has been found at which among the following ancient Indian sites?
Answer: D (Dholavira)
15) Which among the following Vedic Texts gives a systematic exposition of the ‘theory of rebirth’ for the first time?
(A) Chhandogya Upanishad
(B) Mundaka Upanishad
(C) Satapatha Brahmana
(D) Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
Answer: A (Chhandogya Upanishad)
16) The doctrine of ‘Vyuhavada’ is associated with which among the following Sects (or) cults of India?
Answer: B (Vaishnavism)
17) To perform which among the following functions, Rajukas were appointed by Asoka?
(A) Revenue Functions
(B) Judicial Functions
(C) Religious Functions
(D) Military Functions
Answer: B (Judicial Functions)
18) Bring out the only incorrect statement:
(A) Brihadrath was the last ruler of mauryan Dynasty
(B) Devabhuti was the last ruler of Sunga Dynasty
(C) Ajatashatru was the last ruler of Haranyaka Dynasty
(D) Dhana Nanda was the last ruler of Nanda Dynasty
Answer: C (Ajatashatru was the last ruler of Haranyaka Dynasty)
19) Which among the following river is most described in Rig-Veda?
Answer: A (Sindhu)
20) The Palaeomagnetic results obtained from India indicated that in the past Indian Landmass Moved to _______?
Answer: B (Northwards)